Title: 1970 Airstream Overlander 27 - Texas
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
This trailer was purchased over 1 year ago and unfortunately we're unable to finish out the project. After 2 bad experiences with contractors, we’ve decided to sell.
The following work has been done:
1. New subfloor, new vinyl tile flooring
2. New steel bumper and subfloor steel structure in the rear of the trailer under bathroom
3. New sofa/bed upholstery
4. New Dometic refrigerator (LP/Electric)
5. New electric inverter
6. Some new pex plumbing where needed
7. New gas lines where needed.
8. New water pump
Still needs to be done:
1. The bathroom has been gutted and is a ready to have a new shower, toilet and sink put in.
2. Needs new water heater
3. Curtains/blinds to be installed (we took out the originals due to wear/tear)
4. Electric jack/leveler not working properly, needs to be re-wired.
There are some cosmetic updates that would be nice such as painting/staining some of the wood which looks a bit dated. The exterior is in good shape with some dings (maybe hail) on the right rear corner.
We spent $10k for the trailer 1 year ago and over $23k on the work so far..needless to say, we’re ready to cut our losses. Someone who has a good contractor or can do the work themselves will get a great Airstream with the bathroom and a few other small items to complete.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: