Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2016, 08:04 AM   #1181
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Steve. If you could still check [when convenient] that L/R dimension for the outside edge of the screen spline at the galley sink window, that would be helpful. It may be that existing parts will work to allow this window to be operable from inside (with only the left operator). Obviously any full replacement of windows, and related metal work, will run into some big bucks.

Thanks again!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #1182
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Will do Peter.....sorry I haven't got to that yet I hope to have some bonding/cleaning time with the Airstream this Sunday
Old 08-09-2016, 06:24 PM   #1183
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks Steve. If you could still check [when convenient] that L/R dimension for the outside edge of the screen spline at the galley sink window, that would be helpful. It may be that existing parts will work to allow this window to be operable from inside (with only the left operator). Obviously any full replacement of windows, and related metal work, will run into some big bucks.

Thanks again!

Peter

This would definitely be a mod I would do. Retire the wooden spoon!
Old 08-10-2016, 05:54 AM   #1184
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Guess what? I will be camping this weekend and will have some downtime. I definitely will get the window measured and report back. Thanks for keeping after me on this. It's been a crazy summer and time to slow down and get things off of the "to do" list.

Watch for my report
Old 08-10-2016, 06:43 AM   #1185
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Steve no rush. Did they get your radio squared away? And the pup?

Old 08-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #1186
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
The radio is squared away. The old one was toast. They ended up taking one out of a brand new unit on the lot and Airstream is replacing it for them. We were running out of time for me to get back on the road home and the dealer and Airstream were awesome with solving the problem.

The pup is home with me. His name is Hector. He is a terror....attacks everything, wreaks havoc and then collapses into long naps. He is the perfect addition to my home. He gets car sick but, from what I have read, they can grow out of that phase. He comes to work with me so I don't have to leave him alone at home.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #1187
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Glad Hector is working out!

What brand is the radio and is it more user-friendly than Bob and I have found our Pioneer and Sony units to be? How about the "disco light show" -- have you avoided a repeat of this fiasco, and does turning the radio off eliminate all parasitic electric drains, or do you still have to remove the face plate to tame the beast?

How about the programming and set-up, especially for cell and Bluetooth use? Hope they are easier in the new models.

You probably have not checked all this out, but when you do please advise!

Thanks,

Peter
Old 08-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #1188
Rivet Master

2019 23' International
La Habra , California
And does your new radio play CDs?
Old 08-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #1189
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
It's a Clarion stereo system. No disco show but the original one died so fast I didn't have a chance to see one. I will watch for a drain on the electrical system and remove the face plate if there are any challenges. It does play cd's. It has great sound and the new one keeps working so far.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #1190
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
.....and here is a picture of the monster
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hector.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	268776  
Old 08-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #1191
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Awwww . . .

All is right in the world!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #1192
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
The radio is squared away. The old one was toast. They ended up taking one out of a brand new unit on the lot and Airstream is replacing it for them. We were running out of time for me to get back on the road home and the dealer and Airstream were awesome with solving the problem.

The pup is home with me. His name is Hector. He is a terror....attacks everything, wreaks havoc and then collapses into long naps. He is the perfect addition to my home. He gets car sick but, from what I have read, they can grow out of that phase. He comes to work with me so I don't have to leave him alone at home.

Steve, congrats on the new tunes machine. No light show is an improvement. CD’s make it way cool and probably worth the $’s for the swap.

Glad you have Hector home…car sick, no surprise. Bailey was too, but she grew out of it after a year +. When we lived at the coast in CA my wife always got car sick and she tried these Reeds ginger candies and they really helped. Seems to work for Bailey too…maybe Hector too. In fact we just bought some similar at Trader Joes for my wife for our upcoming trip.

Remember Hector a puppy. When Myrna completed the app for our recent adoption of Rooney (sitting on the arm rest), she said…”I miss that small dog/puppy energy” Well she got it and I’m sure Springers also have an elevated level of energy. Enjoy your time together!

Bob
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8629 (Large).JPG
Views:	110
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	268791  
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #1193
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FWIW just noticed this FC20 for sale, and added a note about the age of our tires (3 plus years from date of mfg.) which I found this morning. They say at 3 years, the tires have lost 30% of their strength, so the Sendel and Michelin upgrades are looking more likely soon.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f534...as-155091.html

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Going fast!

Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #1194
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Going fast!...

ya say.

Working towards MO in the fall for a month (round trip) and researching MO/AR/CO...new roof on the homestead and it's been in the 90's, the garden's kicking in and so is the water bill. Holy Moly.

This weekend a friend from Napa was in town to select his new pup and my wife says...how about the Zin Festival in Paso Robles, then on to spring training (go Giants)...and he comments (since he just bought a new tundra and a camper)...how about Alaska...you two in with your airstream?...uhhh...2017???

...and I need to get larger tires and new smaller rims on the TV first...[...so the Sendel and Michelin upgrades are looking more likely soon] then come the 16's/sendels before Alaska for sure.

Whew...time for some BLT's...Beeler's Bacon and fresh off the vine tomatoes.

I hope you all are getting some stream time.

bob
Old 08-18-2016, 04:15 AM   #1195
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
You're killin' us with the BLTs and fresh tomatoes! Plus good quality mayo, fresh ground black pepper, cheese, and onion -- on a toasted hard roll.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #1196
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Yumm for sure. We love tomatoes and keep a bowl of sweet 100's Cherry tomatoes on the table for munchies. The Early Girls have replaced the apples...It's tomato acid overload time! Thetomato cucumber onion salad works too. We're fortunate that we have a lot of excess and the Sr. Dining room is smiling!

We firmed up plans fpr March '17 with a group of mainly high school friends at the Paso Wine festival. My wife grew up there and my dad's side is centered in the Santa Maria/SLO area so it's always fund to go back....zin tasting all the better!

I'm chomping at the bit wanting to get Blue on the road but a roof project and the garden are keeping us close to home. A month long trip to MO is set and the house sitter confirmed.

I need to go to storage to pull the batteries and bring them home. It's been pushing 100 lately and I'm sure the need a drink as well as a charge....not to mention a few chores.

I bought a rev-a-lock drawer lock for the P&P drawer. I was at the hardware vendor looking at a cabinet lock and I noticed the demo on the counter. I had shied away from this approach as I didn't understand the operation and was afraid of it locking and being unable to open it. Interesting it uses magnitism to unlock it and reverse polarity to keep it latched...or the little tab out. I'll post pics next week.

HEADS UP: I also started to move my tanks back about an inch and when removing one self-tapping screws to move the tank holder, it came came off. It appears they over torqued it and snapped it off as both the nut and screw end were rusted...with the paint holding in in place. The other three were fine but the tank tray (and so the tanks) weren't as secure as I thought.

Bob
Old 08-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #1197
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Tanks Bob!

I gas you are talking about the propane tanks? Why are you moving them? This is a new one on me. Will check ours for security. Tanks again.

Looking forward to your drawer latch feedback. Likin' the bungee cord solution here . . .

Peter
Old 08-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #1198
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Has anyone purchased a mattress topper for the dinette bed? Curious for your solution, as our temporary doubled-up furniture moving pad does not work all that well. Not sure if the following 3" folding memory foam topper is sized right for our FC20 dinette:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516...ed-155475.html

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- Edit -- See Post #115 by jpons here, who was referring to the main bed, but if it can be re-sized no prob for the dinette I assume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpons View Post
I got a queen topper from Walmart and cut it to size. Very easy to do.

-J
Old 08-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #1199
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Subwoofer and Inverter

I had to remove the mattress after some rain water sneaked in the skylight, so I checked out the subwoofer and inverter, in the two front corners under the bed, outboard of the central storage "basement" accessible through the door by the closet and dinette.

The inverter is on the street side, and the subwoofer on the curb side, as pictured below. I did not check whether the subwoofer receives 12-volt power when the Use/Store switch is in the Store position, but will do so before the mattress goes back.

The first shot is looking down through the opening in the bed platform, with the power and sound feeds visible between the back of the speaker and the curved interior wall skin.

The second shot is taken from inside the "basement" [hand-held phone location] looking at the left end of the speaker in the shot above. The photo is rotated so that the writing is right-side-up, although this means the floor is on the right edge. There are two audio feeds in, for different frequency levels I assume [or L/R?], and two knobs to rotate, but I did not bother trying to see their labels. I rotated each clockwise to what I assume is the Max setting.

Will check 12-volt input later with Use/Store switch in Store position. I assume that white connector is the power, and that the power could be interrupted here, with an on/off switch run to the face of the "basement" cabinet near the closet [or even next to the Use/Store switch?].

FYI

Cheers,

Peter

PS -- In Post #9 in the following thread, idroba says that in his 2014 FC20 the subwoofer receives its power from the radio, which loses its 12-volt power when the Use/Store switch is at Store:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f514...ch-136810.html
Ditto Post #13 here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f449...hy-146548.html

I have not found any reference to the subwoofer in our owners manual, nor in the Pioneer radio pamphlet instruction book.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FC20 Sub Woofer A 20 AUG 2016.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	269683   Click image for larger version

Name:	FC20 Sub Woofer B 20 AUG 2016.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	269684  

Old 08-21-2016, 07:22 PM   #1200
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
Peter, it never rains in Autzen Stadium or Eugene, but is there any experience we all could benefit from re the skylight water intrusion?

I hope the mattress etc dries up and there is no damage. Thanks for the potential parasitic drain research and conf.

Bob