Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Flying Cloud
Kent , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
I watched the Pottery Barn (PB) video yesterday (Justin Humphries emceeing). There was one impractical feature that jumped out at me and that was the return to fabric upholstery on the sofa and dinette; in a light shade no less. I've always thought the ultra leather that Airstream started using years ago was the smartest thing they ever did. Wipe it clean when dirty, treat it with a leather conditioner once a year and it keeps looking great. While the new look looks comfy, all I could think about was my darling but grubby 4-year-old grandson jumping and climbing all over it the first time out. And why oh why did they replace the clean look of roller shades with the Roman shade-like curtains? The dust of the road will love them. Lastly, the tray feature that hooks on the outside window with the inviting drinks on it - clever but will it scratch the side of the Airstream?
I wish they had gone with another Christopher Deam-like interior designer who showed the RV world how captivating the inside of a trailer could look. His fresh, clean design and use of eye-popping colors (the CCD series, now discontinued as of last fall), caused me to fall in love with AS in 2005 when I bought my 19-foot Bambi.
Same. Looks really cute, just like all the cute things in the catalogs. But with 4 kids, 3 of them boys, I put a lot more value on dirt-ability. But it is cute!
mickeyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Fredericktown , Ohio
The hanging window table is a great feature. So is the one shown by turk123.
WBCCI #6826
We have Year-Round Courtesy Parking.
MMCMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:39 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
2019 33' Classic
2017 27' Tommy Bahama
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by steilkurve View Post
Same reaction. Certainly is a stunning and inviting interior but pale cloth upholstery would be of concern for us. We mostly stay in regional, provincial and national parks or campgrounds in the wild where dirt and dust rule. Too much work to keep this design clean. We’d consider this unit if the majority of our camping was in RV resorts down south with ciments pads and all where things are a bit tidier. Maybe when we finally become snow birds. ;-)

And my severe OCD about my rig kicked in right away when I saw the tray leaning against the skin. I would not relax having the kids or friends go pickup silverware from the tray! Worse, what if someone bumps the tray?

Now, I do have to say I quite like that they brought automation one line down from the Classic. Would go for this size/layout if it was available in the Classic or GT trim levels and retained the automation from the Pottery Barn model. Would pay for that.

Anyone notice the ACs on the roof have different domes? Couldn’t find the domes on the Dometic site. Is it just a rendering or has AS switched AC vendor for 22? Got a GT coming so wondering.
In the update on airstreams blog they said new A/C units. Asked my dealer about this as we have a 2022 classic on order. I was told they are new units and supposedly have easy start built in.
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Not for me

It’s Purdy and not thought out for real world. Guess your not worried about scratches dents and digs from your hanging table.

And With the AC on wound not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoiii View Post
Such a clever idea! I love the idea of using the window frame to hang a small storage type shelf for drinks / soap / towels / etc... Is anyone manufacturing this? I can't find a link to it. I suspect it might not be too difficult to fab. I haven't found any resources online or on the Pottery Barn website.

Life is a Highway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
The window is a headknocker BBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
I’m nowhere near my trailer and I can’t remember, but when the window is fully open can a 6’ tall person walk under it without hitting his/her head?
… for anyone over 5’9”. Maybe the shelf would compel people to walk around. Or maybe they will walk up to the shelf looking down and do a real number on their forehead.
I bought a 6’ pompom string at Walmart ($3) and tied the ends to the lift arm attachments. It rides between the glass and the screen going down the road. When the window is open, I pull the slack over the lower corners of the glass to position the pompoms along the hazardous edge. No more biffs!
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:44 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vashon , Washington
but... where would one store something odd shaped like that?
dprvashon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hanging Table/Shelf—New AIR~BAR

Here's a new hanging table similar to the Pottery Barn version. The AIR~BAR hardwood table will be available soon in maple and walnut. Soft vinyl bumpers protect your Airstreams' finish.

For more info and/or to place a pre-order: https://www.shopmatson.com/collectio...-hanging-ledge

JMatson1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:42 AM   #28
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Has anyone thought of a....table?

I can't say I'd like anything called 'bumpers' on the side of the AS, what if someone should bump 'em....A fast flying gnat will dent a panel.🥴

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76FA30E4-55BE-4141-B305-6AFE4B24CC28_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	402062  
Old 08-28-2021, 04:33 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
The A/C’s on the new PB’s are Coleman. Wonder if they are transitioning to this in other models.
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:25 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2000 30' Excella
GTA , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Do the new units come with scratch proof clear?[emoji848]

Bob

[emoji631]
That's what I was thinking, I hope it has soft rubber feet on it
#4286 Stella the 2000 30ft Excella/Classic - Tow Vehicle - 2020 GMC Denali 1500 Duramax 3.0l Diesel, ProPride3 WDH.
previous tow vehicles 2012 Mercedes Benz GL350d - CanAmRv.ca hitch Reinforcement, 2005 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4L
Ultraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:32 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepine View Post
In the update on airstreams blog they said new A/C units. Asked my dealer about this as we have a 2022 classic on order. I was told they are new units and supposedly have easy start built in.
Thanks. Did your dealer specify if they were transitioning to these for all models?
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 11:23 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
It’s Purdy and not thought out for real world. Guess your not worried about scratches dents and digs from your hanging table.

And With the AC on wound not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
I can't say I'd like anything called 'bumpers' on the side of the AS, what if someone should bump 'em....A fast flying gnat will dent a panel.🥴

Bob
🇺🇸
Actually, lots and lots of thought has been given to protecting the Airstream finish. Soft PVC foam runs across the entire back edge of the table, and there are vinyl caps on both ends of the J-hangers.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:34 AM   #33
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatson1111 View Post
Actually, lots and lots of thought has been given to protecting the Airstream finish. Soft PVC foam runs across the entire back edge of the table, and there are vinyl caps on both ends of the J-hangers.
Well, good luck with yours...I'd rather not gamble, knowing all the stuff that does damage the skin, bugs & twigs come to mind.👎

Tables work well.

Glamp Happy.😂

Bob
Old 12-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Houston , Texas
Here is something that mimics the Pottery Barn on. It folds flat.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Costway-F...dSellerId=1848
Old 12-21-2021, 09:48 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokila View Post
Here is something that mimics the Pottery Barn on. It folds flat.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Costway-F...dSellerId=1848
Lots of solutions, but be careful; you don't want to scratch your side panels...just to have a hanging table! I would wrap the lower parts that contact the AS with a material or cover a piece of PVC tubing. (or, just do like we do and carry a folding table!) This is the one we have used for years...
GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table 20 Outdoor Folding Table
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Lots of solutions, but be careful; you don't want to scratch your side panels...just to have a hanging table! I would wrap the lower parts that contact the AS with a material or cover a piece of PVC tubing. (or, just do like we do and carry a folding table!) This is the one we have used for years...
GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table 20 Outdoor Folding Table
Yeah. I don't think anyone on this thread is dumb enough to not pay attention to that.

As for your alternate solution, it doesn't even hang which misses the whole point of this thread. Totally.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:33 PM   #37
WBCCI #19997

2021 22' Caravel
Oreland , Pennsylvania
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
I watched the Pottery Barn (PB) video yesterday (Justin Humphries emceeing). There was one impractical feature that jumped out at me and that was the return to fabric upholstery on the sofa and dinette; in a light shade no less. I've always thought the ultra leather that Airstream started using years ago was the smartest thing they ever did. Wipe it clean when dirty, treat it with a leather conditioner once a year and it keeps looking great. While the new look looks comfy, all I could think about was my darling but grubby 4-year-old grandson jumping and climbing all over it the first time out. And why oh why did they replace the clean look of roller shades with the Roman shade-like curtains? The dust of the road will love them. Lastly, the tray feature that hooks on the outside window with the inviting drinks on it - clever but will it scratch the side of the Airstream?
I wish they had gone with another Christopher Deam-like interior designer who showed the RV world how captivating the inside of a trailer could look. His fresh, clean design and use of eye-popping colors (the CCD series, now discontinued as of last fall), caused me to fall in love with AS in 2005 when I bought my 19-foot Bambi.
I just had to say that every single assertion here is spot on. I really appreciate the attention to detail.

Cheers!
215Airhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:24 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hanging Table/Ledge for Airstreams Available

Here's the new hanging table for Airstreams that many Airstreamers are talking about. The AIR~BAR hardwood table is available now in gorgeous maple and walnut. Thoughtfully designed, and a soft foam strip protects your Airstreams' finish.

For more info and/or to place an order:
https://www.shopmatson.com/collectio...-hanging-table