Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Rancho Cordova , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by greghoro View Post
Caption on second photo indicates you drilled a hole in the roof to feed the cable inside. Just above an interior LED ceiling light.

What did you do to seal the roof area where it went through?

How did you feed the wire inside the trailer? Between the inner and outer skins?

Greg
Greg,
I have attached photos, hope that answers your questions.
The only picture I don't have of the install is how I routed the interior coax cable. I drilled a small hole straight down out of the cabinet, (way outboard against the interior wall), and used tie mounts and tie wraps to follow around the window frame to the dinning room table. The curtains cover everything so it isn't as bad as it sounds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside 0.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	296069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside 1.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	296070  

Name:	inside 2.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	296071   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside 3.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	296072  

Name:	inside 4.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	296073   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside 5.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	296074  

J-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #22
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Where did ya find the adapter to use a regular RF cable with the weboost? I need one so I can use my satellite input with the antenna. Thank you.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinMan View Post
Where did ya find the adapter to use a regular RF cable with the weboost? I need one so I can use my satellite input with the antenna. Thank you.
TravlinMan,
All the parts required for the installation were included in the kit (Drive 4G-X RV).

The external coax cable (what I would call the regular type), did not require an adapter at either end, the antenna or the booster.

The internal coax was significantly smaller than the external one and it did have an adapter in the kit to attach it to the inside antenna which was an even smaller coaxial cable.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #24
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog View Post
TravlinMan,
All the parts required for the installation were included in the kit (Drive 4G-X RV).

The external coax cable (what I would call the regular type), did not require an adapter at either end, the antenna or the booster.

The internal coax was significantly smaller than the external one and it did have an adapter in the kit to attach it to the inside antenna which was an even smaller coaxial cable.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question.
No problem, J-Dog, I appreciate the info. My unit is a drive 4gx (not RV) cause I bought it for the truck and the connection is a smaller rf connector called RG58U as opposed to the normal ones that I think are RG6......
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:10 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
1978 31' Sovereign
Akron , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog View Post
Completed our non standard WeBoost exterior antenna install yesterday. Not sure how well it will hold up when on the road; the TV antenna is not very robust so I will be keeping on eye out for any failures.

Why I did what I did was to be able to mount the antenna high enough so there would be no signal obstructions from our trailer. I had contemplated fabricating something completely different, then I thought that utilizing the existing TV antenna might work. Time will tell if the wind and towing will destroy the antenna assembly. I'll update this thread if things go bad so that nobody else will get the idea to perform this installation.

So far I like it, the cell phone booster is working fine.

Hi J Dog - I'm thinking of copying your setup for the Weboost antenna mount on the winguard mast. It's been a couple years since this post, any update on how your mount is holding up?

thanks
dwhitake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:11 PM   #26
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinMan View Post

I think this is what you are looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VF47XT/

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhitake View Post
Hi J Dog - I'm thinking of copying your setup for the Weboost antenna mount on the winguard mast. It's been a couple years since this post, any update on how your mount is holding up?

thanks
I have had to replace the zip ties and zip mounts as the sun had degraded them. The long term fix might be using clamps and rivets or screws. I am planning on just replacing the zip ties as required.
The system overall works well.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:36 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
1978 31' Sovereign
Akron , Indiana
Thanks for the response. Glad to hear it's doing well
dwhitake is offline   Reply With Quote