Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #161
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Wow, far away. Are there any FODs and friends of FODs on the west coast that might be up for some kind of rally?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #162

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globie64
Wow, far away. Are there any FODs and friends of FODs on the west coast that might be up for some kind of rally?
Just set one up and they will come! We set our up last year and had around 12 trailers and now were up to 20! If you want PM me and I can help you set one up for the West Coast, its easy and I'm sure you would get a great turnout! If we can get a rally going in the Bible Belt I'm sure you can in the West.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #163
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Welcome to the forums, John. Are you planning on coming to Austin for the F1 race?

Lynn
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #164
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Boone , North Carolina
Yes, planning on coming to the F1 in Austin, but will leave the AS behind. My sister has a house in Austin I can use, so I will fly in for the weekend.
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #165
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
Hey, a little off topic, but I thought you all might have a sense for this because you all seem to be generally in this part of the country: I'm driving from CA to RI in November and back again in early December. Sadly, not towing my Airstream, I'm driving my Honda Fit for economy and to haul some stuff. I'm curious to know if anyone has recommendations of better routes to take at that time of year. I've done it before in the summer, and taken 80 across, with some deviation for fun roads and sites. I imagine the southernmost route would be best, but being a California boy, I don't know much about "winter weather", other than harrowing drives over Donner pass to ski. Any (constructive) suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2019 23' International
La Habra , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
Yes, planning on coming to the F1 in Austin, but will leave the AS behind. My sister has a house in Austin I can use, so I will fly in for the weekend.
Thats cool! A fellow F-1 fan
You can PM me if you'd like Clemson. Dont want to hijack this thread.
I'm a big F1 fan and would like to know where I can stay near the track and what airport to fly into for the show. If you can provide any details, I'd appreciate any information. Thanks
subfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #167
2 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Rosendale , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globie64
Hey, a little off topic, but I thought you all might have a sense for this because you all seem to be generally in this part of the country: I'm driving from CA to RI in November and back again in early December. Sadly, not towing my Airstream, I'm driving my Honda Fit for economy and to haul some stuff. I'm curious to know if anyone has recommendations of better routes to take at that time of year. I've done it before in the summer, and taken 80 across, with some deviation for fun roads and sites. I imagine the southernmost route would be best, but being a California boy, I don't know much about "winter weather", other than harrowing drives over Donner pass to ski. Any (constructive) suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I have a fit also. my first recommendation is to avoid snow at all cost! The fit sucks in snow!! Unless you get snow tires and stay out of snow more then 4-5 inches. Other than that great car!
Jklep65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #168
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
Thanks Jk. I love the Fit, and it's been awesome here in the land of floods and mud slides and twisty roads. For the snow, it's our Ridgeline, I've never had the Fit in the white stuff.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #169
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Washington , D.C.
Is there anyway to make this thread a 'sticky' so it's always at the top of the list?

Just found it looking through old topics--would have posted here instead of making an intro post for myself if I'd seen it.

Cheers
Wild Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:28 AM   #170

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Robot View Post
Is there anyway to make this thread a 'sticky' so it's always at the top of the list?
Sure... Done.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #171

Olathe , Kansas
Thanks Kevin!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #172
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Washington , D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
Sure... Done.
Thanks.

HHmmnnn, that seemed to work great, let's try this again...

Is there anyway you can have a 2012 International CCD 25FB with solar panels delivered to my place sometime this winter? No rush and I'm flexible on interior colors.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #173

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Robot View Post

Thanks.

HHmmnnn, that seemed to work great, let's try this again...

Is there anyway you can have a 2012 International CCD 25FB with solar panels delivered to my place sometime this winter? No rush and I'm flexible on interior colors.
Glad to help. About the 2012... No luck, but I have a good deal on some ocean front property in Arizona I can offer.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #174
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Washington , D.C.
LOL...I understand and thanks for trying.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #175
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Houston , Texas
Howdy from Texas!

I picked up an Argosy last fall and I'm in the beginning phases of the project. Another FOD member suggested that I drop by and say hello. It's really wonderful to see others who enjoy the outdoors and are friends of dorothy.

First pic is the camper and tow vehicle on the day I picked up the Argosy (Halloween 2012).

Second pic is me sitting in the doorway of the camper. I don't think I was working on the camper that day. I was actually welding something else and the camper was a convenient place to sit in the shop (garage).

Tow vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7. I think it's a 2008... that detail is fuzzy right this second.

Current objective is to get the trailer road-worthy. Axles are out and new ones are on order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-01 18.10.00.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	179016   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-03 09.39.34.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	179017  

Hotpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #176

Olathe , Kansas
Welcome! It looks like you have a project and we love pictures so keep us posted on your progress. Maybe you will be finished in time for our FOD rally in June? Once again welcome and we hope to meet you down the road.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #177
https://airstreamorama.com

2013 27' FB International
Palm Springs , California
Intro

Hi All,

I've done one introduction in the new members thread but not in the FOD thread so here goes...

Recent member of Air Forums but I've been reading the threads for quite some time.

Currently Airstream-less American guy living overseas in Australia with plans to return to the US later this year, get an AS and go full time!

Looking forward to getting to a FOD rally eventually and meeting some of you along the way.

Cheers,

John

Uhh...not very tech savvy...how do I load a photo into my message? Just switched to Mac as well...this may take awhile ;-)
Ljsydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #178

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Hotpuppy: Welcome! As I've said elsewhere, it's always nice to see an Argosy rescued from rotting into obscurity.

Ljsydney: Welcome to you as well. If your photo is on a photo-sharing site like photobucket or dropbox, just get the "direct link" URL and click the button that looks like a yellow sky with triangular mountains and put the link there, then you can share photos that are any size. The other option is to click the "go advanced" button below where you're typing, and that will pop up a bunch more buttons above where you're typing. One of those is a paperclip, which you can use to upload a photo from your computer, but there are limits on the size of individual files, and a limit on the total volume of photos you can post if you're not a "supporting member."

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #179

Thanks DKB...lets see if this works from my phone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-520597861.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	179033  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #180

Yup...all I need is an Airstream to go with that drink!