Old 12-08-2018, 02:23 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Hm. Didn’t realize a sort of ordinary pot would work on an induction system.

Somewhere in our collection we have an all copper version of the classic Revere ware teakettle. DW will not risk taking it camping. It’s that precious. And right, they don’t make them anymore in the US or China that I have found.
47 years of marriage and we still have and use the Revere Ware pots and pans we bought in “early marriage” days before the kids took over our lives...one left to launch to empty the nest...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Hm. Didn’t realize a sort of ordinary pot would work on an induction system.

Somewhere in our collection we have an all copper version of the classic Revere ware teakettle. DW will not risk taking it camping. It’s that precious. And right, they don’t make them anymore in the US or China that I have found.
47 years of marriage and we still have and use the Revere Ware pots and pans we bought in “early marriage” days before the kids took over our lives...one left to launch to empty the nest...
Oops, I didn't mean to mislead you. Most newer pots and pans have a stainless steel covered aluminium plate on the bottom that make them induction ready - and also makes them heat evenly. The good old Revere Ware (1950's) should work too because the steel was just so heavy duty and the copper.bottoms were also heavy. My mom got hers "as soon as it was available after WWII ended" It was lighter than cast iron, and weighed twice as much as the first and only piece I bought in the late sixties. It is even flimsier now.

The low end of WalMart stuff probably won't work, and if you shop at thrift stores MANY pots and pans.more than 10 years old won't work.

I fulltime and resist all temptation to buy any more cast iron, but thrift stores are the happy hunting ground for great cast iron pieces at low prices. Expect rust, and a lengthy cleanup and reseason process.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #22
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
I just use a pot.
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote