Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
Streamline Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Indianapolis , Indiana
1968, 29' Streamline Empress

Title: Add New - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstream Trailers For Sale
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

NOTE: I'm not great at writing ads and will be happy to provide any information I've inadvertently omitted. Thanks.

This is a great trailer. I love it and am only selling her because of two things:
1. I want to downsize to a smaller trailer, because....
2. I am no longer living full-time in her because I moved in with aging family members

Purchased summer 2013. I immediately did a shell on restoration. All of the flooring was rotted.

New subfloor. Not only is there new flooring, it is coated on both sides with oil based paint in the hopes of minimizing future floor rot. If you don't know about Streamline trailers, there is actually minimal wood in them. The vertical supports are aluminum, as are the closet walls.

Speaking of which, there is almost TOO MUCH storage in this trailer. Seriously.

Okay, front living room that transitions into the kitchen. Large pantry. New refrigerator. New fresh water tank and water lines. Middle bedroom area with custom made mattress. Build in dresser (among all the other storage). Back bathroom with new toilet. Walk in shower with door. The shower is awesome. Tankless water heater.

The electric has all been reworked. Converter, inverter....I had my stepdad help me with all that because I don't get it. Sorry. But there is a new battery.

Stove and oven both work really well. The oven/stove was taken completely apart and refurbished. Two large propane tanks.

She's water tight. The porch light needs to be worked on but my solution was blue painters tape. So far it's holding.

Structurally she's sound. She tows like a dream. I pull her with my F-150.

There are, however, some comfort and cosmetic issues. Mostly they are about what you like and how you want to finish off the restoration work. I did all the heavy lifting and would have completed it if not for family issues.

I have photos of the entire restoration process and more photos of the current condition but you can only upload ten photos. Available on serious inquiry.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...mline-empress/
Nolavalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote