Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #1

Chandler , Arizona
I'm looking for 6930

Hi,

I'm looking for my Grandfolk's Airstream #6930. Their names were Dan and Luella Lewis from Wichita, Kansas. They had the Airstream from (I would guess) early 1970's until the early 1980's. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken (Grandson)
kenbarnett@cox.net
kenbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
The Blue Beret has a 6930 listed. It's a long way from you. In Front Royal, VA. Email is nick6930@gmail.com
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbarnett View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for my Grandfolk's Airstream #6930. Their names were Dan and Luella Lewis from Wichita, Kansas. They had the Airstream from (I would guess) early 1970's until the early 1980's. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken (Grandson)
l]
Welcome to the forums. If #6930 is the big red numbers on the trailer, they have zero relation to the trailer, they are membership numbers for the club only.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I'm surprised no one has added to this.
The big red numbers are club member numbers, assigned when you join the WBCCI. They stay with you when you sell the trailer, because they are your numbers. Many people leave the numbers on the trailers when they sell or trade them, and just put their numbers on their new trailer. If a WBCCI member purchases the trailer, they will change the numbers on the trailer to their own. If they ask, the club can check, and if the number that is on the trailer is available, their member number can be changed so they don't have to change the numbers. After a membership has lapsed, the number then becomes available, and can be re-used by others again and again.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
I'm looking for 6930

Greetings Ken!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Airstreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbarnett View Post
Hi,

Ken (Grandson)
kenbarnett@cox.net
Unfortunately, as has already been noted, the big, red, WBCCI numbers aren't likely to help in your search for your grandparents Airstream. If you have a photo or photos that you could post of the coach, someone here on the Forums could at least identify the year and model . . . or get very close. Who knows, if the coach has an unusual feature in one of the photos someone may even have knowledge of the coach's whereabouts.

I wasn't looking for the Airstream that I remembered from childhood, but accidentally purchased it in 1995. I spent several months looking for an Airstream that would fulfill my dream . . . and after all of that searching looking at brand new 1995 coaches all of the way back to 1960 coaches, I chose the 1964 Overlander. Several months later, I was traveling with the Airstream and stopped to see a family member of the friends who had sparked my interest in Airstreaming in the early 1960s. It was then that the coach was identified as the one that I remembered from childhood because of the unique fabric that had been utilized when the original owner sewed new drapes for the coach in 1980 (just prior to selling the Overlander to its second owner).

Strange things happen every day in the world of Vintage Airstreams and you may eventually find your "needle in the haystack".

Good luck with your search!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote