Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2011 - 2015 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay53 View Post
Chris,

I'm a newbie at this stuff.............It's called an Equil-l-izer 2 sway control. BT said I needed it.
My truck has sway control, just taking their word for it until my walk-through with the Tech.
Am I getting the right advice? I had just learned all about 5th wheel hitches, and now I'm a bit lost!
I am certainly no expert, but during my short tenure in AS ownership, the best move I have made thus far, which happened to be my first move, was going with the ProPride. I would give that a very hard look.

-Chris
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms4140 View Post
I am certainly no expert, but during my short tenure in AS ownership, the best move I have made thus far, which happened to be my first move, was going with the ProPride. I would give that a very hard look.

-Chris
I read about ProPride, it looked good. Appreciate the heads up, I will call BT and check it out.

I'm scheduled for delivery next Wed. Very excited! The only big question is where the big dog will fit......He's a hundred pound Rhodesian Ridgeback, named
Max. I'm thinking, under the dining table.........
Jay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Quote:

-Chris
Chris,

I talked with BT. They said, with my F350, and the size/weight of the 27FB, I would not need the ProPride or the Hensley. The equalizer 2, would be sufficient. The dealer is close by, and I will be test riding the set-up, so we'll just see. Again, thanks for the tip.........

Jay
Old 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
ProPride is it

NO, you probably can get away without the PP. But we highly recommend it! It works well with all sizes and you can always use it if you decide to upgrade to a bigger unit. We LOVE ours and would not go back to any other kind. Peace of mind and safety is worth it.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
NO, you probably can get away without the PP. But we highly recommend it! It works well with all sizes and you can always use it if you decide to upgrade to a bigger unit. We LOVE ours and would not go back to any other kind. Peace of mind and safety is worth it.
Larry and Lou,

Thanks for the feedback on the PP. I will talk with the dealer, again, and hopefully get this right. I agree, regarding piece of mind............
Old 03-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Larry and Lou,

Thanks for the feedback on the PP. I will talk with the dealer, again, and hopefully get this right. I agree, regarding piece of mind............
I would rely on your research here within the forum more so than on your discussions with the dealer. The thread here on the ProPride would be a good read and would be more insightful...in my opinion. I would be willing to bet that no salesperson at BT has pulled a TT with a ProPride...therefore, not sure how relevant I'd find their opinion to be
Old 03-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
dealers

We have not found many dealers around here to be very helpful. You may hear them say that they are not familiar with them. I would call Sean Woodruff who is Mr. ProPride and ask the questions. He is wonderful to talk to and knowlegeable. It is an easy install and you can probably handle it yourself....says Larry.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Make yourself a pot of coffee and cuddle up with the following for the evening:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f464...ide-57179.html
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Cuddle up, I did! This is a topic with no shortage of opinions. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. There is one topic, for more research. The new Ford Super Duty's have sway control built in to the trailering system, utilizing sway sensors, engine throttle and braking adjustments to detect and control sway. I need to find a sole with a new Super Duty and get some feedback on their towing experience.

Thanks to all for your input.

Jay
Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Mobile , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18driver
My wife and I went to buy a 2011 27FB INTL recently in central california. We ended up getting a better deal out at the coast in Pismo Beach. The dealer didn't have one in stock so he was going to try and swap an order with another dealer one with the factory. A day later he said that he couldn't swap an order but he had some great news. He got us a 2012! He said the price would normally be about 2% more he but wouldn't charge us. I asked what the differences would be if any. He said:

Dimming LED lights
Blu-ray DVD player
Porcelain toilet
Retractable laundry string in shower
Electric and LP water heater!!

Think that was it I think, but I was excited. Only have to wait a couple months. ALso added the driver side awnings. This is our first Airstream. We can't wait to take it out!!
YEA, NEW AGE FOR A/S, I JUST GOT MINE PAID FOR!!!!!!13 YRS and it's mine!! NOW I AM REMODELING?

Sent from my iPad using AIR Forums
ritasmith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Cuddle up, I did. There is no shortage of opinions on the topic. I have one further piece of research to do on the new Ford Super Dutys with sway control built in to the trailering system, which I have. I have a question for Ford, ProPride and hopefully some willing new Super Duty owners. One thing for certain, I haven't as yet heard anyone sorry that they purchased the PP.

Thanks for all the feedback and pointing me in the right direction on this..............

Jay
Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
We have not found many dealers around here to be very helpful. You may hear them say that they are not familiar with them. I would call Sean Woodruff who is Mr. ProPride and ask the questions. He is wonderful to talk to and knowlegeable. It is an easy install and you can probably handle it yourself....says Larry.
Update to my research on hitches.........

I did speak with Glen Thomas, current owner of Bill Thomas Camper Sales. He has been a A/S owner for many years. Very familiar with the Henley Arrow, and less so the ProPride. He said it best.........you would only invest in the Henley/ProPride for the same reason you invested in the Airstream; highest quality, most comfort and best piece of mind. He is ordering a ProPride for the 27FB.......doing this right the first time!

I must state that working with a trusted and honest dealer, such as BT Camper has been a refreshing and most positive experience. I can't speak highly enough of my experience with them.

Jay
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Update to my research on hitches.........

I did speak with Glen Thomas, current owner of Bill Thomas Camper Sales. He has been a A/S owner for many years. Very familiar with the Henley Arrow, and less so the ProPride. He said it best.........you would only invest in the Henley/ProPride for the same reason you invested in the Airstream; highest quality, most comfort and best piece of mind. He is ordering a ProPride for the 27FB.......doing this right the first time!

I must state that working with a trusted and honest dealer, such as BT Camper has been a refreshing and most positive experience. I can't speak highly enough of my experience with them.

Jay
Good update Jay. I think you will be very happy with your decision.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Good update Jay. I think you will be very happy with your decision.
Hi Chris,

I expect I will be...........

Thank you so much for initial heads up on this. Otherwise, I might have learned
the right solution, the hard way.

Regards, Jay
Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
yay!

Congratulations on that decision! Welcome to the PPclub! We wish you the best with your new rig!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
Quote:
Yes, I am going from a 25' FC to the 30 CL. It has been on order since January with no end to the wait in sight (AS says parts are back ordered) .

-Chris
Chris, Did you sell your 25' or are you trading it?
07' Classic 31, 11' Dodge 3500 Cummins
au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by au_ee View Post
Chris, Did you sell your 25' or are you trading it?
Trading it in.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Hi Chris,

I expect I will be...........

Thank you so much for initial heads up on this. Otherwise, I might have learned
the right solution, the hard way.

Regards, Jay
You are very welcome. I am indebted to this forum for what little knowledge I have, particularly 2air' for his insight on the PP and tow vehicles. Sean with PP is also a great resource and always willing to support his customers.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
Sevierville , Tennessee
I'm planning to buy a 2012 but haven't seen any info on them yet -- so naturally very interested in what you've reported here. When I saw the 2011's at the Tampa RV show I was keenly aware of the intensity of the LED lights. I searched the web for LED dimmers and found some I thought would work with some disassembly and reconfiguration to fit inside the walls. How nice to hear that AS is offering this in 2012.

Are ALL of the LED lights dimmable? Maybe just the recessed ceiling puck lights? Anyone have any more info?

Also, a gas/electric water heater? Is this in the 50amp models only? I have a 30amp SOB with a gas/electric water heater and it works fine as long as I'm not not trying to run the microwave and A/C along with it. I suppose this is the reason AS hasn't put them in the 30amp units?

Would love to hear any more details if you have them.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18driver View Post
My wife and I went to buy a 2011 27FB INTL recently in central california. We ended up getting a better deal out at the coast in Pismo Beach. The dealer didn't have one in stock so he was going to try and swap an order with another dealer one with the factory. A day later he said that he couldn't swap an order but he had some great news. He got us a 2012! He said the price would normally be about 2% more he but wouldn't charge us. I asked what the differences would be if any. He said:

Dimming LED lights
Blu-ray DVD player
Porcelain toilet
Retractable laundry string in shower
Electric and LP water heater!!

Think that was it I think, but I was excited. Only have to wait a couple months. ALso added the driver side awnings. This is our first Airstream. We can't wait to take it out!!
Congratulations! (sort of neighbor)
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 27fb intl, 2012 international