Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
90 days is pretty generous in my opinion. I can always find something at CW that I have absolutely no use for to bring home. 🤑

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
. . . I can always find something at CW that I have absolutely no use for to bring home. ��
Yeah, but we can talk about our useless purchases, or even argue about them!

Thus, they are useful?

PS -- I have a room full of them waiting to be cleaned out for Spring! How about the hardware store? I should own stock in my local one -- almost a daily trip to get something!
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Heck, only one trip a day. Any project takes at least three.😜

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 09-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
I can understand how whitelaker (OP) feels. I also visited a CW immediately upon buying an AS and they offered me a $25 certificate if I joined for two years. No mention was made of an expiration date.
When the certificate arrived in the mail...it was already expired!

While it may be true that the onus is upon the buyer to "read the fine print", .... the long-term reputation of anyone who is even slightly misleading... will not soon be forgotten.

I agree, it was "shifty".

Now, whenever I see the Good Sam logo, I read the fine print, and I hold them accountable for their sales-promises. (Most of my business with them is thru CW parts or campsite discounts.... which are are the same discounts available thru AARP.)

(P.S.- The insurance advertisements they send me are also misleading. They continually imply my regular auto-insurer will not "cover me" like Good Sam will, nor provide the same benefits. That is not correct. In fact, my State Farm agent provided me with the contact of the underwriter who, it turns out, is the same underwriter Good Sam quoted.... but for the same premium and same coverage I have a deductible half of the GS policy.)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:48 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
A few weeks ago I bought a chair from CW. Today I received a voucher for $25 as a think you. Expiration date is Dec 31st. I love free stuff especially money.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:19 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
My positive takeaway from this conversation is that the GS membership is much cheaper at a CW retail shop than straight from GS online! (winning - I'm more concerned over roadside assistance than ins. And I am about 20 years shy of AARP! LOL)

And yes, I have let many CW gift cards expire... Just LESS crud I have to tow around!

Ahh, 1st world problems at their finest.
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
My positive takeaway from this conversation is that the GS membership is much cheaper at a CW retail shop than straight from GS online! (winning - I'm more concerned over roadside assistance than ins. And I am about 20 years shy of AARP! LOL)

And yes, I have let many CW gift cards expire... Just LESS crud I have to tow around!

Ahh, 1st world problems at their finest.
Not necessarily. If you call there may be unadvertised specials for membership and roadside service.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Calgary , Alberta
We bought our AS from Camping World and used a 25 dollar renewal certificate at the store. They also gave us the online prices on everything we needed to buy to get it home. Couple of weeks after arriving home, we were surprised with a tin container of chocolate chip cookies to say thanks. Understand the frustration, but CW treated us great throughout the deal!
Poodle and two cats!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:32 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Now that Marcus has purchased Overtons and Gander Mountain, maybe one will get to use the Good Sam certificates there too. One BIG happy family.
mj
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:08 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
Now that Marcus has purchased Overtons and Gander Mountain, maybe one will get to use the Good Sam certificates there too. One BIG happy family.
mj
In an interview he made a comment about combining the benefits. We will have to wait until the merger is complete before finding out all the details.