Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2017, 12:39 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Saint David , Arizona
1957 Airstream Bubble 16 - Arizona

Title: 1957 Airstream Bubble 16 - Arizona
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

One of the most sought-after of all the Vintage Airstreams AND Cold AC, with a Bathroom! This little 1957 Bubble draws a crowd wherever it goes. The 1957 Chevy Truck in the last picture is also for sale (I'd take 23k for it with the Airstream). If you don’t like attention- this is NOT the trailer for you! This little guy is only 16′ from hitch-to-bumper and has a 13′ box, the smallest Airstream made with a bathroom. Just polished to a mirror-like shine, and LOTS of modern upgrades to make it comfortable and user-friendly, keeping just enough of the original fixtures, etc to preserve the charm and character. Updated exterior lighting and wiring, with modern 7-Round plug, new hitch that takes a 2 5/16″, new safety chains, and a new “Haul Master” electric Hitch Jack with light. New “AWC” polished aluminum 15″ wheels and “Goodyear Endurance” ST 205/75 R15 load range D tires… and check out the neat under-belly lighting, it comes with a little remote and changes colors, just a cool little trick for the car shows and caravans. You know you’ve invested wisely when people are piling out of their half-million dollar class A’s to come check out your Airstream and beg you to look inside.

New COLD “Frigidaire” Energy Star AC with remote, mounted under the bed (with ventilation/fan/screens) to preserve that beautiful roof-line by NOT installing a big ugly AC unit on top. Original roof-vent replaced with a new dark-tinted modern roof-vent (hand crank like OEM). New breaker-box, Modern 30 AMP service with “Furrion” locking plug and 30 AMP cord. “Power Max PM3-55” Convertor, 12 Volt power supply, 1 and 2.1 AMP charging port, and Voltmeter. “Blue Sea Systems” fuse block. 2 new 30# LP tanks/tank cover, new LP pressure regulator and hoses. Updated 20 gallon fresh water tank, 20 gallon gray water tank and original black water tank under the toilet, (systems essentially unused since finished, only used to test functionality) with modern “Valterra” waste-gate and sewer hook-ups. ABS/PVC plumbing, PEX/Copper supply lines, with valves and shut-offs at all key locations for ease of use and draining. “Ariston” 4 gallon adjustable temperature water heater, “Shurflo” water pump and new stainless water fill/cap.

They advertised in the old Airstream literature from 57′ that it would sleep 4, that’s a stretch- but it does have a nice bed in the rear that measures about 84″ x 47″ (with new custom mattress) and the dinette also folds into another bed, about 72″ x 36″. Great/useable kitchen space with a “Princess Gourmet” 2 burner cook-top by “Euro-Kara”, with overhead vent-fan/light, “Nostalgia Electronics Retrowave” microwave, “Waeco” refrigerator/freezer, and original porcelain sink with new faucet. The bathroom features a sink, toilet and shower (although why anyone would shower in that cute little bathroom is beyond me) the toilet had this ugly chipped up old seat on it, but there was wood underneath all that old enamel, so it was sanded and finished/varnished to what you see now (yeah, to say these are hard to find is an understatement) and it looks like a new one. “Sceptre” LCD TV/DVD, “Dual” AM/FM/CD/WMA/MP3 with USB, custom Birch stereo/speaker boxes, speakers have extra long cords, so you can put them outside if you’re having a picnic and they sound great, didn’t want to cut up the walls for interior-mounted speakers/stereo, but still wanted to have the “luxury”. The new “original-look” white upholstery with turquoise piping, beautiful “Tobacco Trail Acacia” hand-scraped engineered hardwood flooring, go great with the original “Zolatone” paint on the interior walls, with just enough “Tropical Turquoise” to give it that fun 50’s feel.

Factory specs from Airstream are as follows:

Overall length: 16′ Body: 13′ Height: 8′ 4″ Width: 7′ 1″ Overall Weight: 1750 pounds (this isn’t accurate today due to changes/additions, but gives you a general idea) Hitch Weight: 180 pounds.

This little Bubble is a beautiful fusion of Vintage-Retro class and modern amenities. There has been a great deal of time and money spent to make it both stunning to look at and user-friendly. I’m sure I’ve left out a lot of little details that I don’t even know about- it was updated/upgraded by someone who has worked on a LOT of Airstreams over the years, both old and new, and there are little things that nobody thinks about (until you need them or something goes wrong), like accessibility to the fuse panel, breaker box, battery. Plenty of shut-off valves for seasonal storage/draining. The original drawers were preserved, one additional added in kitchen, and horizontal drawer slides added to eliminate wood-friction. Original table and counter surfaces were preserved and the modern appliances were chosen specifically to accommodate that. The little charging station by the dinette where you can plug in your laptop or your cell phone charger, the vintage feel of the “Grandpa catches” on the TV and accordion mirror in the bathroom– Having received this much attention to detail, this little guy is sure to be a favorite in your collection, or take it on a road-trip and be the envy of everyone on the roads and campgrounds everywhere!

NO- the 1957 Chevy truck in the last picture is NOT included; however, it IS also for sale… It’s a frame-off Resto-Mod, with cold AC, disc brakes, tilt, power steering, power windows etc. There’s no hitch on it right now, but it would be easy to install one, and would look GREAT towing this Airstream!! I’ll make you a GREAT deal if you want to buy them both… Just CALL me or text and I can direct you to the site where I have 24 FULL SIZE PICTURES and ALL info. NO EMAILS please, too many scams and I don’t have time for that, if you’re serious just give a call…

Please feel free to contact me any time if you need any additional info, would like to come and see the Airstream, or just have questions: 520-404-1975 cell. (Heather Anderson)
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...le-16-arizona/
Heather Ande is offline   Reply With Quote