Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #461
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
Macau, Montreal....Midontknow...
New Orleans...North Virginia...Nevermind...

(MS-2 probably going 2 b the first TAC member kicked out...)
I didn't know you could actually be kicked OUT of TAC...how does THAT work...?...must be an aversion based on lack of conformity engendered from a disregard of conformity anchored in conformity of all things lacking in conformity...of course, I could be just another non-conformist, but that might be redundant...anyone wanna go campin'??? Silverton. CO, summer 2010, driveway that's...well...campin'...120/water/dump is 1 1/2 blocks away for $5, propane was $2/gal last fill...PM us...4th is taken(2-3 spots), but we have places to steer ya'...where are ya"???m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #462
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Now that you mention it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I glanced through the 2nd newsletter and see that we don't have all 50 states represented YET.

I noticed Arkansas and Idaho didn't have TAC members so if you know anyone from there, recruit them.

What other states are missing? This is a GEOGRAPHY TEST... in alphabetical order (Hint there are 8 states that start with "M" and 8 that start with "N").

Paula
I'm originally from 'Merica...doesn't that count for an "M", or at least a state of mind...???...if I recollect correctly, there are provinces and parishes and other collective designations involved in this place of mind...just waggin' the dog with my tale...m
Old 07-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #463
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
......anyone wanna go campin'??? Silverton. CO, summer 2010, driveway that's...well...campin'...120/water/dump is 1 1/2 blocks away for $5, propane was $2/gal last fill...PM us...4th is taken(2-3 spots), but we have places to steer ya'...where are ya"???m
Aww dude...ya'll are on the far side of the 'hump or we'd loop by in late AUG...the misses loves hills as long as we are lookin' UP at them - not down from them...

TAC MS-2 flatlanders....
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #464
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
Aww dude...ya'll are on the far side of the 'hump or we'd loop by in late AUG...the misses loves hills as long as we are lookin' UP at them - not down from them...

TAC MS-2 flatlanders....
Well, we just got back from ScrapIrony-2's driveway for the 4th, and in Silverton you are looking UP at the hills (from 9,300 +/- ft or so). It is just that you have to get over 'em to get there.

Howard

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #465
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Another rally...??? well, ok...

9,318 ft, to be exact...but, hey, once yer here...
Reminder that Q-4 T-3 (Quartzsite-4 Thanksgiving-3) rally is gonna happen...WBCCI rules limit our 'buddy' rally events per year, but if you ARE a WBCCI member, I will pony up your first year's membership dues to 4CU(associate OR full member-$1)...if not WBCCI, well, it's a BIG desert, and there are NO restrictions as to where in it you park...should that happen to be next to or amongst other aluminum thingies, so be it...friendship, food, firewood, campin' wit' th' homefolk...no rally fee, but folks generally bring what they can(sometimes turkeys and libations)...will post more as the time nears...it's a boondock affair, but the requisite amenities are available in town(4-5 miles).
Old 07-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #466
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Cool ...who knows, Maggie and I might make it!

Quote:
9,318 ft, to be exact...but, hey, once yer here...
Reminder that Q-4 T-3 (Quartzsite-4 Thanksgiving-3) rally is gonna happen...WBCCI rules limit our 'buddy' rally events per year, but if you ARE a WBCCI member, I will pony up your first year's membership dues to 4CU(associate OR full member-$1)...if not WBCCI, well, it's a BIG desert, and there are NO restrictions as to where in it you park...should that happen to be next to or amongst other aluminum thingies, so be it...friendship, food, firewood, campin' wit' th' homefolk...no rally fee, but folks generally bring what they can(sometimes turkeys and libations)...will post more as the time nears...it's a boondock affair, but the requisite amenities are available in town(4-5 miles).
Hey, Mike:

Although I'm back here in the UAE for what is expected to be an entire year, things can change in the Arab world. Daily. Anyhow, if we're CONUS for Thanksgiving this year, count us in!

Sure had a blast last year playing desert golf with you and Richard. I've now made a space for our clubs in the back locker. Maggie's a golfer too, we use punctured tennis balls for some of our golf games... Works great.

Happy "belated" Independence Day, brother. Best to Tracy!

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #467
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Recruiting for TAC

The week of July 5, 2010 while dry camping at DeMotte CG just north of the entrance of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon N.P. we met two very nice people, Mike and Diane who are full timers. I never did get their last name. She told me she does read "Airforums." I explained the TAC club etc. They sounded interested as they had spent some 14 years in the other club and left. Below is a photo of my rig and their's in the background. She also mentioned they met M&M from Cape Cod, MA who attended the Q3, T2 at Quartzsite, AZ this past November. Mike & Diane are you there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_07_07_0414.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	106755  
Old 07-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #468
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Well.mike&tracy are...we co-hosted Q3T2(and will do the Q4T3) with about 30 or so other folks...come as you are, do as you wish, leave the politics behind, but bring firewood!!!Gotta love a turkey!!! Oh, yeah, it's a no fee area...m
Old 07-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #469
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Tipping one to you...ok, ok...maybe a couple...

Praying for CONUS, and I'm not even sure what that is...just know it sounds good for you, and that's good for us...give the wife a backrub, and scritches to the kids...see you down the road...m
Fireworks were awesome in Silverton...hanging the flag proudly, and for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAB View Post
Hey, Mike:

Although I'm back here in the UAE for what is expected to be an entire year, things can change in the Arab world. Daily. Anyhow, if we're CONUS for Thanksgiving this year, count us in!

Sure had a blast last year playing desert golf with you and Richard. I've now made a space for our clubs in the back locker. Maggie's a golfer too, we use punctured tennis balls for some of our golf games... Works great.

Happy "belated" Independence Day, brother. Best to Tracy!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #470
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Well.mike&tracy are...we co-hosted Q3T2(and will do the Q4T3) with about 30 or so other folks...come as you are, do as you wish, leave the politics behind, but bring firewood!!!Gotta love a turkey!!! Oh, yeah, it's a no fee area...m
Mike; I did not intend to put politics in the mix, just an observation, enough said. Will the location for Q4T3 be the same as last year?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #471
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Quote:
Praying for CONUS, and I'm not even sure what that is...just know it sounds good for you, and that's good for us...
CONUS is the government term for being in the CONtinetal US. MaxAB is OCONUS at this time (Outside CONtinental US). I hear this from my daughter all the time. Good news she is in the Coast Guard so she is in the US most of the time... Alaska and Hawaii are considered OCONUS though. I told her it seems unfair to get paid more for living in an island paradise.
MRHottinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #472
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Are there any plans to have more TAC Flags made? If so I'm interested.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:16 AM   #473
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1977 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 28
1977 28' Argosy 28
Mystic , Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to woodysdad
YES, YES, YES I am now taking orders for the TAC flags cost is $75 (includes postage to anywhere in north america contact me here or by pm, thanks martin
TAC CAN-1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1912.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	107131  
woodysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #474
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Do they make the check out directly to the Green Pickle. :-0
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #475
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Thanks to all for their input...being ignorant is a full-time job, and since we retired, it's been time and a half without...uhm...what ARE those things...??? oh, yeah...'benefits'...!!!the carrot is gettin' closer, the string longer, and the distance ain't changin'...
OK, rules for T3Q4 have slightly changed...ya gotta own an AS, ya gotta express an interest in WBCCI, and ya gotta come as an interested person in 4CU, as this is a 4CU sponsored event...4CU is, well, 4CU...hard to beat that kind of reputation...I will personally write the $1 cost for membership/associate membership for the first year...you won't regret it, and the benefit of belonging to the finest unit in the organization is well worth the investment...I know, Saint Michael...again...tho' Trailer Trash Queen is quite adequate...PLEASE...no politics...bring a sassy attitude, firewood and internal fuel, a willingness to be bored with neat folks, and a golf club or two...I'll have several challenged extras, as will other folks...
Desert golf rules: Ya gotta be able to initially see and somewhat focus on the cactus target...Ya gotta have a club and at least 4 balls as back-up(extras will be available...somewhere)...Ya gotta swing and go AWAY from the aluminum...the other rules will develop with the terrain and the demeanor of the group...challenging course, as it changes with focus...a trip to the margiball and 4CU secret handshake will make things easier...I know, I know...it could be confusing, but whether or not you understand it, you will...see you in November...mike&tracy
Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 AM   #476
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
no rule change here... anyone is welcome and no membership is required. Perhaps you missed this was a TAC thread.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #477
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I'm really confused. TAC doesn't have those rules.

Scrap-Irony, was that post meant for another thread? Seems like a non sequitir here?
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #478
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Member Number

Ok so this membership is free has no restrictions and such.... So how does a new GA Airstreamer find out what member number I am or do I just guess, maybe its magic , or do we hold our breath 'til we pass out and the last number we count before we black out is the number. We are glad to have this forum as it is helping us dive right into the AS life.

We have had the trailer for less than a week it we have spent 5 days by myself and 3 with the wife along. Cant wait to meeting other AS people. We are friends with 2 families already and a 3rd I met online informed me they know people we know from our previous camper life. We have 5 weekend trips planned going forward and I think we will pull it from Atlanta to Seattle for our Daughters wedding in November. What TAC GA number can I have?????
MRHottinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #479
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
MR', go to the top of the page and on the left side there's a blue stripe and "Clubs and Groups". Click on it. The last group listed is TAC. Click on it and you will get to a dead end. This should be updated so they can join this way.

Then contact robandzoe sending a private message. His last post is #455 above. Click on Forum name and you will be lead to a place to send that message. He will assign a number magically as he is the wizard.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #480
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRHottinger View Post
Ok so this membership is free has no restrictions and such.... So how does a new GA Airstreamer find out what member number I am or do I just guess, maybe its magic , or do we hold our breath 'til we pass out and the last number we count before we black out is the number. We are glad to have this forum as it is helping us dive right into the AS life.

We have had the trailer for less than a week it we have spent 5 days by myself and 3 with the wife along. Cant wait to meeting other AS people. We are friends with 2 families already and a 3rd I met online informed me they know people we know from our previous camper life. We have 5 weekend trips planned going forward and I think we will pull it from Atlanta to Seattle for our Daughters wedding in November. What TAC GA number can I have?????
Welcome to Airstreaming!
With acess to you TAC number you have to learn the secret handshake...no seriously the club is for fun- so just use you regular handshake!
Oops I'm wrong again, we are only serious about having fun.
If in Iowa next weekend, stop by our TAC rally!
Welcome!!