Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream History
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Thanks Pee Wee, I love the Sierra Nevada Unit's website. So much history, so much fun was had by Wally Byam Caravaners. My hope / dream is to be like them and travel the world in my Airstream.
Michelle and Leon,

Thank you for the kind words. You will love Airstreaming the world. There is absolutely nothing like it!

I will continue to add items to the SNU website. Sharing memories, letter, photographs, artifacts and more is my thank you for the many miles I traveled from 1951 on.

Pee Wee
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee
Barry,

I did a "campfire" last summer at Breckenridge, and I will "campfire" with the Four Corners in two week at Cottonwood. Tentatively I will visit the International in Bozeman. I try to put as much information, as I can, on the Sierra Neveda Unit's website. So many stories, so many miles, and so many smiles.

Pee Wee
Pee Wee,

I hope you make Bozeman, I would like the opportunity to meet you.

Bill-
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee
Michelle and Leon,

Thank you for the kind words. You will love Airstreaming the world. There is absolutely nothing like it!

I will continue to add items to the SNU website. Sharing memories, letter, photographs, artifacts and more is my thank you for the many miles I traveled from 1951 on.

Pee Wee
This is wonderful news!

As we are still working we will only travel with the club via New England Unit Caravans for the next 10 or so years. These are great because they are 2 to 2 1/2 weeks long which is doable for worker bees like us. There is a couple is our club that had retired about 3 years ago and now they spend much of their time caravanning with the WBCCI. They are having the time of their lives and we wish we were traveling with them.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #24
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Randy,
Welcome to the forums. I too have Airstreamed my whole life, and have read both of the articles about your family. I hope we can hear more stories from you, are you planning on attending the WBCCI rally in Bozeman, MT this summer?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Cazenovia , New York
bozeman..

good morning airedale, great to hear about your adventures and life with an airstream. I am hoping to go to bozeman and it would be fun to get together. I will know more about my schedule in a few months...and i will let you know. thanks, Randy.
arm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #26
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
No Problem Randy, Ill be there for sure, you can always meet up with us somewhere and Caravan if you would like, Warning, my father can driver slow at times. Some of my First memories are in our Airstream. It is something that has always been in my life, just another part of who Iam.

My sister and I love your fathers photos. We both love the Lady at the Golden Gate Bridge and I love the Beach/Scuba Lesson one. I think Im going to break down and buy it from Airstream, because I love it so much.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Cazenovia , New York
Getting use to the forum..

Hi Laura, Greg, Joe, Barry, and Dale. Still learning the skills of using the forum and thanks for your patience and the kind words and wishes. Like Dale the early adventures of Airstream travel come alive whenever you back up the hitch and "Hook On". When you think how many of us participate in this great experience that is only limited by our imagination. When i step through the door, "Portal" of my trailer I find myself already planning the next adventure. I honor all of you that "get off the porch" and "plan" your next adventure. Wally was right when he said, " It is better to wear out than rust out". I am looking forward to Sarasota. I just traded in my 19' Safari for a 25' FB. What a difference! I have a few warranty issues but overall the quality seems to have improved in '08. The FB layout is wonderful and i recommend it to anyone. Again thanks for the support and look forward to meeting you, but "not on the porch" Randy
arm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
No Problem Randy, Ill be there for sure, you can always meet up with us somewhere and Caravan if you would like, Warning, my father can driver slow at times. Some of my First memories are in our Airstream. It is something that has always been in my life, just another part of who Iam.

My sister and I love your fathers photos. We both love the Lady at the Golden Gate Bridge and I love the Beach/Scuba Lesson one. I think Im going to break down and buy it from Airstream, because I love it so much.
I may drive slow Laura but I make it safe and sound... Welcome Randy to the Forums.. Looking forward to more of your adventures. Ralph (Airboss)
Old 02-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #29
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
That is true, we take our time, have fun, and get there safe!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I dont know if pulling it at 65 mph is taking my time but I sure dont want to pull it any faster then that...
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Been a long time since anyone posted here... Lets hear and see some stories!!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #32
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Memories

Visiting Wally at St Andrews Place. His bring home a 16mm copy of Ft Apace, with John Wayne and showing it. This was 1949, before TV. Walking down the street with him and his two dogs Skipper and Robin.

Wally pulling up with his rig on Halloween. He didn't like my costume. He told me to wait. He went out to his Airstream and came back with a burnt cork, and a bandana. Did a few folds, and ties; then did a makeover with the burnt cork. Stood back and told me you are know a pirate, go out and trick and treat.

Going through the Sierras on hiking and camping venture. Learning how to stay warm in cold weather. Being dubbed Pee Wee.

Yes these are pre-Caravan and pre-Club memories of Wally, my cousin.

Pee Wee

The picture is Christmas 1944 in Long Beach. Top step to bottom, Henry Schwamborn, my Father; Wally Byam, my cousin; James Boyce, my Uncle; Helen Byam Schwamborn, my Mother; Dale Schwamborn (a young Pee Wee); Marion Byam, Wally's first wife' and Sue Boyce (Helen's Mother; Wally's Aunt, and my Grandmother.

A great family picture from long ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas 1944 4327 Colorado Avenue, Long Beach, CA.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	72227  
Old 12-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Love it Pee Wee!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Corrections to text

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
Visiting Wally at St Andrews Place. He brought home a 16mm copy of Ft Apache, with John Wayne and showing it. This was 1949, before TV. Walking down the street with him and his two dogs Skipper and Robin.

Wally pulling up with his rig on Halloween. He didn't like my costume. He told me to wait. He went out to his Airstream and came back with a burnt cork, and a bandana. Did a few folds, and ties; then did a makeover with the burnt cork. Stood back and told me you are now a pirate, go out and trick and treat.

Going through the Sierras on hiking and camping venture. Learning how to stay warm in cold weather. Being dubbed Pee Wee.

Yes these are pre-Caravan and pre-Club memories of Wally, my cousin.

Pee Wee

The picture is Christmas 1944 in Long Beach. Top step to bottom, Henry Schwamborn, my Father; Wally Byam, my cousin; James Boyce, my Uncle; Helen Byam Schwamborn, my Mother; Dale Schwamborn (a young Pee Wee); Marion Byam, Wally's first wife' and Sue Boyce (Helen's Mother; Wally's Aunt, and my Grandmother.

A great family picture from long ago.
Corrections: He brought home a 16mm copy of Ft Apache,