Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #1

1967 22' Safari
Athens , Georgia
1967 Airstream Safari 22 - North Carolina

Title: 1967 Airstream Safari 22 - North Carolina
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

In 2008, with some money saved up and the best of intentions, we bought a 1967 Airstream Safari from a dude in the woods outside Athens, GA. We planned to renovate it into a writing cabin, so my father and I started working on it. We pulled up some old carpet, took the cabinets apart, put down pergo flooring, and painted, and with a futon, a lamp, and a table, it gave me a place to write my essays and Ph.D. dissertation.

But, as with a lot of projects, money ran out and time moved on. We had kids, spent a couple of years looking for work, and ended up in a home where we have no space to keep it and finish working on it. For the last two years it's been on my parents' land in Four Oaks, NC, waiting for someone to complete the job.

There are a lot of things to recommend this one. The original stove and sink are intact, some of the cabinets are there (but disassembled), and the bathroom is still in good shape. The frame is solid. It's not vacation-worthy yet, but on two new tires it made the trip from Athens GA to North Carolina without any problems. A full size van or truck is plenty to haul it.

It also needs some loving care. The vents in the roof are leaky and the floor has sustained some water damage; it will probably need a new subfloor. When we got it some of the windows had been replaced with plexiglass, and they're a little drafty. The original wiring was chewed up from years of woodland creatures, so that all had to come out and will need to be replaced.

But this trailer is a treasure. We even have the original owner's manual and paperwork, so you can chart its history from Pennsylvania to Georgia to NC. Do some work to take it out on the road, or do what we wanted to do - put it on blocks, build a deck around it, and turn it into a guest house or writing cabin. Air B&B it. It'll love you if you love it.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...orth-carolina/
sealeymorris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags