Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2022, 06:02 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Airstream auctions - non-eBay

Mods, feel free to move this thread if you know of a better home for it. Iíve read the Sticky and Iíve searched for other subforums with no contender becoming obvious to me.

TL;DR - Iím in the process of a long-term internet deep dive trying to find a rare model to purchase (first-gen Basecamp). Along the way, I am uncovering posted Airstream sales that do not fit my needs, but which might appeal to other searchers.

Auctions are difficult because there are MANY scams out there, and auctioneers donít target the public en masse - auctioned units (especially repossessions and units involved in bankruptcy proceedings) are often bought by resellers who then market them to the public. Information about legit but obscure auctions is typically not served up on a golden platter for easy access.

Nevertheless, if one is willing to wade through a lot of crap, there are interesting opportunities out there, and I think we would benefit from a thread somewhere for those to be posted.

Anyway, hereís an example of a 2005 Land Yacht the auction for which closes in 2 days. The MH is currently bid at $200 and obviously itís not going to close at that price, but what WILL it close at?? This is a site that typically auctions construction and farm equipment, so will the Airstream draw much attention? I donít know.

Buyer beware - do you homework x10 on any of this kind of thing. But from what I can discern, this listing appears to be legit. It will expire and be removed, so I screengrabbed it for future reference (below).

Meanwhile, if anyone else encounters non-eBay listings that might be of interest to other AirForums members, please post on this thread. I may never find my Basecamp through any source, but it might be interesting to watch some of these other transactions.

Thanks.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Another one for today, October 9, 2022:

Copart is auctioning a second generation 2022 Basecamp with a front panel damage listed here, physical location in Ohio. Other than the dent, the posted photos make it appear as a virgin unit.

Copart is a legit auction site. Second generation won’t work for me or else I’d be bidding on it.

EDIT: Global Auto has that one plus another Basecamp with hail damage. Screenshot because the listings will disappear:

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote