05-18-2021, 10:32 AM
1 Rivet Member
1967 22' Safari
Join Date: Apr 2021
1967 Airstream Safari 22 - Massachusetts
Airstream Safari Twin 22
- Original interior in vintage condition. Two color options were available for this model, teal and yellow. This one is yellow, but the exterior accents and the interior gas lamp are teal.
- Sofa converts to a bed, and the dinette converts to two twin beds.
- I have never charged the water or propane lines, so I am not sure if they leak. There is a disconnected pipe under the bathroom sink that definitely needs to be repaired before the water lines can be charged. A section of propane line was damaged during the install of the new axle.
- Electric system works when plugged into shore power. I am not sure if the 12 volt works, I have never installed a battery.
- Bathroom fiberglass is original.
- Toilet hookup is in place, but there is no toilet.
- Original shower curtain.
- The bathroom floor is exposed plywood and is water damaged, it needs replacement. I have a roll of period appropriate Forbo Marmoleum flooring in grey that comes with the sale.
- Original cushions amp; upholstery.
- Original range has some surface rust, interior of oven is in good shape. I am unsure if the range works since it runs o propane.
- Original Electrolux dual fuel fridge works and gets nice and cold on shore power. I have not tested it on propane.
- The adhesive on the original vinyl floor tiles is failing, so new flooring is probably needed. There is wear on the plywood right at the main door which seems to be typical for these campers.
- New Dexter axle, with a lift kit, self adjusting brakes, and an ez lube spindle.
- New tires on original restored wheels.
- New tow wiring
- New LED lights for all the exterior locations, these have not been installed yet, but come with the sale.
- The original door lock hardware was refit and rekeyed by a locksmith.
- Original Corning glass windows on 3.5 of the windows, the rest are plastic replacements.
- Aluminum shell has had the clear coat removed and is ready for polishing.
- Two original skylight vents, with working vent fan. Third skylight is missing and has a temporary cover.
- Original hubcaps being stored inside the camper
- Dents as shown in photos
- 22 model
I purchased this unit as a restoration project, but I no longer have the time. Clean Massachusetts title. Being sold as is. I do have a bunch of paperwork and the owner s manual.
View this ad at Airstream Classifieds
- 1967 Airstream Safari 22 - Massachusetts