Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #221
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
DKB SATX
We're planning to do pork "tinga" (like cochinita pibil without the banana leaves) that one can eat in a taco or just as a meat dish.

Lcurrie
Chances are we'll bring something green, veggie-ish, and hopefully yummy. Or better yet, maybe I'll do a Dutch oven cobbler.

Blmitch5
A vegetarian dish. Maybe grilled Portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled onion. It's better than it sounds! and a large caprese salad with a balsamic sauce. Also a birthday cake and a pie.

BriBoy
Marky loves my Honey Walnut Shrimp... You'll never want to eat at Panda Express again

Just cut and paste the menu and add what you want to bring.[/QUOTE]
briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #222

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I've got your welcome packets done! Zell said "your so gay" but I took it as a compliment. We have a lot to do this weekend to get ready but were getting excited to meet everyone and I'm hoping you all enjoy Eureka as much as we do. Time to start getting my lists in order.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #223
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
DKB SATX
We're planning to do pork "tinga" (like cochinita pibil without the banana leaves) that one can eat in a taco or just as a meat dish.

Lcurrie
Chances are we'll bring something green, veggie-ish, and hopefully yummy. Or better yet, maybe I'll do a Dutch oven cobbler.

Blmitch5
A vegetarian dish. Maybe grilled Portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled onion. It's better than it sounds! and a large caprese salad with a balsamic sauce. Also a birthday cake and a pie.

BriBoy
Marky loves my Honey Walnut Shrimp... You'll never want to eat at Panda Express again

Frank&Mike
Friday Night - Chalupas (meat and vegetarian)
Saturday Night - Strawberry cake

Just cut and paste the menu and add what you want to bring.[/QUOTE]
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #224
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
There's a Secret - I'm Telling It

Hey FOD Rally participants. There is someone that's attending the upcoming rally that has a Birthday this week. Do you think he was trying to keep it a secret? His initials are BM. Hmmmm, what's up with that? Keeping a secret from all of us????
Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #225

Olathe , Kansas
For obvious reasons I hate my initials! It's BLM Bradley Lance Mitchell. So now the secrets out I'm turning 39 + 3 and your being demoted back to Queen of the trailer park! I'm making a cake or Zell will buy me one (he doesn't bake). There will be no candles due to the fire hazard.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #226
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
You dislike your initials? How would you like to have my initials ---- MRS. Uggg, that makes the "Queen" commemoration a little more crowning, huh?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #227
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia

Lcurrie

Blmitch5

BriBoy

Frank&Mike

Myrtle Lynn
As of now we will do a cold whole wheat pasta salad with celery, tomatoes, onions, and a few other things mixed in there. Vegetarian style. And I will have baked beans. Keeping it yummy and simple.
Dan

Just cut and paste the menu and add what you want to bring.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Old 07-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #228

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike
You dislike your initials? How would you like to have my initials ---- MRS. Uggg, that makes the "Queen" commemoration a little more crowning, huh?
You shouldn't have told me that! MRS where did I put that crown??
Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #229
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas

Lcurrie

Blmitch5

BriBoy

Frank&Mike

Myrtle Lynn
As of now we will do a cold whole wheat pasta salad with celery, tomatoes, onions, and a few other things mixed in there. Vegetarian style. And I will have baked beans. Keeping it yummy and simple.
Dan

Triplenet
We'll bring baby back ribs from the smoker, potato casserole and oriental slaw for Sat evening. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!
triplenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #230
2 Rivet Member

New Smyrna Beach , Florida
This looks like so much fun, wish we could be there.

Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #231

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen View Post
This looks like so much fun, wish we could be there.
It's only 60 miles farther than we're going, c'mon! We'd love to have you join us.

Honestly, I understand. I think the only reason we're making this one is that I decided early that I'd go in any case (because of my aluminitis) and it just so happened that one of the months my partner can take PTO is August. We lucked out, in other words.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #232

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
The Open House thing

So, we're having an open house on Saturday morning. I REALLY like that it starts late enough for me to have some coffee first, but we're rally virgins so I don't know how this goes down.

Do we trade off? One of us tours other trailers and the other hosts at ours for half the time and we trade off to tour other trailers? We just leave the door open and hope everyone realizes the scary curtains came with the trailer and we haven't gotten around to making new ones? How does this work?!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #233

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX
So, we're having an open house on Saturday morning. I REALLY like that it starts late enough for me to have some coffee first, but we're rally virgins so I don't know how this goes down.

Do we trade off? One of us tours other trailers and the other hosts at ours for half the time and we trade off to tour other trailers? We just leave the door open and hope everyone realizes the scary curtains came with the trailer and we haven't gotten around to making new ones? How does this work?!
Kinda trade off. That way you can defend your curtains! its always fun to see how everyone decorates or put their personal touches on their trailer.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #234
2 Rivet Member

New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
It's only 60 miles farther than we're going, c'mon! We'd love to have you join us.

Honestly, I understand. I think the only reason we're making this one is that I decided early that I'd go in any case (because of my aluminitis) and it just so happened that one of the months my partner can take PTO is August. We lucked out, in other words.
We're already off on two small vacations in August... and we did ten days in Key West in June, my leave bank is about to go into negative numbers!

Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #235
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
2011 30' International
mooresburg , Tennessee

Lcurrie

Blmitch5
A vegetarian dish. Maybe grilled Portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled onion. It's better than it sounds! and a large caprese salad with a balsamic sauce.

BriBoy

Frank&Mike

Myrtle Lynn
Dan

Triplenet
We'll bring baby back ribs from the smoker, potato casserole and oriental slaw for Sat evening. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

gtc6452
Fresh roasted corn and tomato salad and ?
gtc6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #236

Olathe , Kansas
Ok, we got the gift/welcome bags done! Make sure to stop by site 63 (right next to the rec hall) after you check in. Pack lite it's going to be a hot one!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #237
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
I've finalized what I'm bringing for the potluck so I've updated the menu. I think it's safe to say that nobody will go hungry.

---

Lcurrie
Tomato-Bread Salad
Homemade Strawberry Ice-Cream
I'll have something for the Friday p.m. potluck as well but I haven't decide what yet.

Blmitch5
A vegetarian dish. Maybe grilled Portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled onion. It's better than it sounds! and a large caprese salad with a balsamic sauce.

BriBoy

Frank&Mike

Myrtle Lynn
Dan

Triplenet

gtc6452
Fresh roasted corn and tomato salad and ?
---
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #238

Olathe , Kansas
We better bring our "fat pants or shorts" because were going to be full!!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #239
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
2011 30' International
mooresburg , Tennessee
we will also have grilled beef.
gtc6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #240
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
I've been following the event at Eureka Springs, it will be the weekend soon and everyone meets. Although we had to cancel, Charles will be mobil again in about 3 weeks so it won't be long before we're on the road again. We are looking forward to the next event!

Have fun and can't wait to see pictures, John
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eureka springs ar, fod, rally