Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #1

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Woodstock , New York
Red face Water heater bypass valve +?

I have recently acquired a 2015 27' Flying Cloud FB and did an emergency winterization (my first) and I now have several questions:
1) I found the hot water heater yellow bypass valve and closed it. But there is a lower line with a valve too (it has been closed) and I have only used 'city water' and everything seemed fine. Does anyone know what this 2nd line and valve is? Should it stay closed?
2) I have not been able to locate the valve for emptying water that is supposed to be located under the camper somewhere on the box underneath..I see the white plastic drain but cannot see the drain valve. Could it be inside the cabin?
3) I borrowed a compressor to blow out the line and it blew out water from the water heater but didn't seem to blow anything through the various faucets, etc. Could that closed lower valve (which I do not know what it controls) on the water heater be the problem?
4) I added antifreeze to the fresh water tank and pumped it successfully through the faucets, shower and toilet...am I really safe at this point??
Cloud Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Here’s a link to the manual for your Airstream. The winterizing process is found in the maintenance section.

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...manual-147.pdf

I don’t know the details of your specific trailer, but the white petcock that you found underneath your trailer is likely the fresh water tank drain. The low point drain valves may be inside the trailer and they may be underneath it. In my case, there are two valves with red handles underneath the trailer, and two additional low point drain valves that are accessed from the inside, behind a panel. Each model is different.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Many trailers have a third low point drain valve near the water heater. That is probably what that 2nd line and valve is.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote