Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #141
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream631 View Post
I'm in MD headed south for the winter. Anything going on N.C. down to Fl.? Would like to hang & talk about vintage AIR. I'll be in GA./FL. 1 month or so.
Sounds a lot like my route. Only I am in Georgia right now. I started in PA, stopped in Greenbelt, Maryland for a little tour of D.C., moved on to Virginia, stopped in NC to visit friends and family, then stopped in SC, and now I am in Georgia and I'll be heading to Florida from here. I'll be here a while yet before heading to Florida however, maybe our paths will cross?
8rmesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #142
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANlowGREEN View Post
Sounds a lot like my route. Only I am in Georgia right now. I started in PA, stopped in Greenbelt, Maryland for a little tour of D.C., moved on to Virginia, stopped in NC to visit friends and family, then stopped in SC, and now I am in Georgia and I'll be heading to Florida from here. I'll be here a while yet before heading to Florida however, maybe our paths will cross?
Hi,
When do you plan to get to Florida? Be great to see your Airstream on the roads around Tampa Bay area.
Have a safe trip.
Thanks, Derek
crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream631 View Post
I'm in MD headed south for the winter. Anything going on N.C. down to Fl.? Would like to hang & talk about vintage AIR. I'll be in GA./FL. 1 month or so. I'm alone, not lonely but company is welcome once in a while. I'm rehabbing a 1960 Safari and would love to talk shop. I'm a newbie.
Hi,
Wondering what part of Florida you're heading to? I'm in the Tampa Bay area, St Petersburg to be exact. Be great to meet and chat Airstreams one day. Several Airstream/Argosy owners in the Tampa Bay area. No time since my purchase end of August to meet any of them. One close to Wesley Chapel, FL, several others around my area as well.
Maybe a Florida Single Streamers Rally???
Thanks, Derek
Old 12-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #144
MetalWind

1960 22' Safari
Hancock , Maryland
mountains to glades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANlowGREEN View Post
I'll be in GA late Dec & Jan exploring the state then move to Fl. & work my way down to the Keys in Jan/Feb. I'm visiting friends & family in Warren Robins & Miami but I have no dates set up, just wondering. It would be great to cross paths.
Airstream631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:43 AM   #145
MetalWind

1960 22' Safari
Hancock , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeevw View Post
Hi,
Wondering what part of Florida you're heading to? I'm in the Tampa Bay area, St Petersburg to be exact. Be great to meet and chat Airstreams one day. Several Airstream/Argosy owners in the Tampa Bay area. No time since my purchase end of August to meet any of them. One close to Wesley Chapel, FL, several others around my area as well.
Maybe a Florida Single Streamers Rally???
Thanks, Derek
I'm a newbie w/o a clock/calendar for 3/4 mos. so I could give you a note/ring when I get to your area. Would love to talk shop.

A singles Rally would be great.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #146
3 Rivet Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeevw View Post
Hi,
Wondering what part of Florida you're heading to?
Thanks, Derek
I'm really not sure what part or parts of Florida I will be visiting. I'll probably visit two or three areas while I am there so I don't get bored. I am looking at Cedar Key for one stop and I want to hit the Daytona Beach Motorcycle Rally on my way out in the spring. I don't know where I'll stay in between but if I come close to Tampa it would be cool to meet up somewhere. I will probably be in Georgia for the rest of December but I may take off tomorrow! I'm not really on a schedule to say the least
8rmesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #147
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
I will probably be in Georgia for the rest of December but I may take off tomorrow! I'm not really on a schedule to say the least

Sounds like my kind of schedule. PM me if you think you might get close to the Tampa Bay area at some point. Enjoy!
Thanks, Derek
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #148
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Orlando , Florida
From an article in the WBCCI Free Wheelers Newsletter (by Barbara Carney):

PRE-RALLY NOW SET FOR JUNE 21 - 17 AT Bennett Springs State Park, Lebanon, MO. If you plan to be with us, please go online: www.mostateparks.com. Go to Find-A-Park. Select Bennett Springs St.Pk. Make a reservation in Campground Loop 4, preferably in campsite between numbers 419 and 429. I will be in Site 425. Our gatherings will take place there. If you prefer, call 877-422-6766 and ask to be near the Airstream FW Group. Bill Coil checked out the park and recommends this area as the shadiest, which took precedence over other full hookup sites out in the blazing sun. This area only has electric hookups. Of course, you can reserve a site farther away from us if you prefer full hookups and just drive over to be with us. Bill strongly recommends that you use Highway 64A to enter the park; it is by far the RV-friendliest. The park said they couldn’t set aside a group of campsites for us, so it is important you reserve immediately if you plan to come. You may arrive and depart at your convenience, but those still there will depart together on the morning of Jun. 27 for Intl. at Sedalia. If you are not a member of Free Wheelers, but are a single Airstreamer, come and join us. We want to meet you!
Voyager407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #149
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hi all! It's great to see the singles getting a rally going. I live in Oregon but will be coming back from a trek to NYC to see my daughter so I might be able to stop in if time permits. I would love to meet everyone. If for some reason I can't make it, I hope you all have a great time!!
Take care and safe travels.

~Cari~
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #150
MetalWind

1960 22' Safari
Hancock , Maryland
So good to hear of a singles rally. I can't make this one, just back from 4 months on the road. Enjoy! maybe the next one.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #151
maryc4146

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Whitewood , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to maryc4146
Airstream singles

Hi everyone! Since I'm retired, I would like to travel with other AS singles. I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota and also have a home in Sheridan, Wyoming. i spend two or three months every winter in sunny Arizona. Are there any groups in either of these areas? My husband passed away of cancer a year after we purchased our AS so its only been on 6 short trips. I feel somewhat comfortable getting out on my own but not ready for any long trips. Thank you for all your help! Take care, Mary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mary.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	178935  
maryc4146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #152
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Ehrhardt , South Carolina
Hi Mary

Iowa, my new home, should have several single Airstreamers ready to go on trips this year. But dont egnore the rallies that always will have a few singles also, and the couples are more then friendly to share wonderful experiences.
Announce a rally of your own and they will come.
oldcar29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #153
1 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Tampa , Florida
Hi,

I'm wondering if any singles groups or rallies for air streamers ever got off the ground in the Tampa Bay area? I am looking for such a group. I have a newly acquired vintage 1967 trade winds and am enjoying fixing it up...just would love a group to identify with1

Thanks
Linda (Tampa)
ltanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #154
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Huntsville , Alabama
AS Single in Knoxville TN

I am also looking for rally or single caravan. I have reservations for 2 weeks June 2013 at Elkmont in Smoky Mts. Anyone interested?
aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #155
1 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Tampa , Florida
When in June. It's doubtful for me as I have a cruise the first week and beach vaca. the third week of June...but maybe part of the time?
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #156
2 Rivet Member

1950 22' Liner
2004 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
St Petersburg , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to CapnTom
Hey Linda,

I'm in St Pete...I joined the single forum about a year ago and I've not heard much activity here in the Tampa area at all. It would be nice though if other were more active. I'm single again with a 9 yr old daughter and we go everywhere together in one of my two Airstreams. I have a vintage 1950 liner that I restored as well as a 2004 motor home. So every chance we get we're on the road...although there are times I go solo and meet up with others.

CapnTom

WBCCI/VAC #2453
AIR #35123
TCT

USAVTN
1950 Liner 22'
2004 Land Yacht 30 SL
2004 Chevy Avalanche

CapnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #157
1 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTom View Post
Hey Linda,

I'm in St Pete...I joined the single forum about a year ago and I've not heard much activity here in the Tampa area at all. It would be nice though if other were more active. I'm single again with a 9 yr old daughter and we go everywhere together in one of my two Airstreams. I have a vintage 1950 liner that I restored as well as a 2004 motor home. So every chance we get we're on the road...although there are times I go solo and meet up with others.
Hi Tom,

Finally...a response from someone close by! Your airstream is beautiful! I'm just beginning to seek out groups to camp with and went to the Sarasota Rally recently but only for a day as I had another obligation. Would love to get in touch with you to chat and maybe you and I could organize something and get others to join. I can't believe we are the only ones seeking out these adventures in the Tampa Bay area. I will message you with my contact info!

Linda
Old 09-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #158
1 Rivet Member

2013 22' FB Sport
Huntley , Illinois
I do travel as a solo at times. Leave the hubby home and go on my own. Is there room for me?
chegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #159
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
of course there is. welcome :-)
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #160
Flyingypsy11

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Grand Haven , Michigan