Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
One more Grill Aquaforno Grills

Lots have been written about grills however I think I have found one that I could add to my collection. It is called the Aquaforno II and is made in England. I saw it Indigo. It not only looks very portable but also very versatile. As you are able to cook pizza, smoke roast etc. So my question is has anyone used the original one and their thoughts on this one
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
Very interesting. I cant seem to find the info on the size of the grill surface. Did you see this?

Thanks
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
No other then the size of the pizza stone which is approximately 11 inches. I did just try to send an email asking the size of the cooking are.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
Silver Sojourn

2007 27' Classic FB
Excelsior , Minnesota
Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one.

The packed dimensions are 11.5 inches X 17 inches, weights 44 lbs. Guessing pizza stone is 14 - 15 inches.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...g/x/18373847#/
Engstroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Which one did you purchase. I am thinking about it however I really do no need another grill but that one certainly looks enticing and the price is reasonable.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:24 AM   #6
Silver Sojourn

2007 27' Classic FB
Excelsior , Minnesota
Yes, I’m in the same situation. I purchased the basic black one for $239 + 45 for shipping. My plan is to replace my gas grill, 5 Lbs propane tank and tripod grill with this. I’ll cook with hardwood charcoal same as I use on our Big Green Egg at home. Can beat the price. Thanks again for pointing this out urnmor
Old 03-23-2018, 06:29 AM   #7
Silver Sojourn

2007 27' Classic FB
Excelsior , Minnesota
Oops can’t beat the price. They’re planning to begin shipping in July.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Northridge , California
They sent me an email. the grill space is 15 inches. Im curious if you can use the lid on all 3 parts. For example if I just want to use the lower section, will the lid fit or do I have to add the middle and top section. Now I need to email them for that information. I have a Cobb and a Volcano ooh and a Weber..im trying to scale down to 1 grill. I really like the fact that I can add addtl charcoal etc without lifting up the grill full of meat! Not sure if I need the pizza deal and rotisserie items..I would think the cutouts would still be there I can purchase my own skewers, pizza plate cheaper if needed...thoughts??
LilNomad
Old 03-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Northridge , California
also...how do you think the stainless will look after a few uses? Do you think its just wipe clean?
LilNomad
Old 03-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #10
Silver Sojourn

2007 27' Classic FB
Excelsior , Minnesota
I believe the lid will work best when levels 2 and 3 are used. You might want to check some reviews/youtube vid's on the original Aquaforno on how best to use the cover. Both the volcano and Cobb are great grills, this looks like it could replace both of them. Yes, cool way to add wood/charcoal. The pizza stone is included in base model. Looks like the stone is great for baking and roasting as well. As far as stainless I've always been able to clean it up after grilling even the grate. I debated about the stainless, would last longer and goes best with AS but decided to go with basic black.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:46 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Northridge , California
Ok Tim at Aquaforno got back to me and told me that the lid will fit all sections, "its not a perfect fit but does the job". Also said he recommends the stainless over the black. The stainless is tougher than the black and will age to a brown , blue, bronze color. The black is a more mild steel and the paint has trouble sticking to it. Im leaning towards waiting to hear from someone here how its worked out for them before I add yet another grill to my collection hehe..and I still havent even gotten the Big Green Egg Minimax! I think sadly thats out for me since I travel solo and it would just be too cumbersome to move alone.
LilNomad
Old 03-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I love all of you however you sometimes cost me money as I am now considering buying this grill. No just like I don't need another hold in the head but I do like its versatility and as you said the price is right even adding shipping. So now I have to ponder whether I do it or not.