Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
1964 Airstream Overlander 26 - Virginia

Title: 1964 Airstream Overlander 26 - Virginia
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Completely Restored. This is not a refurbish. This is a restoration with every detail considered and new amenities where they can’t be seen. The new owner of this trailer should be able to take it to an International rally and easily win a Gold certificate for restoration. Original zolatone, floor replaced with VCT tiles cut down to original 9" squares.

This trailer has as many updates as possible while still making it look completely original. Materials cost over $13,000. Only best possible products were used. Maxxi tires, new axles and rims, 2 new gray tanks (24gal total), new black tank (18gal)– and all with tank washers. New plumbing, propane lines, 30lb new aluminum tanks, filled with gauges, new seals, wall thermostat heatpump with electric heat strip. 10 gallon electric ignition dual fuel hot water tank, all LED lights, new intellipower converter and 3, 100AH Gel Cell batteries, Por15 sprayed frame including the frame under the bellypan (even though almost no rust to start with), 2 automatic temp controlled fantastic fans with rain sensors, new goucho foam and upholstery, all new custom curtains with light blocking and stain repellant. New Wave 6 catalytic heater, New porcelain elongated toilet in original location (I’m the first person to pull this off and keep it looking original. The original stove and fridge both work and have been cleaned and refurbished where needed.
The upholstery was from the 60’s. It was from an un-used bolt of actual 60s era upholstery, and is actually very similar to the original, but better looking.
This trailer was in great condition even before I started. We really spared no expense. I haven’t listed everything here like new light covers, the propane regulator, new pietzo electric start for the fridge instead of the original flint lighter, but I do have a complete list of all the items and original cost.
The trailer comes with almost all the original documentation for things like the stove, fridge and awnings, and I’ve added things for the heater, heatpump, intellipower converter, etc.
If you really want to make it look original, I carefully removed the original covers for the furnace and the water heater. You could polish these, then rivet them in the correct locations on the trailer for a true vintage look. The original TV antenna and rock guard were restored. The only change I made was to replace the rockguard wavy fiberglass (which you couldn’t see through the trailer while driving) to ¼” UV protected Lexan.
Couple of fun items: 21” LED TV on swing hinge so you can see it from the living room or bedroom. I hid LED strips in a couple places on the trailer to make life easy. There is remote strip above the gaucho you can’t see, a night light below the catalytic heater, a strip that lights up the step (this one has been awesome), fully lit up pantry, and a full LED setup in the bumper trunk and rear baggage compartment. Finally, there is a party strip under the trailer. You can light up underneath in a variety of colors and effects, but for me, I put it on white, and it makes it a dream to set the trailer up at night.
Trailer comes with tire covers, 4 aluminum jack stands, brand new unused water hoses, new waste lines, and new in box x-chock wheel stabilizers. It is ready to for the road! Keyed lock and deadbolt. 64 was the last year for jalousie windows and door within a door. I had custom made glass storm doors for the jalousie windows made. I have 2614 as my WBCCI #, stickers ready for you to put on if you want to join. Will transfer membership. Even have a Virginia 64 trailer plate if you live in VA.

I will only sell through a 3rd party escrow service for your protection and mine. This is similar to what other folks have used - you can research escrow service in the forums.

If you have questions or want additional pictures, let me know. I’ll be doing a video as well to show you where all the switches are, how to light the stove and fridge, and use the gaucho and everything else. IF you want more pictures now, or want to see how much work into the trailer, just search for all my posts based on my user name, robwok. Below is the main thread. The second is some additional indoor pics.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f157...ing-73860.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...el-143199.html
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...r-26-virginia/
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags