Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Friends of Dorothy
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #121

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Dogs and Airstreams...

Well, I think we'll only bring one dog to Eureka Springs. The smaller, older dog (Chloe, the Smooth Fox Terrier) did great, happy to curl up next to one of us at the dinette when we were indoors, and mostly just wanting to go back inside when we were out (pretty much her normal behavior.)

"My" dog, the bull terrier in my avatar picture, was not such a happy camper. She eventually slept last night, but she didn't really relax until we were in the truck on the way home. I think she'll eventually "get it" with a few more trips, but I don't want to have to deal with her difficulty when we're on a social trip. We'll probably get her a sitter for that weekend. The funny part of it is, I had to get a SuperCrew because the Supercab I'd planned to buy wasn't quite big enough for her travel crate!

Still, all in all it was a successful outing and I'm looking forward to the trip to Eureka Springs in a month. With David F's schedule and this awful heat, I'm not sure we'll make a trip between now and then.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #122

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
We have two Labs and only take them on short trips. Tanner is a bit of a pain but Chelsea's easy. They both camp well but Tanner has separation anxiety! I'm camping with my Mother over the 4th weekend and will see how he does when were out to dinner etc. For Eureka we will have a house sitter take care of them. I can't believe it's only a month away! Oh, and I'll be a year older! Darn it!! I'm glad you had a great first trip!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #123
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Due to an accident, Charles fell and broke both heels. His convalesce will cover most of the summer so we will not attend the FOD rally in Eureka Springs. We were looking forward to being there but I know there will be a future opportunity for us. John
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
We are sorry to hear about Charles' accident. It would have been fun to see and camp with you guys again ... but I'm sure that taking care of himself is a more important priority. Take care.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #125

Olathe , Kansas
I'm sorry about Charles! I hope he is doing ok, you will both be missed and we will raise a glass (or two ) to you both.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #126
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
We finally made a reservation. Now hope the schedule allows us to join you folks. We're #11, per the campground.
triplenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #127

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenet
We finally made a reservation. Now hope the schedule allows us to join you folks. We're #11, per the campground.
Did you tell them you were with the Airstream or FOD group? We blocked off 63-73 and get a you discount if 8 or more show up. We are at 10 including you, it's also further from the main road and has more trees etc. I looking forward to meeting our local friends.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #128
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
We're in with the group, and got the discount. This will be our first AS event.
Bob
triplenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #129
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
We might be 12.

My friends confirmed this weekend that they did book a spot at the campground.

Lynn
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #130

Olathe , Kansas
Great! Were getting a nice group together! I'm having trouble getting raffle prizes so I'm bringing some small gifts for everyone. Only 4 weeks away!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
I'll bring a little somethin' somethin' to give away as well.
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #132
1 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Silver Spring , Maryland
Ok a little help needed

Hello All,

Myself and greenovaters are signed up. I believe we are on lot 82. This is our first real trip and our first FOD trip. We have been on a small local Airstream trip. It turned out ok but it was a learning experience. Can you please make some suggestions on what is proper to bring? Are we suppose to bring gifts? If so what gifts are appropriate? Can someone help with this. WHen are people generally arriving and will anyone be coming from the DC area?

Thanks
GC
cowboycooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #133

Olathe , Kansas
Welcome GC! I can't wait to see the MH! We will have 2 there I think. As far as what to bring, were having a pot luck dinner Saturday and you do not have to bring gifts. I'm bringing small gifts for everyone since I'm hosting the rally and they are small. This rally might be a bit more relaxed since Eureka is having there Diversity weekend and there will be a lot going on in the DT area. Be sure to check out the links on the sign up page. Were coming in Thursday night and a few others are as well. When are you coming in? There is a lot to do in the area so you should enjoy the trip.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #134

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5
Menu for Saturday night 08/06/11

DKB SATX
We're planning to do pork "tinga" (like cochinita pibil without the banana leaves) that one can eat in a taco or just as a meat dish.

Lcurrie
Chances are we'll bring something green, veggie-ish, and hopefully yummy. Or better yet, maybe I'll do a Dutch oven cobbler.

Blmitch5
A vegetarian dish. Maybe grilled Portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, red, yellow, orange peppers and grilled onion. It's better than it sounds! and a large caprese salad with a balsamic sauce. Also a birthday cake and a pie.

Just cut and paste the menu and add what you want to bring.
Just bumping it up for everyone.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #135
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
We're aiming to get in on Thursday p.m. but are playing the drive a little by ear. If it gets dark before we arrive, we'll probably stop somewhere.

Lynn
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #136

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurrie
We're aiming to get in on Thursday p.m. but are playing the drive a little by ear. If it gets dark before we arrive, we'll probably stop somewhere.

Lynn
The roads are easy but there is not a straight road around Eureka! lots of curves but still easy to manage. I like Frank and Mikes idea of feeding the ones coming in on Friday. A welcome pot luck.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #137
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Friday Night

We are confirmed for Thursday arrival around noon. And we're looking forward to planning and preparing something for the late arrivals on Friday to eat. I'm promising no chili sloppy joes. LOL. We will try to make it a little more creative and tastier. If we have a fairly good headcount for Friday night then it will help us know how much and what to prepare.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #138

Olathe , Kansas
Zell was looking forward to the sloppy joes!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #139

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
We've reserved Thursday night with Wanderlust. Unless something blows up with my work, we'll be there late Thursday afternoon. I'm planning to bring the Argosy to the house midday Wednesday to get the refrigerator started cooling down and Wednesday evening when it drops below 95F we'll load up, and leave after breakfast (and rush hour) Thursday. David F has that week off so he'll start the load-out while I'm wrapping up my Wednesday of work at the computer (we're both David, I'm David B. It's not as confusing as it sounds. ) It looks like it's about an 8-hour run from here with some time for lunch, rest and refueling.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #140
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
DKB_SATX - sounds like you're going to spend your couple of days prior to departure doing the same tasks I'm going to be doing. But it makes it much easier than loading up and heading out all in the same day, right?

On our way home from Garner State Park yesterday we stopped at Discount Tire in San Antonio and had new tires put on the Airstream and on the truck. Feel much safer now knowing we have new tires ... but it sure was a painful shopping experience ... $2400.

Tags
eureka springs ar, fod, rally