Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Austin , Texas
Pottery Barn - Open Window hanging Shelf

Such a clever idea! I love the idea of using the window frame to hang a small storage type shelf for drinks / soap / towels / etc... Is anyone manufacturing this? I can't find a link to it. I suspect it might not be too difficult to fab. I haven't found any resources online or on the Pottery Barn website.

ctoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
While not as "fun" as a hanging bar, my wife found a drying rack at William Sonoma for hanging clothes on a rear window sill of the Airstream.

Here is the link:https://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...0drying%20rack

It also folds up pretty well and can be converted to a much larger more stable "Bar".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brabantia_Hanging_Drying_Rack___Williams_Sonoma_res (1).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	400497  

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:09 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Austin , Texas

better close up image

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoiii View Post
Such a clever idea! I love the idea of using the window frame to hang a small storage type shelf for drinks / soap / towels / etc... Is anyone manufacturing this? I can't find a link to it. I suspect it might not be too difficult to fab. I haven't found any resources online or on the Pottery Barn website.

ctoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
La Mesa , California
Definitely seems like something that could be made. And yeah, not on the Pottery Barn website.

Been watching the new Airstream video this morning for this model and its STUNNING. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea but they really did an amazing job making the place feel like a home. From the cloth seating to the gorgeous farmhouse sink, the lighting and the subway tile in the bath, WOW! I would be a little sad we did not have this option to order if it were not for the fact that our wait to get ours is hopefully almost over and I am not willing to give up my hatch! Nor do we want to tow more than 25ft and we also do love the Coastal Cove interior of the International we ordered. But this Pottery Barn edition, IMO is a real stunner. I expected it just to be very gimmicky, but it actually has real substance.
DustyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:27 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyTrails View Post
Definitely seems like something that could be made. And yeah, not on the Pottery Barn website.

Been watching the new Airstream video this morning for this model and its STUNNING. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea but they really did an amazing job making the place feel like a home. From the cloth seating to the gorgeous farmhouse sink, the lighting and the subway tile in the bath, WOW! I would be a little sad we did not have this option to order if it were not for the fact that our wait to get ours is hopefully almost over and I am not willing to give up my hatch! Nor do we want to tow more than 25ft and we also do love the Coastal Cove interior of the International we ordered. But this Pottery Barn edition, IMO is a real stunner. I expected it just to be very gimmicky, but it actually has real substance.
Glad they are offering something akin to the GT models, in a 28'! Now, if they only had the 2 extra cabinets above the dinette like the FC model for additional storage, it would be perfect!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:14 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
I would love to get their table installed on my 25’ Int’l Signature - it would go with the dark cabinetry of the discontinued Sig line. I wonder what the weight difference is between their table and my Formica one.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Newport Beach , California
Window shelf hooks

https://www.grainger.com/product/8RP...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hook.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	400574  
CalifBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:13 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
I suspect if enough folks pester AS, they would make this available through the on-line store.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:57 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
I watched the Pottery Barn (PB) video yesterday (Justin Humphries emceeing). There was one impractical feature that jumped out at me and that was the return to fabric upholstery on the sofa and dinette; in a light shade no less. I've always thought the ultra leather that Airstream started using years ago was the smartest thing they ever did. Wipe it clean when dirty, treat it with a leather conditioner once a year and it keeps looking great. While the new look looks comfy, all I could think about was my darling but grubby 4-year-old grandson jumping and climbing all over it the first time out. And why oh why did they replace the clean look of roller shades with the Roman shade-like curtains? The dust of the road will love them. Lastly, the tray feature that hooks on the outside window with the inviting drinks on it - clever but will it scratch the side of the Airstream?
I wish they had gone with another Christopher Deam-like interior designer who showed the RV world how captivating the inside of a trailer could look. His fresh, clean design and use of eye-popping colors (the CCD series, now discontinued as of last fall), caused me to fall in love with AS in 2005 when I bought my 19-foot Bambi.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:50 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
I watched the Pottery Barn (PB) video yesterday (Justin Humphries emceeing). There was one impractical feature that jumped out at me and that was the return to fabric upholstery on the sofa and dinette; in a light shade no less. I've always thought the ultra leather that Airstream started using years ago was the smartest thing they ever did. Wipe it clean when dirty, treat it with a leather conditioner once a year and it keeps looking great. While the new look looks comfy, all I could think about was my darling but grubby 4-year-old grandson jumping and climbing all over it the first time out. And why oh why did they replace the clean look of roller shades with the Roman shade-like curtains? The dust of the road will love them. Lastly, the tray feature that hooks on the outside window with the inviting drinks on it - clever but will it scratch the side of the Airstream?
I wish they had gone with another Christopher Deam-like interior designer who showed the RV world how captivating the inside of a trailer could look. His fresh, clean design and use of eye-popping colors (the CCD series, now discontinued as of last fall), caused me to fall in love with AS in 2005 when I bought my 19-foot Bambi.
Same reaction. Certainly is a stunning and inviting interior but pale cloth upholstery would be of concern for us. We mostly stay in regional, provincial and national parks or campgrounds in the wild where dirt and dust rule. Too much work to keep this design clean. We’d consider this unit if the majority of our camping was in RV resorts down south with ciments pads and all where things are a bit tidier. Maybe when we finally become snow birds. ;-)

And my severe OCD about my rig kicked in right away when I saw the tray leaning against the skin. I would not relax having the kids or friends go pickup silverware from the tray! Worse, what if someone bumps the tray?

Now, I do have to say I quite like that they brought automation one line down from the Classic. Would go for this size/layout if it was available in the Classic or GT trim levels and retained the automation from the Pottery Barn model. Would pay for that.

Anyone notice the ACs on the roof have different domes? Couldn’t find the domes on the Dometic site. Is it just a rendering or has AS switched AC vendor for 22? Got a GT coming so wondering.
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:58 AM   #11
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Do the new units come with scratch proof clear?🤔

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 07-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
I'm sure that window shelf has rubber coating or some stoppers or felt on the backside.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #13

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
A non-Airstreaming friend asked me yesterday what I thought about the Pottery Barn model. One of the things I mentioned was this cool and quite useful-looking hanging table, and I said I was going to be watching the forums for the first shattered window from someone rushing to close things down ahead of a storm or something and forgetting that table...

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:39 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Kingsport , Tennessee
If I had a window right on the door side, ie, a 23FB, I could see having that shelf as being handy.

As I've got a 20FC, our windows that open as such are on the opposite side, the windows that would be next to the door are the fixed portals that are at the kitchen, I have no place where I could hang such. (Ok, I could use the fridge vent I suppose, but, that would require keeping the door shut... as we keep it open when we're outside usually, just doesn't make sense, for us.)

But I like the idea....
WBCCI #1051
LNBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
come someone pls measure the black tube?
what is the radius of the upper bend

it looks fairly easy to make
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Westerly , Rhode Island
I’m nowhere near my trailer and I can’t remember, but when the window is fully open can a 6’ tall person walk under it without hitting his/her head?
smithcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:36 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Ok, with a little modification, I've modified my wife's Williams and Sonoma clothes drying bracket!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bar_res (1).jpg
Views:	211
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	400662  

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:16 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Merrimac , Wisconsin
According to the Airstream website, the hanging window table is a feature of the Pottery Barn edition, and comes with the new Airstream for the low, low price of $145k! So maybe they'll eventually sell it as a replacement piece? Because eventually someone is going to lose it or break it...

-Brad
magnusdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:43 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Napa , California
I asked Patrick at Colonial if shelf unique to new PB and he said yes and per parts dept not available for general purchase. But with popularity may be offered in future.
RMYull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:58 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
that holder "almost" looks like a n over the door holder for a Christmas wreath; maybe modify one ??
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote