Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

Private , Texas
Airstream Intersate -opinions please

Hi All,
We’ve been looking for an Airstream interstate and haven't had much luck as of yet. We almost got scammed once, and got ghosted once during negotiations. We’ve now come across this eBay posting and are a little optimistic, but it’s a 2014 chassis with a 2013 build out. Is this something that airstream does, or is it some type of after market conversion?

Also what are your thoughts on it in general, good deal? Or anything in particular we should ask the seller about?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F13 3093594336

Thank you!
Wanderlust12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The link doesn’t work for me, but I suggest trying to find a reliable human to go look at it.

Maggie
Old 06-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #3

Private , Texas
Thank you for the suggestion of getting someone to look at. Hoping this link works now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/mercedes-be...QAAOSw57Bc-I4t
Wanderlust12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
How are you doing on this?

It appears Hays Kansas is about in the middle of nowhere USA right off of I70 population 20,000.

The first link worked for me and I was able to take a peek at the pictures. They weren't the best pictures but from what little you could see it looks pretty nice. They looked like owner pictures versus a dealership. It also looks to be parked in the back of a residential lot outside their garage versus in a commercial lot.

How much of an in-depth conversation have you had with the sellers.

It looks like there are two RV places in town. Camper & RV Center and a RV and Skip & Sons Repair business maybe somebody from there can go by and look at the mechanical aspects of it.

There also look to be about four or five car dealerships there may be a mechanic from there would be willing to run it through some diagnostics.

You might want to go over to the Interstate owners thread and talk with a couple of those owners about specific questions regarding an Interstate. That group of people is highly knowledgeable and informed about their vehicles.

If you are very serious about this vehicle, I see there is one eBay bid, we could "potentially" take a look at the vehicle for you in two days. However we are not Interstate owners we are not mechanics and we are not vehicle inspectors, we would be driving through and be able to get off the freeway, take a look, take a whole bunch of pictures and get back to you.

Having said that it's probably something you can also get done with the seller if you get a comfortable rapport with them. If they are not technology-wise they could always have somebody else do a walk-through Skype / FaceTime inspection with you to see if you can get a better look at the areas that could be of any concern.

We had luck contacting a local wbcci chapter and that President sent out an email to see if any members would be willing to do a walk-through for us. We got a retired gentleman who had free time and lived close by. We sent him a list of things to look at specifically and he took a ton of pictures. He called us while he was still on scene and looked at a couple more things and that was what we based our purchase on.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
The offer to look at the Interstate is rescinded. Hays Kansas is in the rearvirw mirror now.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote