Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2021, 07:26 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Longport , New Jersey
1964 airstream ambassador 28 - New Jersey

1964 28' Airstream Ambassador for sale. I set this up thoughtfully and carefully for my family and not for a flip/profit. My kids are no longer interested and I'd like to downsize as small as possible now.

We could not find a new one that suited our taste, so we went the restoration route. One of a kind interior feels more like a luxurious cabin than a trailer. The restoration was taken down to the frame which was completely rust free and rebuilt from there. Used for a family of 5 with enough cabinet space for everyone.

Before you buy a vintage restore you should ask the bigger questions first:

Is plumbing updated? Grey? Black? this is a big deal if you are new.

Electric updated?

How are the axles and brakes?

Heat and Air?

Brand new grey tanks 2

Brand new natures head composting toiler never used

We've plumbed for a black tank should someone want to go back but can't imagine why you would

All new valves amp; lines pressure tested

New axles/brakes and tires

Has the most amazing heat system that you find on sailboats.

Updated electric

Sound frame no rust

ProPride Hitch

There's more to it but the above is all your big items.

Sleeps 5 comfortably with the front seating area with endless storage underneath converting to a massive size sleeping area. Rear sleeping areas with two single beds one pulls out to a double if desired. All top of the line custom upholstered thick cushions. Extremely comfortable. 6 large overhead cabinets for clothes or other items in the sleeping area.

New Kitchen: Custom cabinets. 4 overhead amp; 3 cabinets, large food pantry, large double sink with a spray hose. New 2 burner range and hood. Plenty of storage space. Butcher block countertops also plenty of counter space. Wine/beverage fridge and regular fridge and ice maker. Electrical overhead mini hi hat lights. Stereo system with speakers. Under cabinet mood lighting.

I know it's not the norm, but I do not like mirror finishes on vintage airstreams, but this one is primed and prepped for a shine if you want to go that route. Body/Skin is in good condition. Few blemishes, but overall excellent for a trailer of this vintage.

Bathroom: Full sized shower with a handheld showerhead, Brand new Natures toilet, and sink/vanity. Large closet and under vanity storage. New 6 gallon hot water heater.

Brand new plumbing with dual grey water tanks.

2 brand new axles w/ brakes from Colin Hyde

Pro Pride hitch

Custom Kitchen with double sink and tons of counter space.

Aluminum rims amp; Brand new tires

Dometic AC unit blows ice cold

Brand new 6 gallon water heater.

Dickenson Marine Gas Fireplace incredible feature

Full shower in the bathroom.

Natures Head composting toilet brand new never used

Brand new awning.

Onboard air compressor

2 30LB propane tanks

A new freshwater system with a new pump for when you are not hooked up to water.

Power jack

Exterior light

Perfect door with a built in screen, two keys for the lock

rear jacks

multiple lights and outlets throughout the cabin

Large bumper storage for electrical and sewer hoses

Includes 30 gallon toter

The trailer has a wild history/story and ready to add your adventures to the book.

photos they are a little all over the place. I used some images before we updated a few major items because it showed some interior elements that we liked, but please keep in mind that some of these images might show the old awning or the old floor. We are also just finishing up new window treatments and bathroom and kitchen backsplash I will update photos if someone wants them. Also, some photos were shot during parts of the restoration and I've included them.

This trailer is being sold AS IS with NO guarantees or warranties implied. The major elements on this trailer are superior to 99 of what you will find on older airstreams that are out of warranty.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1964 airstream ambassador 28 - New Jersey

gomotomoto is offline   Reply With Quote