Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
barnehurst , Kent. UK
Trying to find a trailer article on here

I'm trying to find an article I read here a few days ago. I've looked but just can't find it again.
It was about a trailer that an importer has here in the UK and I think was ripping out the interior?, it turns out the trailer belonged to a couple originally that went on the world tour with it with W.B.
can anybody point me to it?
keith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
is this it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith53 View Post
I'm trying to find an article I read here a few days ago. I've looked but just can't find it again.
It was about a trailer that an importer has here in the UK and I think was ripping out the interior?, it turns out the trailer belonged to a couple originally that went on the world tour with it with W.B.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f345...ope-57647.html
Old 06-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith53 View Post
I think this is the message thread you are referring to:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...yed-47333.html

By the way, Wally Byam passed away in 1962, so the Around the World (ATW) caravan was lead by Andy Charles, although it was a dream of Wally's that he did not live to see. Undoubtedly preparations for the ATW caravan began while Wally was still alive, however.

Does your interest mean that perhaps you have now purchased this trailer? If so, I'd like to talk to you, perhaps off line, as I am trying to document each surviving trailer from the ATW caravan for the Vintage Airstream Club. I wrote an article about these trailers for the Vintage Airstream Club newsletter a couple of years ago. There are only about 4 documented surviving ATW Airstream trailers at the moment (undoubtedly, more are waiting to be rediscovered), but I have heard unconfirmed rumors of a couple more survivors over the years.

P.S. Here is a link to the first time this trailer was mentioned in these forums:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...eam-25295.html
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote