Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2021, 10:21 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
Just so we’re clear RMNummi, the lack of nearby humans (middle of nowhere) does not necessarily relate to lack of nearby cell towers.

If fact, for the most part, we have been in or near rural populated areas our entire time here in the Colorado Rockies. I have cell phones from 2 different carriers and if you are on the other side of the mountain from your carriers tower, it won’t matter how much money you spend on a system. If your antenna can’t see your carriers tower, you won’t get a signal good enough to download or even get a phone call over cellular.

The cellular coverage is so inconsistent here that I have purchased a couple of GMRS two way radios so we can communicate with each other when working in areas where neither carrier has service.

I will state that the recently purchased directional antenna for my WeBoost increased my download speed at my last location near Cripple Creek, Colorado from 1.71 Mbps to 2.36 Mbps and my iPhones rsrp improved from -106 to -88.

At my current location near Fairplay, Colorado (population 787) there are 16 cell towers (9 are Verizon) within 3.5 miles. Unfortunately the AT&T tower is the furthest away and on the other side of the mountain.

I have learned this much…..If I ever invest in a similar system to yours, I will definitely purchase a 2 carrier system.
twbucksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:21 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Malibu , California
There have been so many threads this week about this, I wish we could all work together on a guide on improvement options for our Airstreams. Here is our guide for the Pepwave/Poynting setup mentioned many times:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45...on-218318.html
CMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:41 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FYI this ATT Nighthawk thread has some good info . . . we are very happy with ours.

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45...-a-222129.html

Peter

FYI
FWIW
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 01:44 PM   #24
Cheshta

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Kapaau , Hawaii
WeBoost Drive Reach RV worked great for me in AZ,NV and UT

As mentioned by others, I mounted my WeBoost Drive Reach RV to a aluminum telescopic painter pole and connected through the external TC cable outlet. Worked straight out of the box, it brought in distant or weak signals. Able to do work zoom meetings and stream Netflix without issue.
Recently sold my Airstream and now have my unit for sale. Planning to put it in the classifieds for Parts and Appliances
Kevin Buckley
cheshta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:14 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
@chestha Is the aluminum painters pole you use hollow so you can run the cable inside it?
twbucksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 01:47 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2018 19' Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Do I Need a Cell Phone Booster if I Have a Pepwave?

I'm not sure if this has been covered in another post somewhere, but this is the closest thread I've found. If you know of a discussion of this topic, then I'd be happy to be pointed to it.

I am trying to decide which would be better for cell phone / internet usage. I currently have a WeBoost for cell phone use and a verizon MiFi for wireless. Both are marginally okay. I am thinking of getting a Pepwave Max BR -1 Mini to replace my Verizon JetPack. If I did that would I need the WeBoost? Would the Pepwave signal allow me to do Wireless calling? Is there a disadvantage to having them both? Would one interfere with the other?
tjwoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 12:44 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwoods1 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been covered in another post somewhere, but this is the closest thread I've found. If you know of a discussion of this topic, then I'd be happy to be pointed to it.

I am trying to decide which would be better for cell phone / internet usage. I currently have a WeBoost for cell phone use and a verizon MiFi for wireless. Both are marginally okay. I am thinking of getting a Pepwave Max BR -1 Mini to replace my Verizon JetPack. If I did that would I need the WeBoost? Would the Pepwave signal allow me to do Wireless calling? Is there a disadvantage to having them both? Would one interfere with the other?

Have ‘em both. You may want to reconsider though. Starlink is now mobile… (well kinda). They are by FCC Reg “fixed” sites. Latest software (due primarily to Ukraine) untethered them. See YouTube’s and Forums. 109 a month gets you ridiculous up down speeds. FYI, I had the LTEA Pepwave Max transit Cat 18. I also had a Pepwave Max Transit Duo w 2 Cat 12 modems. The latter blew away the former. It also depends on your external antenna.. make sure you buy the one that matches your router…

Like I said though, the Starlink connection makes this discussion moot. You will shortly find all the WeBoosts and Pepwaves on CraigsList etc.
TV #1 2017 Mercedes AMG GL63
TV #2 2017 Lexus LX570
TV #3 2020 Mercedes GLE580
TV #4 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
RMNummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:41 PM   #28

2020 25' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
I have a WeBoost and it works well if you can access a signal. I used it in Flaming Gorge, Utah last Summer and it boosted one bar to three bars.
Since we are full timers and I work on the road, I purchased the StarLink system which allows me to use Voice Over Internet Phone.
I'd like to sell my WeBoost.
SpeedBump is offline   Reply With Quote