Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Solo Streamers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #121
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Is this thread Gender specific?
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #122
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Nope. It's not gender specific. It's for solo Airstreamers though (or that's what it appears to be). Go for it!
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #123
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
H-70, Don't worry about your spelling. Andrew Jackson supposedly said "It is a poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word". It's been my mandate, although spell ck has helped. Anyone camping in CA?
TAC: CA-3
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #124
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Fort Smith , Arkansas
Drew05,
I have had a great run with the Air Force. Five years of active duty Luke AFB. The balance I have been a full time member of the Arkansas Air National Guard. While I am not a native of Arkansas I love this state and her people.
h70man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #125
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay - sorry - I'm new here ROFL can't read and forgot how to use the forums....
That is why I deleted my post.
Thought I was on the portal but nope was way in this thread reading it - and posted a stupid post cause I am bored silly.....

Hope all the solo Airstreamers are having a good ole time out there...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #126
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Providence , Rhode Island
Great to read so many stories. I'm in my 40's & my goal is to get my airstream as soon as I can afford one, most likely close to retirement, but you never know. Thanks for sharing.
BorninRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:44 AM   #127
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hey, born in RI, welcome to the forums! I wish you all the best on your Airstream dream and the wonderful journeys ahead for you. Take care.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #128
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
I know you would think more singles would be on here..
Single. I don't think we advertise.
WBCCI #1122
Top of Georgia Unit #52
“I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it; I want to have lived the width of it as well.”
---Diane Ackerman (Author, poet, essayist, naturalist)
benjisgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #129
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
I'm Single!!!! And I tow solo...and about to embark on SJ's (form K's) big adventure....

Pending an ankle joint replacement surgery date - I am moving out west and will be taking the slow boat to (china) in getting there.....I can't wait.

I have been on and off here since 04 and chatted with so so so many airstreamers from out west - drooled at all your really cool rallies - and after all this time I will finally get to go for ever........

Will most likely start a new thread as soon as I know what is up - as in many years past...

I took a short 5 week trip to give my baby broken/repaired frame a good run for her money - no problems and not as much stuff bouncing around - a notable difference.....I'm happy.

But that trip ended up at the Flying J at 11:00 pm to dump my tanks to winterize before getting back to my RV camp. Well ha as I was texting away - a vile waft of stink shot up - I looked down to see a see of my own **** flooding over my boots....guess the vibrations on the interstates had worked the little silver c-clamp and it fell off. My rhino hose had little holes in it from being out all summer (for grey pit - sewer service is provided at the camp I stayed) UG.

So thought no problem - I'l just hose it into the drain - look up and a lovely little sign said "Water turned off for season". Made my decision on the spot that I was NOT going to try and tough out living in my trailer for another single moment lugging my own poop and filling up the fresh with gerry cans....

So back at the house that has still not sold...waiting out my time.

Hope to meet some of you out on the road - but please know I am not a newbie - the last time I did something like that was at my very first Rally as our friends were helping us with the blue bugger, mean buggy and I asked what the tape was at the bumper of the 69 GT - ha it was not a tap it was a handle and I pulled it right when Marvin had his hands around the poop hole ROFL!!!!! yep that was the colour of his face when he looked up at me with blue hands and tissue stuck all over them - eeeegaddd
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #130
maryc4146

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Whitewood , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to maryc4146
Soulmate

I'm a widowed AS owner. I am interested in communicating with other single AS owners and discussing problems/solutions which involve campers who travel solo. My husband passed away of cancer and it is almost too much for me to handle by myself. We had only used it five times before he passed away. If anyone has any pointers I would really appreciate it. Thank you! Take care, Mary
maryc4146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #131
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hey Mary from SD

Mary said "I'm a widowed AS owner. I am interested in communicating with other single AS owners and discussing problems/solutions which involve campers who travel solo. My husband passed away of cancer and it is almost too much for me to handle by myself. We had only used it five times before he passed away. If anyone has any pointers I would really appreciate it. Thank you! Take care, Mary"

Hi Mary. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been really tough to go thru and I imagine still very hard to get back on track with life and living. I'm glad though, that you reached out to us on Air Forums. I haven't been on much lately and I really miss my friends here. But I'm back! So welcome Mary!!

I tow my 16" Bambi solo ( No husband or boyfriend.....at the moment ). I've been towing my Bambi for about 2 years now and the forum members have really been a great source of information, commaraderie and fun. I'm not sure exactly what your questions are but please post again, maybe with more specific questions or you may even search for another "Thread" here that addresses more issues for a newcomer to solo towing.

I wish you all the best!!! Keep coming back and you'll find a lot of what you are searching for. Take care.

~Cari~
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #132
maryc4146

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Whitewood , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to maryc4146
Thank you for your warm welcome Cari! it has been very difficult losing my husband but I know that he's in a "better place". i also had a brother pass away four months later of cancer and my father had bladder cancer but he's on the road to recovery. I also had a blood clot in each lung and for some reason, God has taken care of me. I'm thankful for every day that I have!

So far I've had to replace a Fantastic Fan because it turned out to be not so "fantastic". However, that was covered under warranty. Also, the little rubber knob on the shower door sticks. My husband and I would never leave anyone to shower by themselves in case they could never get out! I wish that AS would have gone the extra mile on that and put something a little more durable on the door. Since the 2009 AS was on the dealer's lot for one year before we purchased it, everyone and their mother-in-law probably opened that door! LOL I also noticed the other day that the vinyl flooring is buckling so now I have to deal with that. The two year warranty has run out so that will be my responsibility. I can go on a specific forum to see what is suggested by current AS members and talk to an RV dealer here in South Dakota.

One thing that I'm concerned with is whether my F150 is strong enough to pull the AS. I have been told that a 3/4 ton would be the pickup of choice. I feel the same way since I've pulled the trailer five out of six times. I'm torn between a Dodge Ram, Toyota, Chevrolet or GMC Denali. I've heard alot about the Ford's so I think that I'm going to steer away from them. If anyone can convince me otherwise, I'd be happy to listen.

Thank you once again Cari. I'm thankful for all your help!
Take care, Mary
maryc4146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #133
2 Rivet Member

2011 22' Sport
New Market , Virginia
Hello Mary and welcome. Echoing my sympathies for your loss.

Can't answer your tow vehicle question but can say traveling solo is not only fun, but it can be therapeutic. Pulled a 22' Bambi from the East to West coast last August/September; had a wonderful time and no problems. Had lost a dear friend to pancreatic cancer just before leaving and the trip helped deal with that a lot.

Just use common sense and that sixth sense, which women use so well. I found visitor information stops during the day were helpful, clean and safe. In fact, I believe I met Cari at one last August, maybe in Montana, and we intersected several times after. Get good road side assistance coverage, just in case. The Allstays and RV applications really helped with finding a place to stay each night. The customer reviews in those were invaluable.

You should be just fine, will meet interesting and fun people and build more character.

My best for you having fun adventures in your new life.
MStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #134
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc4146 View Post
I'm a widowed AS owner. I am interested in communicating with other single AS owners and discussing problems/solutions which involve campers who travel solo. My husband passed away of cancer and it is almost too much for me to handle by myself. We had only used it five times before he passed away. If anyone has any pointers I would really appreciate it. Thank you! Take care, Mary
Mary - I too am sorry for your loss. I think it is great your are connecting on this forum. Lots of really nice helpful interesting people. I am not single but I am a woman in my 50s who frequently Airstreams solo so if you have any questions, I will certainly try to be helpful. Feel free to send me a PM. I have had my 23 FB for 3 seasons now and have had it out quite a bit in the Rocky Mountain region. It is a lot of fun. Welcome to the forum!

Sandy
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #135
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Mary, sorry for you loss and health issues. Glad things are improving for you. I'm a solo but travel in a AS motor home so not very helpful in trailer stuff. I do know that my brother loves his Dodge ram for RVing. I do a lot of traveling so if you have any solo traveling questions, I'll be glad to chime in. I'll be headed for GA from CA the end of March if anyone is in the southern part of the US. I travel with a standard poodle.
Myrna
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #136
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hi MStewart! I think I remember you too! How fun! Wasn't the last time in Bear Creek Lodge in Montana? Not to be a pun, but isn't your name Martha? It's good to hear you are doing well and having fun!

Hi Sandy & Myrna! It's so neat to hear from other solo traveling women, married or not, out there, towing and traveling and having a blast! I'm still fultiming and recently went down to California, Arizona and Nevada. I think if you gals are not on it so far, maybe we could all post on the Silver Sisters thread here on the forums and get a rally going somewhere mutually close so we can have a couple martini hours and a bunch of girlfriend giggles! One thing about traveling solo for me is that I fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants and often don't make plans to meet other A/S'ers along the way. So, as my attempt to make new friends and connections BEFORE I fly past their towns unaware, I would love to talk about a rally on the Silver Sisters thread. If you want to meet some really fun women, please join me. As much as I love men, being married or having a boyfriend (currently single) but women friends are just the absolute best in the world!!

So that said, Mary C, MStewart, Sandy amd Myrna, I wish you all safe and fun travels. Hope to converse with you soon! Take care. Cari
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #137
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
Hi MStewart! I think I remember you too! How fun! Wasn't the last time in Bear Creek Lodge in Montana? Not to be a pun, but isn't your name Martha? It's good to hear you are doing well and having fun!

Hi Sandy & Myrna! It's so neat to hear from other solo traveling women, married or not, out there, towing and traveling and having a blast! I'm still fultiming and recently went down to California, Arizona and Nevada. I think if you gals are not on it so far, maybe we could all post on the Silver Sisters thread here on the forums and get a rally going somewhere mutually close so we can have a couple martini hours and a bunch of girlfriend giggles! One thing about traveling solo for me is that I fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants and often don't make plans to meet other A/S'ers along the way. So, as my attempt to make new friends and connections BEFORE I fly past their towns unaware, I would love to talk about a rally on the Silver Sisters thread. If you want to meet some really fun women, please join me. As much as I love men, being married or having a boyfriend (currently single) but women friends are just the absolute best in the world!!

So that said, Mary C, MStewart, Sandy amd Myrna, I wish you all safe and fun travels. Hope to converse with you soon! Take care. Cari
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check Silver Sisters out. It would be fun to do a rally...
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #138
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Fort Smith , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc4146 View Post
Mary,
This past summer while camped with the Razorback unit on the Arkansas River, We were inturduced to a wonderful gal who lost her husband a few years ago. She is in her late 80's and still pulls her 30Ft camper completely on he own. She has even pulled it to Alaska twice by herself! For the love of God I cannot recall her name, but what an insperation this lady is, living and loving life! She is a member of the Lousiana unit. Good luck too you and stay connnected this world is full of wonderful people just waiting to help out.
h70man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #139
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Mary:

The Escapees organizaton (Escapees RV Club) has a sub group called "Loners on Wheels" (LOW's). It's not Airstream specific as it includes all types of RV's.

You may want to check it out.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #140
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Dave,
LOWS is not a part of Escapees but a separate organization. Their headquarters is in NM and they have chapters in every state that usually have monthly GTG. Escapees has a singles group that is called SOLO'S. About 50 of us met in Quartzside last month before the big tent show.
Myrna

Tags
singles