Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #1

New York , New York
Food Network Show Looking for Airstream

Hey there,

(I felt that this was relevant here because it's focused on cooking inside of an Airstream.)

My name's Chris, and I work for a company that produces Food Network and Cooking Channel shows. We're putting together a new program this summer that'll have a celebrity host touring the nation to cook with viewers in and outside their homes. A big part of the show is a classic road trip feel, something our producers are really looking to highlight by having our host tow a customized Airstream trailer that he can cook in when we shoot outside of people's homes.

I was wondering if you guys, who presumably have a great following, knew of anywhere in the NEW YORK/TRI-STATE area where we could rent customized Airstreams with nice, masculine interior, a kitchen, and ideally an openable side? I've done a fair share of research, but most rental end up being stock Airstreams, and we're looking for something with some flair. I've been trying to reach out to different parts of the Airstream community to see if there are any known dealers or sub-sects that might flourish with customized trailers and might be willing to rent to us for a brief (4 day) period in late May/June.

If there's anything you could tell me, or if there's any fans or groups you may know off hand I could be referred to, I'd very much appreciate it. And I can send you some images of what we're looking for in an email proper. Thanks for whatever anyone may know!

Chris
Follow Productions
FN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
"customized Airstreams with nice, masculine interior, a kitchen, and ideally an openable side"

I doubt that you are going to find such a special item, especialy the openable side.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I would search craigs list and see what you can find.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
These guys might have something, or know of something. They have a facility near Plattsburgh

Nomad - Mobile Space
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #5

New York , New York
Thanks, guys! Nomad in Plattsburgh was a nice suggestion, and they may have something akin to what we need.
FN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote