Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #201
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Hey Flo and Diane,
Welcome to the Air Forums. There is a plethora of information here with a lot of support from the FOD members. It so exciting to see couples identifying themselves as married as equal marriage rights are gained across the country. In 2007, very few Air Forum members indicated their relationship status on the Forums. There was no FOD at that time.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 43 anniversary of being together on Valentine's Day. Our 6 year wedding anniversary is in July.

BTW, the Chinese New Year celebration for the year of the Wood Horse begins on 1/31 and ends on 2/15. Another reason to celebrate wishes of happiness, good health, wealth, and prosperity.

Wishing you and all a Happy New Year

Cheers, Larry, Bill and their Corgi owners Mac and Tasha.

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #202
ranchometal

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Mare Island , California
Hello Dorothy!

Paul and Bill here. 11+/- years together. Live in California, Mare Island, Northeast SF Bay Area. Just purchased 2014 23D two weeks ago. One trip to Mendocino coast for four nights and all went perfectly!

I lived on a trawler for a few years and Bill's family camped every summer, so we know we are good at this. Both handy. Love motorcycling (BMW 1200GSs), bicycling, camping, photography, design, acting and improv. Work in SF.

Cannot wait to meet folk in our area and also join in on some of the group outings. Keep hearing about Casini Ranch and other digs. Must learn more.

Cheer to you all and feel free to reach us.

Paul and Bill
ranchometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #203
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
We own a 2007 23' Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchometal View Post
Paul and Bill here. 11+/- years together. Live in California, Mare Island, Northeast SF Bay Area. Just purchased 2014 23D two weeks ago. One trip to Mendocino coast for four nights and all went perfectly!

I lived on a trawler for a few years and Bill's family camped every summer, so we know we are good at this. Both handy. Love motorcycling (BMW 1200GSs), bicycling, camping, photography, design, acting and improv. Work in SF.

Cannot wait to meet folk in our area and also join in on some of the group outings. Keep hearing about Casini Ranch and other digs. Must learn more.

Cheer to you all and feel free to reach us.

Paul and Bill
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the Air Forums. I met my husband, Bill, at a Gay-Straight Dance at the UC Berkeley Student Union in 1971. While I attended San Jose State University, we had dates in San Francisco, where he lived and worked for a landscape architect operating heavy equipment.

We settled down in my home-town of San Diego as medical professionals and are savoring retirement.

We love our 23' L-lounge Safari. You can read about some of our adventures, trailer maintenance, and repairs on Bill's Air Forum blog http://www.airforums.com/forums/f396...ast-29471.html

http://airstreamlife.com/historysafariexpress/

Cheers and happy feasting,
Larry, Bill, and their corgi owners Mac and Tasha

Old 01-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #204
ranchometal

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Mare Island , California
Hey guys! We are Paul and Bill - ranhometal. We live on Mare Island and just purchased a 23D. Interested in going to Casini Ranch. Sounds like a nice place. We've been to Westport north of Ft. Bragg, going to Costanoa near Santa Cruz, headed to Olema in a few weeks, checking out Siskiyou Campground. Would like to hook up with you guys if you're interested. We're low key, but fun. No dogs, kids, just us. Feel free to hit us up.

Paul and Bill
ranchometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #205
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Welcome to the forums, guys!
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #206
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchometal View Post
Hey guys! We are Paul and Bill - ranhometal. We've been to Westport north of Ft. Bragg, going to Costanoa near Santa Cruz, headed to Olema in a few weeks, checking out Siskiyou Campground. Would like to hook up with you guys if you're interested. We're low key, but fun. No dogs, kids, just us. Feel free to hit us up.

Paul and Bill
Hi Guys,

As much as I love northern CA's camping opportunities, Bill and I, the "2 little Old Men from San Diego", limit our camping to a 100 mile radius of San Diego as we avoid traffic and crowds. We are low-key, prefer small get togethers versus groups, and only camp during the work week as there are fewer people in the park. If you ever venture to Agua Caliente County Park, let us know.

Cheers,
Larry & Bill

Old 07-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #207
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
NEW ORLEANS , Louisiana
Hello from New Orleans

I'm Jerry and my partner is Danny of 10 years. We just recently upgrade our 23'international to a 2014 27'flying cloud. Needed the extra room for our three traveling companions Gracie (beagle) Abby and Julep (mini dachshunds).

We travel whenever we can, usually to the Florida Guf Coast and hangout at Grayton Beach State Park on 30A.

We belong to the GNO unit in Louisiana and havent been able to go to any rallys due to our work. We have a small Cafe in the French Quarter (cafe amelie where I chef and Danny runs the joint and petite amelie our gourmet deli/market).

If you find yourself in New Orleans, stop in and introduce yourself. We are alwyas looking for new friends to airstream with, havent really met many on our travels, but we are new to streaming.

Hope to meet many of you on our travels....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	217885   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3718.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	217886  

LUCKYDOGNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #208

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Welcome and congrats on the upgrade! Y'all aren't to far from Arkansas so maybe you could join us next June for the FOD rally? Thanks for the intro and welcome aboard!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #209
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
NEW ORLEANS , Louisiana
Sounds great.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
LUCKYDOGNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #210
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Vancouver , British Columbia
My partner Barbara and I (21 yrs together) just purchased our first ever trailer - a 2015 Flying Cloud 23 FB. Still looking for a Touareg to tow us. Live in Vancouver BC and will be taking long weekends through the Fall and Winter, in BC, AB and WA. It rarely gets to freezing up here.

I was brought up caravaning in the UK but wasn't driving then! We will be taking towing lessons soon :-)

Would be interested in chatting with local owners about all things Airstream!

Penny
FlyinNitwits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #211
2 Rivet Member

Victoria , British Columbia
Hey let us know if you come to Vancouver Island we just bought our Airstream today in North Van
Kgcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #212
2 Rivet Member

We are interested in becoming a part of the community!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #213
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hi Karl - we may well come to VI but not for a little while. We know lots of people in Victoria. Where are you?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #214
2 Rivet Member

Hi am new to the forum we are in Sooke and plan to take the short journey down the highway to Jordon River to camp near the ocean this weekend....need to do some cleaning and organizing first
Old 09-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #215
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Good for you! We will meet up one day, for sure. We won't go anywhere till we get our vehicle :-)
Old 09-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #216
2 Rivet Member

How are you guys doing with the learning curve my brain was in over drive today
Old 09-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #217
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Us too! Will start in ernest when we make final payment and get "the tour". Have been taking a scattershot approach to the forums so far but need to knuckle down now.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #218
2 Rivet Member

We bought a 1992 ford diesel thursday had the tow package and lights inspected on Friday and worked the deal Sunday and she came home today! I'm exhausted but can't sleep lol
Old 09-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #219
2 Rivet Member

What year did you buy? we have a 1992 Excella 29 ft
Old 09-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #220
2 Rivet Member

Krista, Micheal and Shamus ( Cairn Terrier)