Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2011 - 2015 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2018, 12:06 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Topsham , Maine
Cannot locate hydraulic jack placement location on 23FB

I have a 2014 International Serenity 23FB. The owner's manual states "To Change a tire with a jack see the label affixed to the underbelly to the rear of the wheels. This label, says JACK with an arrow and points to a plate riveted to the mainframe rail where the jack head must be placed". I can't find any label that says JACK, nor can I see any mainframe material behind the rear of the wheels.

I realize there are other methods to change a flat tire, but I was planning on purchasing a hydraulic bottle jack as suggested on other posts, but can't figure out where it would go.
Geobolduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Cannot locate hydraulic jack placement location on 23FB

The jack point looks like a flat rectangle of metal about 2” by 3 inches riveted to the belly pan. The label can come off.

If you can’t find it, bang on the belly pan and where it feels like really solid metal, that may be the heavy frame rail that runs front to back on each side. It’s usually just inside the line of the plate the axles are bolted to. The frame rail is hidden by the belly pan.

If they missed the jack point plates at the factory, I’d get them installed under warranty if possible.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
I seem to remember not having the jack location plates showing under my 23FB as well. You can jack along the frame in front of, behind, or in between, the wheels. A short length of 2x4 is a good idea (unlike in my photo :-) ) to spread the load from the small round head of the jack, along a few inches of the frame. I certainly wouldn't try to guess where the frame might be underneath the belly pan. Guess wrong and it could be catastrophic. Be careful obviously, and always use jackstand(s) if both wheels are coming off, lowering the jack till the frame is solidly on the jackstands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2082.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	315847
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Boise , Idaho
One of my jack plates was missing. The label pointed to the general area and I could barely see the outline where it used to be. Have the replacement. Just need to rivet it in place.
Leilanisteve is offline   Reply With Quote