Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
Klatawa (to travel)

1965 24' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Bremerton , Washington
The Hoodsport, WA rally is August 16-18, 2013. Check our clubs current newsletter for info:

www.ncascadewaairstreamclub.com

It's a nice spot right on the water.
2015 Chev Silverado HC
Klatawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Thanks everybody for the invites. We will sure try to attend some of your rallies this spring and summer. We are moving over to Fort Flagler to help out for a couple of months the first of the year, but will keep track of everybody on the web. Thanks Mike
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #23
Machinist

1971 31' Sovereign
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by monah View Post
Mark...congrats!! We'll be around when the expanded family is ready to hit the road
Mona
Hey there Monah... Quick question...

How do these rallies usually go down? Everyone with an AS, meeting up to camp together?

Thanks, Mark
Blondin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #24

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Hi Mark - generally speaking that's what we do. The rallies are organized by members of the Wally Club (my abbreviation for WBCCI) based on their physical location. The Oregon Unit...and I'm sure our friends in Washington and elsewhere....invite AS owners who aren't yet members to join us as guests so you can get a sense of the activities & membership.

Because quite a few of our members are still working and their time is precious - our rallies usually begin Friday and end Sunday...with some starting on Thursday. Some meals are potluck, some hosted, lots of fun activities (bicycle rides, sightseeing, etc.).

Hope that helps

Mona
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #25
Machinist

1971 31' Sovereign
Yakima , Washington
Thanks Monah!

More questions! What's the typical average age of the group members?

My wife and I are both 30. We are totally new to AS's and just picked up our AS late this fall and haven't
even had it out yet...

From an earlier post you had mentioned about having a campout in June in the Tri-citires.
I think at the moment Ill keep that in mind to shoot for. For just a trip or two do I need to sign up
with the club?

During the cold winter months I am trying to research this and that on the AS's. I have my
work cut out for me. Are you also one to talk to about advice on shining up an AS?
Sometimes I have found it easier to talk to someone that has done it before an read through pages of
posts/ blogs.

Thanks.

Mark
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #26

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Hey Mark -
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want! I'll answer from the perspective of the Oregon Unit and invite others chime in. The Oregon group is a very diverse group - we have quite a few couples in their 30's with children...one who will be attending his first rally as a 1-year old in May as well as several members who are still working, just retired or long time members who are the heart & sole of our club. It's been really awesome to see those members become re-energized by the youthfullness of our members, regardless of their age.

Several of our new members have found us through social media, primarily Facebook and others come to us through our work with the local Airstream dealer in Portland. I think it's a good idea to attend a rally or two so that you get a sense of the members and the fun we have together. Can't remember if I posted a link to our Facebook page before but just in case here you go: http://www.facebook.com/OregonWallyClub?ref=ts&fref=ts

The January issue of our newsletter will have all of our rally info so when it's published I'll be sure to send you a copy. Look forward to meeting you in the New Year!

Mona
Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #27

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Mark - me again. Totally forgot to answer your ? regarding polishing. you're correct...you most definitely have your work cut out for you. We polished our '69 Tradewind...having to remove clear coat (not so much fun) and about 200 hours polishing her. The couple who are hosting the June rally polished both of theirs and also helped with ours...let me know if there's anything I/we can do to help.
Mona
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #28
Machinist

1971 31' Sovereign
Yakima , Washington
Thanks Monah for the info on the rallies! That kind of stuff is good to know!

As far as the polishing.... I found a website I am trying to remember off hand. But I think it was
www.Vintagetrailersupply.com. They had the dual polishing head with different levels of abrasives.
Is that where I need to start on gathering equipment? I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for all the help,

Mark
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #29

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Hi Mark....Vintage Trailer Supply is a great resource for polishing supplies...altho you won't need the cyclo polisher just yet. Varying perspectives on which circular polisher works best but we found that the DeWalt with the Velcro 3M heads worked awesome
Mona
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #30
Machinist

1971 31' Sovereign
Yakima , Washington
Thanks Monah.

That's good to know on not needing the dual head polisher right away.
The DeWalt is of good quality to,

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
Kennewick , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to shermybaby
When you get to the polishing stage I would be willing to help (time permitting). I am in Kennewick. Been down for a while but back amoung the living now.

Scott
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
No offense to the hard working Washington members, but just my 2 cents, Oregon is where it is at if you're a bit younger, have a family and are looking for really friendly outgoing club members to welcome you in!
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #33
LL2
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Spokane , Washington
We need a club or something here in Spokane!
LL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #34

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Hi LL2....there are members of the Oregon Unit who live in Spokane
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #35
LL2
2 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by monah View Post
Hi LL2....there are members of the Oregon Unit who live in Spokane
Are they on Air Forums? It would be great to discuss meet other AS everyone we know has SOB's
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #36
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL2 View Post
We need a club or something here in Spokane!

There used to be a Spokane based unit - it was called the Inland Washington Unit. This is the first unit we joined about 10 years ago and after they cashed our check they went out of Business. I got a letter from the WBCCI office explaining that we had been merged into the Lacey WA unit.

A few weeks later I called the WA unit to inquire about attending our first rally (new airstreamers). They were less than welcoming, not sure that our argosy was allowed, hadn't heard of the merger, etc. They finally said they needed to confirm all this and would get back to me - they never did. I think the Lacey Unit has improved their outreach efforts since then but I joined the Oregon Unit and have never looked back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL2 View Post
Are they on Air Forums? It would be great to discuss meet other AS everyone we know has SOB's
I live in the tri-cities (not quite Spokane) and hang out some here at AIR forums

Did you know the OR unit is planning a rally this June in Pasco?

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #37
LL2
2 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
I ride BMW motorcycles and clubs can be a hassle. I can certainly understand folks wanting a more informal group setting. Politics and clubs is no fun...especially when money is involved. $90 is a bit steep to join a club especially since the WA state campground is in Olympia. IMHO.

Like my BMW aspirations.. I just want to ride and learn more about that hobby and the same can be said for this experience. I learned a lot from the Web and Air Forums has been a great resource. I just wish more folks would post picture s of their projects and become supporting members.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eastside , Washington
Hi All -I checked the Oregon and North Cascades websites last week, and only the 2012 dates are listed. Also, the latest newsletters are not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
A few weeks later I called the WA unit to inquire about attending our first rally (new airstreamers). They were less than welcoming...
Sadly, same here. I called to attend a rally. I was too late to sign up. I didn't get a "sorry we missed you, we'd have loved to meet you." It was more like "so sad, too bad."

I attended one rally with the Vintage Airstream group, and ran across a couple from the Alaska caravan during vacation. Had great chats with them all.

And while I'm thinking about it, can we update the event form from "luncheon" to "lunch"? No one goes to "luncheons" any more.

-quilter
quilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #39

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Hi Quilter....agree with you regarding luncheon The Oregon Unit rally newsletter will be out next weekend and we'll make sure to update our website. If you want to send me a message with your personal email address I'll forward you the newsletter as soon as i get it.
Mona
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
LL2, our experience the last 2 years with Oregon has been great. If we want to go to a function cool, if we'd rather go into town and check things out, or take the kids to the playground, or just hang in the trailer, there is no pressure, except someone maybe coming over with some of Doug's kick butt food to fatten us up some more. Mona's a hoot, kids love her to death, and she's a pro with sidewalk chalk.
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, group, washington