Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Yes, your OP was basically a question: Is TAC sufficiently different from Airforums? (I'm paraphrasing.) I feel that this is a significant question, hence my agreement. And in answer to that question, my feeling is that there is not enough significant difference, at least for now.

Note that the question dealing with Airforums and TAC is not about the WBCCI and should not be confused with any questions or comparisons to that club.

Lynn
Hi Lynn:
I an sorry if I am failing to get your point. How can you not see the difference between Airforums and TAC. Airforums is owned by Andy R and not by TAC. Forums are the median form of communication to all Airstreamer's without being questioned which club they may be associated with. For as long you are a Forums member, you may post for as long it is clean and acceptable to our community. It is not a WBCCI who owns forums, it is Andy R.

What I also do not understand is your eagerness to criticize something which has not had a chance to evolve. You are prematurely underestimating the power of willingness. This great Country of ours was not built on negativity but but on willingness to make sacrifices for the common cause. What makes you think that people who get a taste of enjoyment out of camping with the new club without pressure of formalities will not make sacrifices?

It is time for a "Chill Pill" until the camping season begins. Let the cover cloth come down before we can begin to judge the picture. Thanks, "Boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Folks quit trying to make sense out of this, because it is time for nonsense and I agree, Take a chill pill.

Brian
Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
The Only differences I can see between forums and TAC is AIR is communication and information and TAC is fer campin and fun. I think they go hand in hand. Partners as it were.We need em both.
SOUND LOGICAL
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
Having a club where you make arrangements via cell phone doesn't make it a "cell phone club." As amply noted, Airforums is just a medium of communication. And it get used for all sorts of communication... which is all to the benefit of its owner, because traffic = ad revenues. As a free market guy, I think that's a good thing.

I'll return to my earlier point as well. Airforums has moderators; TAC doesn't. It's my sense that TAC appeals to those of us who are, well, less "structure oriented." Eventually, TAc may evolve into having its own web presence. If this occurs, I suspect it will have limited moderation... in keeping with the general ethos of the club.

At this moment, TAC doesn't cost anything. There are no "Robert's Rule of Orders," rule books, badges, hats or secret decoder rings. When it comes to social clubs, that's about the level of structure I prefer. So, I'm content to participate, communicate, share and rabble rouse while TAC evolves. In fact, I like the evolutionary nature, the possibility of change, spontaneity, etc. What's different about TAC is that no one knows quite what it is yet.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
For years I have been going to more forum rallies than WBCCI rallies. I am surprised to learn with the advent of TAC that now we can just plan rallies and meet together for free...well newsflash we have been doing that for years! And now Air Forums is considered for internet communications and not for rallies? Well it is for rallies and has had quite a good track record especially here in Michigan and Ohio, not to mention Florida's Can Opener. Perhaps someone would like to ressurrect "the best forums rally" threads to remind members that long before TAC was a gleam in Rob and Frank's eyes Air Forums was getting her done and will still continue to do so. Sure there's room for more clubs ...but just don't relegate Air Forums to only being a forum and not a club because TAC wants to have the scoop on the whole business. Nope. Forum rallies were here first and they haven't dried up and become obsolete even with TAC's current thunder.

Already people are jumping the gun and even creating dialog of negativity all in answer to questions. I go with the others that say just breathe...and chill and act responsibly and drive carefully.LOL

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
Having a club where you make arrangements via cell phone doesn't make it a "cell phone club." As amply noted, Airforums is just a medium of communication. And it get used for all sorts of communication... which is all to the benefit of its owner, because traffic = ad revenues. As a free market guy, I think that's a good thing.

I'll return to my earlier point as well. Airforums has moderators; TAC doesn't. It's my sense that TAC appeals to those of us who are, well, less "structure oriented." Eventually, TAc may evolve into having its own web presence. If this occurs, I suspect it will have limited moderation... in keeping with the general ethos of the club.

At this moment, TAC doesn't cost anything. There are no "Robert's Rule of Orders," rule books, badges, hats or secret decoder rings. When it comes to social clubs, that's about the level of structure I prefer. So, I'm content to participate, communicate, share and rabble rouse while TAC evolves. In fact, I like the evolutionary nature, the possibility of change, spontaneity, etc. What's different about TAC is that no one knows quite what it is yet.
I guess I'll post this again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverleeper View Post
If TAC was a forum it would have moderators....

TAC uses this forum to communicate, promote and organize it's rallies.

Airforums.com has never been a camping club although there has been talk to having it become that.

Airforums.com as it stands right now is just a forum and nothing more.

Airforum Rallies is just a get together of the members of Airforums.com and who ever else whats to join in for some socializing and camping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
I saw your response, Lee, but didn't really understand it. You said if TAC were a forum, there would be moderators. I respectfully disagree. In fact, I think one of the primary reasons behind TAC is the desire for an Airstream club without "moderators." One of the challenges (and strengths) of TAC is the iconoclastic and independent members it will inevitably attract. Will the lack of structure and traditional "command-and-control" hierarchy work?

As for the avatar, the cartoon looked pretty "Victor/Victoria" to me and "Lee" is not a gender-specific name. Sorry that I guessed wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverleeper View Post
Then I guess we are both in the same boat. I'm a bit lost by your response too.

No need to explain... I probably won't get it anyway.
I still don't see your point.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 AM   #47
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
why is it ALWAYS us verses them? Someone always feels the need to call it that...

Once again, for many. Carol too...
The Airstreamer's Club is an Airforums Club. The Airstreamer's Club is listed under Clubs & Groups at the top of the page. No one is stealing members from this forum. No one is making any claims of doing anything new here. No one, as accused, is changing anything from the current system. Andy R asked us to form and list our social network within the Airforums and we did.

Why the constant creating issues that do not exist, I do not know. I guess stirring things up so argumentative debate can exist, is important to some.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I was responding to people who say Air Forums is for communication and information and not a club.

You think my post is negative? Funny you should say that, that is the kind of attitude I did refer to. Well it isn't Frank. Don't be so sensitive.

photography
Old 03-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #49
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Social Knowledge® was founded to foster online communities, sites where people with similar interests connect to harness the distributed expertise of the members. The heart of online knowledge sharing communities are the members who interact through technology. The participants collaborate and manage their community while constantly providing feedback that is used to shape and extend the features of each Social Knowledge Network™

In reading that mission statement, it looks to me that the Airstreamer's Club is doing exactly as the Airforums founder envisioned.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Perhaps the thread should be renamed to..."POST-Are you Different?"

Wow Frank I barely recognize your post #48 to me. That's not how your post read at all! For continuity's sake I should have quoted your remarks so that my reply to you would make more sense in this thread. Oh well...

photography
Old 03-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
My goodness, all a tempest in a pot of tea as they say.

TAC is a Club. Says so in the name.

AirForums is a Forum. Says so in the name.

Much ado about nothing.
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
Peralta , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
My goodness, all a tempest in a pot of tea as they say.

TAC is a Club. Says so in the name.

AirForums is a Forum. Says so in the name.

Much ado about nothing.

'nuff said.

can we go camping now?
TAC's unofficial KARAOKE Provider
DD.KARAOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Touche' Hahaha. You guys are lost. This is a forums discussion thread. You are looking for camping, you want to find your group and look in the club rallies.

photography
Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 AM   #54
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”
Old 03-16-2010, 05:07 AM   #55
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Is that original, or do you wanna put an attribution on it?

-Bilbo Braggins
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #56
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
Is that original, or do you wanna put an attribution on it?

-Bilbo Braggins
No, I think most people know exactly who it is and those that do not might learn something by investigating it...
Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
For years I have been going to more forum rallies than WBCCI rallies. I am surprised to learn with the advent of TAC that now we can just plan rallies and meet together for free...well newsflash we have been doing that for years! And now Air Forums is considered for internet communications and not for rallies? Well it is for rallies and has had quite a good track record especially here in Michigan and Ohio, not to mention Florida's Can Opener. Perhaps someone would like to resurrect "the best forums rally" threads to remind members that long before TAC was a gleam in Rob and Frank's eyes Air Forums was getting her done and will still continue to do so. Sure there's room for more clubs ...but just don't relegate Air Forums to only being a forum and not a club because TAC wants to have the scoop on the whole business. Nope. Forum rallies were here first and they haven't dried up and become obsolete even with TAC's current thunder.
Carol,

This is the best way I think anyone could have put it. Every forum event I attend or host is open to everyone, doesn't have rules or strict organization, and is all about fun.

While there are other "Airforum Clubs", you won't see me towing around my trailer with a sticker stating AM-1 for "AIR Midwest. It is a forum's club, and the forum has their own numbers. I feel numbers are an unnecessary part or organization whatever the club. Numerous times have I run across other Airstream owners with or without my trailer, and I have never let numbers or the lack of numbers from saying hello, finding out where they were from, etc. Just having a love for Airstream is what brings everyone together.

Steve
Old 03-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Rally?

Maybe the problem is calling "just camping together" a rally.

The word rally doesn't seem laid back enough.

Definitions of rally on the Web:
  • beat up: gather; "drum up support"
  • a large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm
  • call up: call to arms; of military personnel
  • the feat of mustering strength for a renewed effort; "he singled to start a rally in the 9th inning"; "he feared the rallying of their troops for a counterattack"
  • muster: gather or bring together; "muster the courage to do something"; "she rallied her intellect"; "Summon all your courage"
  • a marked recovery of strength or spirits during an illness
  • return to a former condition; "The jilted lover soon rallied and found new friends"; "The stock market rallied"
  • an automobile race run over public roads
  • tease: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
  • (sports) an unbroken sequence of several successive strokes; "after a short rally Connors won the point"
Maybe a new word should be coined.

Since TAC is an acronym. tac could be used as a word, either a verb or a noun depending on context.

For examble:

Does any one want to tac at the blue SP - verb

Let's have a tac at Red SP - Noun

Regards,
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #59
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
'Just camping together' is really long in print........ as the resident rally event ad maker I'm adding my 2 cents for brevity
Attached Images

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”
Damn, I though these were Led Zepplin lyrics. Glitter, gold, Robert Plant....

Based on timing I expect the the first ever joint WBCCI / AirForums / TAC Rally will happen here...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...tml#post825813

I wouldn't miss it for the world. Easy to say as I was already planning on being in the area.