Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2010 23' Flying Cloud
High point , North Carolina
Featured Ad???

We have listed our 2010 Flying Cloud 23FB for sale in the Airstream Classifieds. I'm interested in how to modify the listing as a "featured" ad. Can't seem to find any info on how much it costs or how to change my original listing to featured. Any one familiar with the process?
Gmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #2

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Conyers , Georgia
I am having difficulties too. Cannot even figure out how to post a classified ad! When I click "add a new listing," am asked to log in. My log in not being accepted. Do you know what I might be doing wrong? Kay
jcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:45 AM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Your login to the classifieds is the same as your login to AIRForums, and you have to login to each site because they live on different servers.

If you have login problems and you're CERTAIN you're using the right username and password, you can contact the helpdesk at the "Contact Us" link that's at the bottom of every page.

A Featured classified ad costs $100. The ad then shows up higher in search results than non-featured ads. If you already have an active ad, you'll have to create a new Featured ad and notify me or another moderator (e.g. you can send an email to classifieds@airforums.com or you can PM one of us) and we'll take down the older ad. In general we don't allow you to create a new ad when you have an existing one but if you want to convert the ad to Featured we'll help you out.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Featured ad

How do you contact Airstream classifieds? I tried the email address, above, but it was undeliverable. They rearranged my order of photos and turned one 90 degrees. Also they have not put my trailer on their Facebook page. I have paid for the featured ad.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Does AirForums put ads from here on FB?

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique Pedaler View Post
How do you contact Airstream classifieds? I tried the email address, above, but it was undeliverable. They rearranged my order of photos and turned one 90 degrees. Also they have not put my trailer on their Facebook page. I have paid for the featured ad.
I have never heard of Air forums running ads from the classifieds on their Facebook page, nor can I find any ads from Air classifieds on their Facebook page.

Can you provide a link to the part that offers that? I can't find it anywhere on the Classifieds site.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
I have never heard of Air forums running ads from the classifieds on their Facebook page, nor can I find any ads from Air classifieds on their Facebook page.

Can you provide a link to the part that offers that? I can't find it anywhere on the Classifieds site.
It is the Airstream Classified Facebook page, not air forums.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #8

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
The email address for the classifieds is classifieds@airforums.com

We don't reorder or reorient photos, though I do confess the ordering of photos can be a fiddly thing, especially with 2 different uploaders available.

The issue with the orientation of photos is almost always an iThing problem... the photos were taken with an iPhone or iPad. iThings use a part of the EXIF standard that the Apache web server does not, the rotation metadata. Apache simply displays the photo as the file is oriented, Apple includes an extra instruction that says "rotate the file X degrees" that gets ignored. Generally if you resize the photo on your computer (even if you don't change the size much at all) the photos that upload will be displayed in the orientation you expect.

Ads should get uploaded to the facebook and twitter mirrored lists after a day or so. It's an automated process.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 06-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #9

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post

https://www.facebook.com/airstreamclassifieds/

Also

https://twitter.com/Airstream4Sale

Old 06-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #10

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
It is the Airstream Classified Facebook page, not air forums.

I don't see an easy way to provide a direct link to the facebook post for your ad, but attached is a screen-capture of it.

Here's the Twitter promotion of your ad:

https://twitter.com/Airstream4Sale/s...18762557755395
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fb_ad.png
Views:	56
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	314714