Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
1964 22' Safari
Sacramento , California
1964 Airstream Safari 22 - California

Title: 1964 Airstream Safari 22 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

1964 Safari 22' all updated in the last five years. It has a great open floorplan with a huge dinette that converts into two twin beds. There's also the couch that converts into a double bed. It's all been reupholstered with new 6" reversible cushions. They are cloth on one side and vinyl on the other. This has been my labor or love for the last five years. I've spent countless hours polishing and updating nearly everything while keeping it original looking. I replaced the AC with a new Coleman Mach Power Saver. It works great. I've completely re-plumbed in pex. I've also installed a new Atwood On Demand Hot Water Heater, water tank, new Sureflo on demand water pump, a new Suburban Central Heat Furnace, a new Oster Microwave, a new Jenson RV Blue Tooth compatible stereo sound system and HDTV, all new upholstery including new 6" high density foam. a new toilet, a new inverter, a new Intelli Power Electric Converter/Battery Charger, etc. I even replaced the axle, shocks, hubs and brakes. All the interior lights have been updated to LED. The list goes on.

As I said, it's been a labor of love and I've never skimped on anything. That said, it still needs work. I've fixed most all the leaks and made it weathertight but it definitely still has a good share of "patina". There are dents and previous repairs in a number of places. Please look at the pictures carefully. I can send more if that would help. Faintly above the front and back windows you can still see the numbers from when the owners were members of the Wally Byam Caravaners. Imagine where she's been. The years and many miles have left their mark and the floor is rotten in places. Most notably in the back.

The '64 Safari is only 22' and at 3100 lbs. it can be towed with almost anything. I've been towing it with a '64 Lincoln and sometimes a '99 Durango. Please come and see it in Sacramento if you can. If not I can send more pictures.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-california-7/
64Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote