Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #481
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1977 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 28
1977 28' Argosy 28
Mystic , Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to woodysdad
don't forget the tattoo on the back of the neck!
woodysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #482
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Ok I do can the secret handshake but my wife will have to do the tattoo on the back of the neck. I can deal with a break from seriousness... that is why we camp and support the local adult beverage vendors.
MRHottinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #483
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Oh did some forget to inform you that we are a dry club.....you bring the beverages and we drink you dry
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #484
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Dry Club...

I think I have found heaven.... I have been know to drink a few campers dry so I am up to the challenge. Always have a selection available because you dont know what you may eat, or what kind of people you may meet. You know it is a great time when you have spent more on beverages than food. Oh and the food around the campground is always awesome.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #485
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Okay folks, Cheer leader hat on....

WE NEED SOME GATHERINGS. Please, please, people step up and host something.
The Birthday Bash is in full planning mode as you read this. We are going to announce a venue very soon.
I am also planning a small gathering for September and October somewhere here in the Central Mid Atlantic region. This won't be a big blow out, just a casual get together. A weekend at Knoeble's Park might be for one or both of them.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #486
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post

The Birthday Bash is in full planning mode as you read this. We are going to announce a venue very soon. . . .
Frank: I don't own any property for a BASH type rally but if someone in northern Arizona, southern Utah, southern Colorado or even central/southern California owns property and wants to do a rally for next spring my wife and I will be glad to help out. We helped with a region rally in the other club and all worked out well. I'm not sure how many TAC members are out West and within a reasonable distance.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #487
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:

The Birthday Bash is in full planning mode as you read this. We are going to announce a venue very soon.
I am also planning a small gathering for September and October somewhere here in the Central Mid Atlantic region. This won't be a big blow out, just a casual get together. A weekend at Knoeble's Park might be for one or both of them.
Frank, you don't know much much I want to have a TAC Ohio rally. In the wake of the Bash, any local rally will pale in comparison so I'm almost hesitant to come up with something. I think an Ohio rally (with me as the primary planner) is a few years off. If other Ohio TAC members want to step forward as #1, I'll gladly assist right now.

I've never heard of Knoebels before. I checked out the website. The place looks great! I'm not sure how the splash park would be in October, but maybe water is just something to skip at that time of year. Anyway, we were thinking of doing a long weekend camping trip the weekend of Labor Day, but nothing's nailed down for sure. If you can pull it together for then, then maybe we'll join in.

One of our other thoughts for the Labor Day weekend was to go to Colonial Williamsburg, VA. AKA The Historic Triangle. Andrea is somewhat of a fanatic, I just go for the camping. We were there in April this year camping alone and it was pretty good. We camped on the south side of the James River in a state park which served well enough but we checked out the Newport News City Campground while in the area and I think it's the next place for us. Surprisingly it's quite wooded and rustic despite being in the city! There's plenty of other stuff in the area such as Busch Gardens and Virginia Beach. Honestly, one can spend days just doing the historic stuff. Anyone have interest in this for Labor Day? If so maybe I'll spearhead it and make it a bit more official.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #488
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
Raa

Quote:

Next weekend!
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...lly-63887.html
Old 07-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #489
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Thready thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
I'm really confused. TAC doesn't have those rules.

Scrap-Irony, was that post meant for another thread? Seems like a non sequitir here?
You folks do realize that this is NOT a TAC thread, but a thread TAC is allowed to use...??? I have realities that I have to comply with...one of them is that it truly is a privilege to access the forums with my viewpoints...I have chosen to remain with WBCCI because it is MY ACCESS TO 4CU, and I believe that 4CU is the answer to more than a few WBCCI problems...it is not as fast an answer as I would like, but it is an answer, and better than anything else I have seen...mostly, the forums has been a source of really good technical information...many times it has been amusing...opinions are also welcomed...but telling me that my opinions are misplaced is the purpose of a moderator, and affrontable to me, personally...having said that, "pull down yer pants and slide on the ice"...one of the best quotes to come out of M*A*S*H...I really don't have any ill-will against any of us Airstreamers, and you really CAN park in my driveway, anytime I'm here...I'll plug you in and water you up.m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:32 AM   #490
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
Latest TAC member from Texas - so new I don't have a number yet. As long as I'm not given TX-13, I'm happy :P

I'm thinking seriously of organizing a trip up Natchez Trace - 444 miles of countryside in a single national park running from Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN. There are three free campsites on the route, for boondockers, and many full service sites with hook-ups nearby. I was thinking of doing it in October next year, to catch the leaves in fall colors, and because the free spots are usually more available.

We can bounce ideas around here, and once we have a core group of people, we can start a new thread.
Dave Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #491
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Park View Post
I'm thinking seriously of organizing a trip up Natchez Trace - 444 miles of countryside in a single national park running from Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN. There are three free campsites on the route, for boondockers, and many full service sites with hook-ups nearby. I was thinking of doing it in October next year, to catch the leaves in fall colors, and because the free spots are usually more available.

We can bounce ideas around here, and once we have a core group of people, we can start a new thread.
Now that sounds cool. We (my family) would have to plan well in advance due to having to travel a day or two just to get to the start point and then a day, day & a half to get home from the end. But sounds like a great idea at this point.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #492
1 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Nicholasvolle , Kentucky
10 of us went down the trace last year in September, wonderful trip, lots of things to see and do, take your time a week or more, take lots of side trips to the surrounding areas, you can easily spend two weeks, lots to see and do
maych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #493
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHottinger View Post
Ok so this membership is free has no restrictions and such.... So how does a new GA Airstreamer find out what member number I am or do I just guess, maybe its magic , or do we hold our breath 'til we pass out and the last number we count before we black out is the number. We are glad to have this forum as it is helping us dive right into the AS life.

We have had the trailer for less than a week it we have spent 5 days by myself and 3 with the wife along. Cant wait to meeting other AS people. We are friends with 2 families already and a 3rd I met online informed me they know people we know from our previous camper life. We have 5 weekend trips planned going forward and I think we will pull it from Atlanta to Seattle for our Daughters wedding in November. What TAC GA number can I have?????
Good grief, hasn't everybody had enough of this "number crap" such as WBBCI?
I know who I am, and sure as hell, don't have to have a number to remind me....can't anybody simply have fun any more?
We have just completed an Alaskan trip, saw a lot of Airstreams, and very interesting, there were more of them that DID NOT have WBCCI numbers than did have the red attrocities pasted to the front and rear of their units....
Just an observation, but it sure told us something.
Larry
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 AM   #494
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Larry, Many members of the Club with Mr. Byam's name in it do not fly their numbers. The reason I hear for this is they do not want to ruin the skin of their trailer. I think just because you do not see any numbers is not a direct correlation that it is owned by a non "B" member. It might be someone running bald.
There is also no requirement for a TAC member to fly his or hers numbers either. Most everyone that has joined loves having a number to identify them. People seem very proud of their number. The nature of the TAC is for you to make the rules you want to follow. If you want no number, then you get no number. If you want a number significant to you, then that can be done also. It is totally up to the member and what they want.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #495
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
I like my number and have it proudly on my Argosy. Why??? I really could not tell you the exact reason. However, I look at it as a way to promote the new club and for other TAC members to know that we are members as well. This club is in it infancy and could use all the promotion that it could get....IF it is to become a true alternative/addition to the other club.
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #496
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Numbers

And green to boot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_03_28_0022.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	107799  
Old 07-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #497
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
The only reason I see for the numbers is so we can look in the directory and see who owns that really awesome A/S we saw. Not putting the number on is a privacy guard like being unlisted.

When will the TAC website start having content?

When will the TAC magazine start looking like a magazine? I have done magazine typesetting and think a well laid out magazine with great contact is a big part of any venture's success. Who does the magazine now? Would you like some layout help?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #498
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry C View Post
Good grief, hasn't everybody had enough of this "number crap" such as WBBCI?
I know who I am, and sure as hell, don't have to have a number to remind me....can't anybody simply have fun any more?
We have just completed an Alaskan trip, saw a lot of Airstreams, and very interesting, there were more of them that DID NOT have WBCCI numbers than did have the red attrocities pasted to the front and rear of their units....
Just an observation, but it sure told us something.
Larry
Well Larry, Why??? Because I can and I want it. not anybody place to question why anybody wants it. It is not right for a person to pressure, coercce or intimidate anybody to do something, we have numbers under our own free will because we asked for them. It is a number, it doesn't say who you are and if you are defined by a number then... well I will let the people with opinions finish that. I number only identifies you. As I type this I am sitting in my Airstream at the Top of Georgia Airtream park, allowed only because we are WBCCI members. This, by the way, has been an incredible experience and the people at TOG have been some of the nicest people we have encountered. Our AS will not have the numbers on the skin because it has been polished and needs done again and the numbers on the skin will make this upkeep a hassle. If you knew anything about our history you would know until we purchased the AS we camped in a p-up and did so 1/3 the weekends of a year for 8 years. We love state parks and COE campgrounds and spend most of our time there with good freinds. Camping to us is all about fun but I guess the request of a number or the signing up in WBCCI changes all of this. Wow... it going to suck to have to be serious now that we have an Airstream. Just kidding... Bring on the fun. We love our Airstream and talking to people that stop by just to see it or talk about one they had growing up as a kid. We love to stop by other peoples Airstreams and see what they have done and dream of what we can do to ours.

Have fun and live free.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07292010 Top of Georgia 001 (Medium).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	107830  
1980 31' Excella II
2003 Silverado HD Crew Cab

"We must become the change we want to see."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #499
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
If we're going to write in boldface now, why not italics and underline too?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #500
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
If we're going to write in boldface now, why not italics and underline too?

Gene
I demand PINK!