Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
Los Angeles , California
Pan America ramp windscreen.

Hello all,

I am currently overseeing the modification of a new Pan America and am looking for an elegant/simple solution for some flaps or a tent to go over the rear ramp which would keep warm air in the winter and cool air in summer.

I will take some photos of our project later in the week and look forward to sharing them with all of you. I have been lurking on your site for weeks and it is a wealth of information.

Best,
Aether (matt)
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
Hello all,

I am currently overseeing the modification of a new Pan America and am looking for an elegant/simple solution for some flaps or a tent to go over the rear ramp which would keep warm air in the winter and cool air in summer.

I will take some photos of our project later in the week and look forward to sharing them with all of you. I have been lurking on your site for weeks and it is a wealth of information.

Best,
Aether (matt)
Just came across this exact item the other day. Carefree makes an awning designed for that: Carefree Outback Awning

Because you said elegant/simple, but not cheap...

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
Los Angeles , California
Thanks Peter,
That was quick! My main consideration is anything design oriented, not so much price. The care free is a good start, but what about some sort of flaps like they have in a walk in refrigerator.
m
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
Thanks Peter,
That was quick! My main consideration is anything design oriented, not so much price. The care free is a good start, but what about some sort of flaps like they have in a walk in refrigerator.
m
Well that should be pretty easy. You could even make it really classy and do a full height curtain. Then you could even have a stage to act on.

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote