RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-21-2017, 06:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Danville , Indiana
Hot Water Heater Bypass Valve Access

I have a 2013 FC 25 FB with single beds. The water heater bypass valve appears to be accessed through a small opening in the curbside bed deck under the mattress. I can see the valve, but the small opening and the intervening plumbing make it impossible to reach. My thin-handed daughter can just reach it but cannot get enough purchase to turn the valve.

The user's manual says valve access is through the curbside exterior storage compartment, but that isn't right.

Am I missing something? Short of pulling off the entire bed deck how do you reach the bypass valve? Any help is appreciated.
Don

(I posted this question in the winterizing section without luck. I apologize for double posting here but figured I would get a better response.)
donreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
JandD

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Weaverville , California
I have a 2014 flying cloud front bedroom with singles. The water heater bypass valve has a similar access as yours but it is on the street side. The bypass valve is very difficult to reach. Most of the time I can move it with my hand. One time it was stuck and I had to use long handled T handle water shut off wrench. This valve is an important part of winterizing. The valve accessible through the storage compartment is actually a drain valve.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #3
JandD

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Weaverville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandD View Post
I have a 2014 flying cloud front bedroom with singles. The water heater bypass valve has a similar access as yours but it is on the street side. The bypass valve is very difficult to reach. Most of the time I can move it with my hand. One time it was stuck and I had to use long handled T handle water shut off wrench. This valve is an important part of winterizing. The valve accessible through the storage compartment is actually a drain valve.

Correction my bypass valve is also on the curbside.