Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #1

1972 25' Tradewind
Corvallis , Oregon
Talking 1972 25' Airstream Trade Wind Land Yacht

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ORS:1123#v4-46

Hello, I am have been looking at this Airstream online and interested in converting it into a food trailer in the Corvallis/Newport area. This will be my first trailer purchase and I was hoping to get some tips.
I have read about rot in the floors, and bad axels etc what else should I look into when I look at it next weekend if it doesn't sell before then.......this particular trailer has a broken rounded window in the front under the tint cover, which I tried finding online to get an idea of the price to replace and couldn't find anything. Anyone have an idea what those cost or where to find them online? Also I am unclear about the tank situation. What should I be looking for regarding water tanks? The starting bid price is $2,500....what is a fair price? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!
LuxyLu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #2

1972 25' Tradewind
Corvallis , Oregon
This is what the seller has posted about this Airstream....for some reason I cannot get the link to download onto the thread.

1972 25' AIRSTREAM Trade Wind Landyacht. I recently bought this Airstream, and don't know too much about it, or its history. I'm not sure what works, and what doesn't, and what is original on it, and what is not, or may be missing. It appears to be mostly original and complete to me, but I know nothing about these classic trailers. Body appears to be Really Straight, with a little scraping on the passengers side near the tires, and a little warpage here and there. No big dents or dings. Drivers side front curved glass window is shattered, but in tact. The previous owner layed a Pergo style floor down, that looks good, and will need a little trim around the edges. The previous owner's wife mentioned to me that the wheel bearings had been recently packed. Interior, and running lights work good. Tires look pretty good. Trailer is being sold with NO RESERVE, and is located in Roseburg, Oregon 97470, and is being sold AS-IS, Where Is. Please email any questions you may have, and I will do my best to help. $500 Deposit to be received within 24 hours of auctions end via Cash, Bank Wire Transfer, or Paypal. Remaining Balance to be paid within 3 days of auctions end by cash or bank wire transfer. Serious bidders only Please!
LuxyLu22 is offline   Reply With Quote