Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #1

1967 26' Overlander
Cedar Creek , Texas
1967 Airstream Overlander 26 - Texas

Title: 1967 Airstream Overlander 26 - Texas
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

(See my Craigslist Post for better Pictures. http://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/6301740755.html)

I sadly have to move my 1967 Airstream Overlander International 27' Travel Trailer.

I have done a ton of work on it and took a trip to Santa Fe with her last spring break. Everything works. All systems repaired to working, road ready order. Inspection passed and it was used frequently.

I have within the last year:

- Replaced Axels with Brand New Henschen Axels from Inland RV, with Electric Brakes
- Replaced 12V DC System, Brand New Converter/Charger from BestConverter, Brand New Fuse Panel
- Repaired the Suburban Furnace Combustion Chamber Linkage (Typical Airstream Problem) No untimely death from Carbon Monoxide!
- Repaired the Plumbing System to Working Order
- Repaired Electrical System to Working Order
- Installed Brand New BAL Stabilizer Jack System (All Four Corners)
- Acquired but not Installed an Original Two-Way Fridge
- Repaired Propane System to Working Order, Added Brand New Regulator (It has what I believe to be the original propane cylinders. Not 100% sure, but I think so.
- Installed Brand New Emergency Release Braking System
- Installed Brand New Thermostat
- Repaired the Propane Mantle Lamp to Working Order
- I'm sure that there's more that I'm forgetting...

The interior is original, except for the fridge/freezer that is in there. Oh, and the oven is missing as well. This is the International Model that has the mahogany veneered everything--some is cracked and peeling in places. Because the axels were shot, there are popped rivets and the bulkheads have been shifted. I will include the OEM two-way fridge that I have for it. There is only one glass window, all others have plexi in them. Original Weight Distribution System and a modern tow hitch with sway control are also included.

But the catch, right? A tree fell on it late last year and the front got smashed a bit. There is a dent in the front above the window, and the tops of the original propane tanks got smashed. Two of the three running lights in that area are broken, but I believe that I have replacements for them that I will include. You can see that damage in the last two pics.

This has been my project for the last 18 months and I have put a lot of money and time into it. I was planning to do a full shell-off restoration this spring, but the darling wife would rather we put the time and money and effort into the two rooms in our house that have not been updated. Although I'm throwing her under the bus......she's actually right. The house projects have to take precedent.

So I'm ready to hand this over to the next person that wants a vintage Airstream that hasn't been turned into a food truck or bed and breakfast or whatever. This is a 50 year old trailer! It needs finished and I've done about one third of the work. Like I say, we got it road ready and enjoyed the heck out of it camping all over Texas and into New Mexico last year. We were in the snowy mountains and kept warm, as well as the summer heat of Texas and kept as cool as we could...there's not much to be done when it's 103 degrees and you're hanging out in a giant silver twinkie.

So text or email me. There aren't many 1967 models that are this original out there. This one is ready to be turned into your dream.

Email, Call, or Text (five-1-too) 6-niner-five 4-Oh-8-five
(spam bots been killing me)
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...er-26-texas-4/
edgobb is offline   Reply With Quote