Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2011 - 2015 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Ladera Ranch , California
Hi Jay,

My husband and I haven't purchased our Airstream yet but we really like the 27FB International Signature Series. Since you've already owned one, we're curious as to why you upgraded from a 27FB to a 30' Serenity?

Kindly,
Wendy
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Hi Wendy,
We really liked the 27fb. We upgraded for two reasons. We wanted a full time dinning table for my computer and what not. Second, we have a large dog and we found the sink design became a bit of an obstacle when we are all in the trailer. The 30 footer solved both problems.................very happy with it. Even without the big dog I still prefer the 30 footer for more storage, larger bathroom and larger galley.
Also, we found having one a/c unit in the 27 footer just didn't quite cool it down on a hot day. We now have two a/c units and its a pleasure!

The 30 footer has fit in all all the campgrounds spaces that we need it to...........there is no difference in towing performance.

Jay
Jay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay53
Hi Wendy,
We really liked the 27fb. We upgraded for two reasons. We wanted a full time dinning table for my computer and what not. Second, we have a large dog and we found the sink design became a bit of an obstacle when we are all in the trailer. The 30 footer solved both problems.................very happy with it. Even without the big dog I still prefer the 30 footer for more storage, larger bathroom and larger galley.
Also, we found having one a/c unit in the 27 footer just didn't quite cool it down on a hot day. We now have two a/c units and its a pleasure!

The 30 footer has fit in all all the campgrounds spaces that we need it to...........there is no difference in towing performance.

Jay
Jay, we are sold on the 30' also. But, I have one question for you. We are "thinking" about having a 30' Serenity custom built with the wrap windows in the bedroom which means we lose the wardrobes. In your opinion, is this a mistake? We were in Jackson Center yesterday for the tour and I spoke to one designer there and he said for us not to lose the wardrobes. Curious since you have owned both the 27' and 30' your thoughts? Thanks! Anna
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
It's really a personal preference. I wouldn't do it.........notwithstanding the cost of customization, the wardrobes give us that extra amount of hanger space beyond the center wardrobe. I use the lower compartment as a hamper . You will already have a full window in the living room which is where we spend most of our time. We rarely even open the bedroom window drapes............As a precaution you may want to check with your dealer as sometimes customization may affect the trade-in value. Bottom line: if you plan on spending more extended periods on the road, you will be glad for the extra storage..................good luck with you new rig!

Jay
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
My wife wanted to chime in...........we are not happy with the microwave placement in the 30 footer as opposed to the 27 FB. The towel rack below the burner interferes with opening the drawers. It's really a pain, and we may change that to have the microwave below the stove.........as in the 27 FB.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #66
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Ladera Ranch , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay53 View Post
Hi Wendy,

Jay
Hi Jay,
Thank you for responding to my question. I appreciate your feedback and have certainly given us something to think about...

Interesting that you should mention needing permanent space for your computer/office...we didn't think about that Thank you for making this point because we will also be needing computer/desk space. So, I'm curious, since you've been living with this setup for a while, which area in the 30' do you use for your computer/office and which do you use for dining? Also, did you upgrade to the recliners or did you keep the standard sofa option?

Thanks again for your input

Kindly,
Wendy
sierrafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Wendy, Sorry....computer virus had to rebuild from scratch. Standard sofa, I use my laptop on the dining table and move it when we eat..............
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #68

2012 23' FB International
Corvallis , Oregon
What is the diff in 2013 intl 27fb with 2 AC's vs 1 AC? One dealer is telling us 2 AC's is better - another is telling us that 1 AC at 30 amps is easier to secure camp sites with (vs the 50 amps) we are newbies and confused. Most of our camping will be in PAC. NW - but will be spending some time in Tucson visiting our daughter in college - any tips?
Nicholas S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
Our 'new' 2012 31' has the dual air. You can still use a 30amp site, with an adapter or different cord but just not both the A/C's at the same time.

Your thermostat should have two zones. You can only choose to operate one zone at a time if you choose.
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #70
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas S View Post
What is the diff in 2013 intl 27fb with 2 AC's vs 1 AC? One dealer is telling us 2 AC's is better - another is telling us that 1 AC at 30 amps is easier to secure camp sites with (vs the 50 amps) we are newbies and confused. Most of our camping will be in PAC. NW - but will be spending some time in Tucson visiting our daughter in college - any tips?
We have the 27' and do not need 2 AC's. That is over kill honestly. We have one AC unit and rarely need it. If you lived inTX in the summer than maybe. Don't be a slave to 50 amp. Good luck!
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #71

Corvallis , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by casarodante View Post
Our 'new' 2012 31' has the dual air. You can still use a 30amp site, with an adapter or different cord but just not both the A/C's at the same time.

Your thermostat should have two zones. You can only choose to operate one zone at a time if you choose.
Thank u so much for your feedback
Old 06-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #72

Corvallis , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Bird View Post
We have the 27' and do not need 2 AC's. That is over kill honestly. We have one AC unit and rarely need it. If you lived inTX in the summer than maybe. Don't be a slave to 50 amp. Good luck!

Does 2 AC's in 27FB help in re-sale value down the road? seems to be about a $2,200 difference Vs the one with (1) AC? - Thanks

Tags
2012 27fb intl, 2012 international