Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Question TAC'S tactics

Why would the founder of tac continually post in the Wbcci lawsuit thread in a negative manner?

Tac was started to break away from the Wbcci

Is this posting done as a recruitment tactic?

Why would someone that has no dog in that fight keep posting in there,
I think the founding person of a group that dislikes WBCCI and starts a new group that has successfully recruited <300 members out of 6,000 would be satisfied and put his time into growing his own club that in it stage of growth needs help is mis directed and unethical.

here's one of Frank's posts in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
three questions:

Has anyone counted how many people have posted to this thread? Take me, Hamp, Gene, Silver twink, pm clemore, and Rob out of the count, for we are those dreaded "non members with no pony in this show". Don't forget Leo, he is a non member too, though he wants his pony back in for some odd(to me at least) reason... How many individuals ya got there?

and...

Does that constitute a sweeping majority pushing this forward?

and ....

Does the NY Metro Unit REALLY have 100% support within it's ranks for this suit, or are there some disgusted by what is being forced upon them?
Why on earth is that info needed by TAC?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Bob I was very active in my short stint in the Club you are suing to save. I found it did not fulfill my needs from an Airstreamers club. And last I checked, there were no laws about having an opinion.

My questions are extremely valid and now that you have taken them out of context perhaps you will answer them now that you have taken them to another thread.

Have you counted the number of posters to your law suit thread? You should, others have by now and are maybe a little surprised by how few are actually showing support here on this forum. You might also find that the same people commenting on the law suit thread comment on EVERY thread about the club with Mr Byams name in it.

Every discussion about the Club with Mr Byam's name in it has becomes instantly toxic.

Quite often a small vocal group thinks it has more force behind it than it really does. That is what I am pointing out to you. You are playing high stakes poker. And when they say "fold" if you are holding a hand full of junk you will loose even if you bluff like a pro.

You are welcome to say what ever you want about me. You should realize though that anyone that knows me, knows me in the flesh, knows that I am as genuine as they come.

So now. How about addressing the sincere questions I asked? Perhaps just the last one... Does the NY Metro Unit REALLY have 100% support within it's ranks for this suit, or are there some disgusted by what is being forced upon them?

The Airstreamer's Club does it's recruiting though giving each member exactly what it wants. Come to one of our events and you will better understand just what I am talking about. You are always welcome.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
So now. How about addressing the sincere questions I asked? Perhaps just the last one... Does the NY Metro Unit REALLY have 100% support within it's ranks for this suit, or are there some disgusted by what is being forced upon them?.
So why does Tac need to or want to know this?

Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Let's just go camping...shall we?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
So why does Tac need to or want to know this?
The Airstreamer's Club is not asking, I am asking as an individual. Last I checked I was my own person and really only speak for me. The statement was made that the NY Metro was pledging $2000. Do all the members agree that is the way to go? The Club could just revoke your charter and then all those not in agreement with your actions might be left out on the door step. That is why I, me, myself, am asking this question. I think it a very valid one in a discussion thread of raising the funds to then sue the same club into compliance with what is (possibly) not a majority.

Went camping this weekend. It was a blast!!!! WBers, TACers, members of neither. Everyone at the gathering had an excellent time.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Wink

Really????

you signed the post

"Frank Yensan The Airstreamer's Club MD-1 founding member"

Looks like the tacky's are asking to me???

In the future I suggest you delete your signature when speaking for yourself v. the club.

Quote:
The Airstreamer's Club is not asking, I am asking as an individual. Last I checked I was my own person and really only speak for me. The statement was made that the NY Metro was pledging $2000. Do all the members agree that is the way to go? The Club could just revoke your charter and then all those not in agreement with your actions might be left out on the door step. That is why I, me, myself, am asking this question. I think it a very valid one in a discussion thread of raising the funds to then sue the same club into compliance with what is (possibly) not a majority.
It wasn't a pledge .
As to your or Tac's question I'll run that by our legal team to see if a public reply would be appropriate.
I say that being mindful the IBT's board members are reading this.

Quote:
Went camping this weekend. It was a blast!!!! WBers, TACers, members of neither. Everyone at the gathering had an excellent time.
yep, out of 6,000 WBCCI members none are having fun

Each unit makes their own camping fun, Metro had a great spring rally recently.
We are doing Fort Schuyler this weekend and the Poconos next month.

We intend to be miserable and not have fun, out of about 65,000 registered Airstreams only Tac has fun, because of this (being the best thing since sliced bread) how many members do you have 285??

If it was so great you should have had thousands, you don't.

Have fun, we will too, it not exclusive to Tackies.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Cheesy Petes...getting touchy are we? You have fun...we have fun...we will all have fun. I believe there is enough room for all of us on this planet.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
In a related story Feces-throwing monkey on the loose in Tampa Bay // Current

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Old 06-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #9

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
<< Mod Mode >>

A reminder of the community policies about keeping threads on topic.

• Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
  • Do not post the same discussion more than once or in many forums.
The title of this thread is not about the disclosure of information related to any intended litigation, real or otherwise. That subject is well covered in another thread.

This thread is now closed and a link tot the Community Polices thread is listed below.

Airstream Forums - Airstream Owners Community- Community Rules

Thanks for your participation.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Closed Thread