Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
Hi, Nelson428. That's a good picture of my unit tks for posting it. I spent 3 months in New Orleans winter of 2010 working on rebuilds, and a month in Cordova AL Feb of 2013, really like Louisiana even though it can get a bit cold at night.
There is an Airstream only park called Mystic Springs near Pensacola FL that I'm interested in visiting the ad says "host opportunities" any info on what that means ? I would be really interested in trading some work for part of my parking fee.
Bev1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #22
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
I had a few more but I thought that one was the best. You sound like me, I love the Canadian summers, and the Southern USA winters. I was impressed that you had traveled so far, and into the Yukon Wilderness alone. Not a lot of us that are that brave to undertake such a trip. If you were not able to take many pictures, let me know and I will share mine.
Here is the web page for the Pensacola Unit http://pensacolaflorida.wbcci.net
This was the only two email addresses i could find
Gloria Carter. Contact@gmail.com phone 850-623-4530
And
Marianne McAukiffe contact@yahoo.com phone 805-982-8068

Bev, I hope that will help, if not let me know and I will do some research foe you.

Best of travels to you.

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by silbull02 View Post
Not sure this is the right Place but here goes...
I'm New to this AS life and hope to be an owner this Spring. I know I'm not the Only person New to this so I thought I would start a thread for other Newbs so we can possibly learn together! It would be Great to meet up once I have my New to me AS and travel and learn as we go, the old saying, "2 Brains are better than 1" applies here. I live in the Lexington, Ky area but plan on AS Full time starting next June. I'm single with no kids or pets just me, myself, and my TV with AS in tow.
I guess I don't get it. A club for only Newbs who don't have any experience with Airstreams and /or RVing.

My thinking would be just the opposite - learn from those who have the experience and have already made all the mistakes. Maybe it's fun making all the mistakes and learning on your own.

I have found using the Airforums and belonging to a club (WBCCI) of Airstream owners to be invaluable. I don't like recreating the wheel.

Obviously I'm slow as I don't get it.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
I created this Club so other new folks can share there new ideas, revelations, conquests, new places they like that others may want to consider, a place where WE can share without feeling you know, New. Most of us Newbs aren't necessary new to rving just New to the AS World. Myself I have been towing all my life but never a silver Twinkie that I say with affection and look forward to towing my own soon. WooHoo!!!
"One Day Closer To My Dream!" :-)
Retired U.S. Navy
silbull02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
Just an update. I'm still Single and still looking for my New to me AS. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving wherever you are!
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #26
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Thanks Larry, I hope you have a Great Thanksgiving as well. I should take delivery next week of my new unit. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1416947952.945628.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	685.5 KB
ID:	227333

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Old 11-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
Congrats again Nelson you must be on Cloud 9!!! I'm actually looking at Classic myself, since I will be full timing I want all the room I can afford and the Classic fits the bill while feeling homey at the same time. Love the interior and my TV won't break a sweat! Tick Tock Tick stock!
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
LaMarque , Texas
Quote:
Congrats again Nelson you must be on Cloud 9!!! I'm actually looking at Classic myself, since I will be full timing I want all the room I can afford and the Classic fits the bill while feeling homey at the same time. Love the interior and my TV won't break a sweat! Tick Tock Tick stock!
Well how's it going Larry. Bill here and I wanted to wish you and everyone out there in AS Land a great Turkey Day. Also wanted you to sign me up for your club. I'm single and only had my 2014 25 FC twin for about 6 months so this is still new to me and I'm loving it. Bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums silver bp
silverbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #29
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Hey Bill, nice to meet you. We all should plan a campout sometimes.

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Old 11-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #30
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Quote:

Yes it still does not seem real, I will take delivery next week. I had a few things done at the dealer.

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
Hey Bill, good to hear from ya! I'm doing good and one day closer to my Dream! There's tons of good info here that I will be putting into practice one of these days when I bring my Shiny New Baby home! Talk to ya soon and enjoy some Bird!
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
Congrats Nelson, hope to see you down the road.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

, Montana
Hello, I am also single and new and looking to live full time in my travel trailer. I don't have an Airstream, however, I have a 1968 Silver Streak (the kissing cousin). I've just started the remodel of the interior. I was hoping to work on it a little this weekend but it's cold and we just got about 5 inches of snow so I'll have to see how the weekend unfolds! I found there to be a lot of really interesting and helpful people on this site. There is a ton of helpful information too. People have been kind and I appreciate that!
RocketCramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #34
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Thanks Bev, and yes I hope to see you on the road as well. Were you able to contact the Pensacola unit to stay at their campground, that is close to Pencacola? The Canopener Rally is further down the road, (however I'm thinking they are booked) here is that information, if you are in the area and wish to stop. I will not be attending, however i will be on the Mississippi Gulf Coast camping at http://www.mdwfp.com/parks-destinati...ate=mobilePark

Here is the info for the Canopener Rally;

9th Annual Canopener Rally
January 9-11, 2015
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Gregory E. Moore RV Resort
7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459
(850)267-8330

Bev, as always Safe travels

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Old 11-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
Hi nelson, I've been accepted to work on a Habitat for Humanity site in Thibodeaux so they pick the campsite for us but hope to spend some time at the AS park in Pensacola as well.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #36
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Hey Bev, great cause, plus it's a much warmer climate. Lots of history in Terrebonne Parish hope you have a good trip.

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
WBCCI # 5314
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Old 12-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Slidell , Louisiana
Send a message via ICQ to geekgrrrl Send a message via AIM to geekgrrrl Send a message via Skype™ to geekgrrrl
Hi all, since I am a newb I figured I would post this here..... In a nutshell: I am very handy, know how to weld, work with wood, epoxy, electricity/wiring, etc.... with that said. How difficult is it to get the plumbing and electricity back into a gutted AS? I found one cheap, and love the blank slate aspect of it to customize (not that I wouldn't love an all original, but just don't have the money right now). I found one cheap 28 footer, that is gutted except for a sink and tank at the rear where the bathroom should be. I can find toilets, showers, etc all day long - can I get generic appliances into one of these, as long as the fittings are all the right sizing? TOTAL newb, so please forgive me.... I can send pics of the interior, it is blank and smooth walls and flooring, and that is pretty much it... with the one sink/tank and cabinet assembly at the rear. ANy input would be much appreciated. I told my boyfriend I could throw a bed in it, a quick bathroom assembly, and kitchenette easy (I have all the portable stuff for the kitchen) so we could at least have a comfortable sleep and start to use it right away. Am I crazy?

geekgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #38
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgrrrl View Post
Hi all, since I am a newb I figured I would post this here..... In a nutshell: I am very handy, know how to weld, work with wood, epoxy, electricity/wiring, etc.... with that said. How difficult is it to get the plumbing and electricity back into a gutted AS? I found one cheap, and love the blank slate aspect of it to customize (not that I wouldn't love an all original, but just don't have the money right now). I found one cheap 28 footer, that is gutted except for a sink and tank at the rear where the bathroom should be. I can find toilets, showers, etc all day long - can I get generic appliances into one of these, as long as the fittings are all the right sizing? TOTAL newb, so please forgive me.... I can send pics of the interior, it is blank and smooth walls and flooring, and that is pretty much it... with the one sink/tank and cabinet assembly at the rear. ANy input would be much appreciated. I told my boyfriend I could throw a bed in it, a quick bathroom assembly, and kitchenette easy (I have all the portable stuff for the kitchen) so we could at least have a comfortable sleep and start to use it right away. Am I crazy?

That does not constitute an unstable mind, however it's a sure mark of an adventurous Airstreamer !! Good luck on your adventure, it's all about making memories. ENJOY ✨✨

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
WBCCI # 5314
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Old 12-05-2014, 05:09 AM   #39
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgrrrl View Post
I am very handy, know how to weld, work with wood, epoxy, electricity/wiring, etc.... with that said. How difficult is it to get the plumbing and electricity back into a gutted AS?
Shouldn't be all that difficult. The folks at Jackson Center do it with new trailers all the time, and crank out more than one a day.
Quote:
I can find toilets, showers, etc all day long - can I get generic appliances into one of these, as long as the fittings are all the right sizing?
Again, that's what Airstream does. Except for the shell, there is very little in a trailer that is uniquely Airstream. Get to know names like Atwood, Dometic, Thetford, and you'll do fine.
Quote:
I told my boyfriend I could throw a bed in it, a quick bathroom assembly, and kitchenette easy (I have all the portable stuff for the kitchen) so we could at least have a comfortable sleep and start to use it right away. Am I crazy?
Yes, you are crazy. It's called "aluminitis" and it's incurable. Luckily you have the AirForums for online counseling sessions, and you can attend Airstream rallies for group therapy sessions.

An Airstreamer of my acquaintance started using his trailer while it was completely gutted, just shell and floor, treating it much like an aluminum tent. Sleeping bags all around, ice chest, barbecue grill, and parking near the bathhouse for restroom and shower facilities. In fact, he even organized a recurring rally, and those of us who attended multiple editions of the rally got to witness the progress of his renovation at each new rally. The last one I attended, he had almost everything built in, except for appliances and interior doors.

As long as it's roadworthy (axles, tires, hitch, brakes, lights all in good working order, no pieces falling off) you can begin using it right now if that's what strikes your fancy.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:14 AM   #40
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Still there?

If you're interested in forming a club, you could set it up on the forums and take advantage of some of the club tools available. Just click on the "Clubs" tab on the bar near the top of this page.

I think you should also write some general membership qualifications (vintage kin?), and what defines as newb. Do members need to resign after they're not Newbs anymore?

And if you are going to hold rallies, are you going to provide liability insurance? Do you plan to have a charter? Dues?

I'm really NOT trying to rain on your parade. Just be sure you don't create some personal liability if you create a club and something down the road goes askew.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote