Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2011 - 2015 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Everpure Water Filter

I just purchased a Everpure water filter kit and I would like to install it so both sinks get at least cold filtered water. Any suggestions for where / how to install the filter? Tips and/or tricks learned the hard way?

I've considered filtering all water leaving the pump (hot and cold, sinks and showers) or just the cold water on the street side. Either placing the filter in the mid-ship curbside wardrobe or under the sink in the bathroom (if I can find all the water lines there). Plan C will be to just put it under the kitchen sink, but I'd like to be able to get drinking water from the bathroom sink as well.

I have a 2012 25FB (International Signature).

Thanks.
matthorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Municipal water doesn't go through the pump, so there should be a "T" fitting (or possibly a "Y" fitting) a short distance downstream from the pump, with one inlet coming from the pump, and the other from the municipal water connection. Placing the filter immediately downstream from that fitting allows you to filter all the water you use, including the hot side since it's upstream from the water heater.

As for where to install it, I can't answer that due to a lack of familiarity with your exact floor plan. But make sure you've got access so that you can change out filter cartridges without creating a water leak. You may only be changing filters once a year given typical RV usage, but you'd want to remove the filter cartridge before adding antifreeze anyway so you might as well set it up to be as easy as possible to reach what you need.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Trent Woods , North Carolina
We just bought an International Serenity 25 FB and what you want to do is not going to be easy. I settled for installing a filter on the cold water under the galley sink. Ease of access is most important to me. You could do the same under the head sink as the hose is easy to access. The water pump is under the curbside wardrobe and that is not a friendly place to change a filter.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Thanks for the inputs. I will look for the "T"/"Y" downstream of the water pump and see if I can install the filter in the back of the curbside wardrobe. I've looked under the wardrobe where the water pump is located and I don't think there is enough room even if I install the filter sideways.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
The everpure capacity relatively small for filtering all the water.

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excella CM View Post
The everpure capacity relatively small for filtering all the water.
Even for weekend camping in the summer? Another option I have considered is to use an external filter for city water and the everpure just for water from the fresh water tank.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Coffee/drinking water= filtered water from home.

FW tank, in-line fill hose filter.

KISS filter in kitchen faucet.

Bob
Old 06-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Here's the plan... I'll attach the hoses to/from the filter at the outlet if the water pump and install the filter in the wardrobe wall in front of the shower. Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130630_155034.png
Views:	160
Size:	536.1 KB
ID:	189776   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130630_155042.png
Views:	181
Size:	530.7 KB
ID:	189777  

Tags