Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
1968 30' Sovereign
Salt Lake City , Utah
1962 Airstream Safari 22 - Utah

Title: 1962 Airstream Safari 22 - Utah
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Go vintage or go home. This 22--foot 1962 Safari is an Airstream classic. It's in excellent shape and has not suffered poorly done modifications.

I bought it in May 2017, and while I love it, I realize I am not going to be able to use it enough to justify keeping it.

Since purchasing it I have had quite a bit of work done. It's road worthy and ready to use.

This model is a desirable size and can easily be towed by a Tacoma or a half-ton truck.

This particular trailer is nearly all original and very intact. All appliances, cabinets, lighting, and hardware are all original and present. This light hardwood is all original and shows no de-lamination. "lifetime warranty" plaque is still present (valid only for the original owner!).

This is a desirable year with the door inside the door and a functional jalousie window—a combination that was only used a few short years.

The following was done in 2017 by Camper Reparadise in SLC:

New axle
New brakes
New 7 way connector and line to brakes and lights
Installed new 12 volt system (two six volt batteries)
Installed CO2 detector
Installed USB port
Purchased and installed an Andersen no sway weight distribution hitch which is available for $350 extra.
Replaced the propane lines
Replaced one of the original vents with a Fantastic-vent with water sensor
Replaced the cover on the larger of the roof vents/opening
Repaired the bed so it is functional
Did some minor body repairs (body is in good shape with some normal wear and tear)
Replaced the propane lines, replaced an old roof vent with a Fantastic-vent
Installed new locks on all compartment doors

I have not tested or used the plumbing which I am assuming needs work. The good news is that it's all accessible. I was going to add a composting toilet, but have not. It needs a toilet.

I am not desperate to sell but if I can find a good home for this very cool trailer I am ready to let it go.

Serious buyers only.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...ari-22-utah-2/
utahredrock is offline   Reply With Quote