Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
Dell Sanders Passing

I'm sure there are many here who knew Dell. He was true gentleman and one of my favorite people. If I had a customer who needed emergency help in Florida I could always count on Dell's team to help out.

His obituary is below

Dell Sanders of the former J.D. Sanders RV Center dealership in Alachua, Fla., has passed, according to several reports.

A longtime member of the ROUTE 66 RV Network, J.D. Sanders RV Center was founded by his parents, J.D. and Dorothy Sanders, in 1971 on a small street corner in Gainesville. Dell Sanders and his brothers, David and Hal, followed in their parents’ footsteps. The dealership was acquired by RV Retailer LLC in January of this year. The store, which sells Airstream and Forest River Rockwood products, serves the Gainesville, Fla., market and was rebranded as RV One Superstores – Gainesville.

Dell Sanders served as the chairman of the board for the national RV Dealers Association (RVDA) in 2005-2006. According to the RVBusiness report at the time of his being named chairman, Sanders was a long-time member of the national association, based in Fairfax, Va., and had served in several key leadership positions, including first vice chairman. He also was very active at the state level, having served as president of the Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA) where he also had served as a member of the board of directors.

“We all need to work together to accomplish common goals,” Sanders said at the time. “While all of us are different, we are all in the same business. It’s in our long-term interest to tackle the issues we can agree on to create a better environment for our dealerships and customers.”

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot
Andrew T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Really sorry to learn of this.... met him on several occasions. Link to obituary: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ga...7810&fhid=6305

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 16' Sport
Tallahassee , FLORIDA
I truly miss the great service and hospitality JD Sanders and family provided. I've been back to what is now RV One and I cannot fathom the most awful service I've received. I cannot get them to take my call or schedule service on a warranted part they ordered and have had since December! Do you know what recourse I have?
weismans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:48 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' International
Neptune Beach , Florida
The new owner RvOne is terrible. The worst service department I have ever seen. I wouldn't take my wheelbarrow there for service. You literally spend a month trying to get them to call you back then they say they haven't even got the trailer in the shop yet. Terrible service and rude.
NascarNomads is offline   Reply With Quote