Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #821
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPPPIN View Post
Thank you, I tried the Napoleon Travel Q and it does not fit. Here is a pic of my Kuuma 160 that just fits the side compartment of a FB25 queen. I am thinking of converting to twins and and I can't find a slightly taller storage compartment door to install on the street side so it could accommodate a larger grille.
Interesting the Napoleon won't fit in the rear compartment? When I moved from our 25' twin to the 28' FC Twin model, one of the reasons for upsizing was the 28' twin comes with 2 nice size side compartments plus the rear is very large compared to the 25'. It's been a while since I looked close at difference ins size...wonder if there is a post somewhere which gives opening and dimensions of AS outside compartments? I don't think the Napoleon will fit in side compartments, but should fit in rear. I will check out when I get to our storage unit this week.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:45 PM   #822
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
Weber Traveller

Any Airstreamers out there using the Weber Traveller? We're thinking of trying that.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:40 AM   #823
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I have used Weber grills for over 45 years. We have a Q3200 at our place in the mountains and a Q120 (now called a Q1200) we take when camping with either of the two Airstreams. The Q120 can be "powered" by a standard propane tank (we use a 5 pounder), a connection to the Airstream propane tanks via the front port, or the small quart sized propane tanks from Walmart. We also have a built in Weber 670 at home. I have a Q2200 in the UK.

Our home smoker is a competition cart Yoder YS 640S. The cart option has much bigger tires which helps when moving on the gravel in our BBQ area.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:54 AM   #824
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
Any Airstreamers out there using the Weber Traveller? We're thinking of trying that.

Steve
Looks similar to the Coleman Roadtrip series....I bought one because it has larger surface if your entertaining larger groups, plus it has 2 grill grate; you can swap one out (or both) for the griddle option for pancakes/bacon, fried food dishes... Coleman Roadtrip X-Cursion Propane Grill. I use weber's at home; both gas and charcoal...good products. The Weber you mention looks nice. I would recommend the cover for sure also.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
Old 09-04-2022, 09:27 AM   #825
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
well I bought the Everdure Cube grill and am looking forward to using next week on our camping trip. I am leaving home my TEK infrared grill so I really will not any choice but to try it out.

Also wondering if anyone else has one and how they like it.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:32 AM   #826
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
well I bought the Everdure Cube grill and am looking forward to using next week on our camping trip. I am leaving home my TEK infrared grill so I really will not any choice but to try it out.

Also wondering if anyone else has one and how they like it.
I did use this on our last camping trip. It was the first time I have cooked with charcoal in years as I use propane to heat my grill when camping. I must admit it took a little longer to heat however once I got it to the temp I needed it did a great job. it is a small grill and IMO perfect for two.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:33 AM   #827
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
I did use this on our last camping trip. It was the first time I have cooked with charcoal in years as I use propane to heat my grill when camping. I must admit it took a little longer to heat however once I got it to the temp I needed it did a great job. it is a small grill and IMO perfect for two.
I watched the Youtube's on this unit and it looks like a nice compact unit! Starting the coals "without using fluid" is important, so we use a smaller "compact" Charcoal Chimney charcoal starter, which works well and doesn't take up much space. Also, gets the coals hot with just newspaper pretty quickly...faster and cleaner than using the fluid, which can leave that chemical smell in the charcoal as well as the entire area when your starting using fluids...Anyway, there are several styles including collapsible charcoal starters, on Amazon if you don't have one.

Personally, I have the Volcano, charcoal model when I want to do charcoal. It folds up and we keep it in the bag. Small grill size like yours, but is nice size for charcoal for 2-3 people. I also have the small Webber propane, as i mentioned above; but nothing like a meat cooked on charcoal grill, IMHO.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:21 AM   #828
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
I have to say that Everdure Cube looks intriguing. I love my Weber Q1200 and use it on every outing but it would be nice to bring some more flavor to the party. I use a MAK pellet grill at home for everything and have thought about a portable pellet grill but they get pretty big and heavy fast. How is the Cube for cleaning and does it have a lid you can use while cooking?
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:32 AM   #829
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I have to say that Everdure Cube looks intriguing. I love my Weber Q1200 and use it on every outing but it would be nice to bring some more flavor to the party. I use a MAK pellet grill at home for everything and have thought about a portable pellet grill but they get pretty big and heavy fast. How is the Cube for cleaning and does it have a lid you can use while cooking?
Thats a good question; I could not find a cover offered. I know with my Volcano charcoal grill, it has a very nice cover made of fire resistant material, and it folds up and stores inside nicely. It is one of the main reasons I love cooking with it. It makes cooking very fast and flavorful...grill gets real hot when using the cover, so steaks done pretty quick.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:09 AM   #830
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Wow! Check out the Nomad Grill! If price was no object in looking for a portable grill and smoker, this one is pretty nice...has the cover that can be open or closed, depending on your needs. All in one package....watch the video. Pretty slick. More expensive than my Trager Ranger, but not as big and heavy. I was going to show my wife....but I already know here answer!

https://nomadgrills.com/
Old 09-30-2022, 09:30 AM   #831
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Nevada City , California
That nomad looks pretty great but with all the restrictions lately on charcoal and pellet grills propane is my go to these days. At least from a California/western perspective. It seems that the restrictions are getting put on earlier every year. We hardly use our outdoor fireplace at home anymore because of spark concerns in the summer.
WaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:25 AM   #832
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
Weber 1200 is what we use
Remove the high pressure regulator ,then hook up to the as low pressure connection.

Google low pressure conversion kit

We also use a long gas connection so that the BBQ can be placed anywhere
WBCCI# 21212
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:36 AM   #833
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLee View Post
That nomad looks pretty great but with all the restrictions lately on charcoal and pellet grills propane is my go to these days. At least from a California/western perspective. It seems that the restrictions are getting put on earlier every year. We hardly use our outdoor fireplace at home anymore because of spark concerns in the summer.
I agree it is better to be safe then sorry and that is why I normally take my TEK infrared grill and now the cube. At home I mostly use my MAK 2 Star and never had a problem with ash.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:51 AM   #834
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLee View Post
I carry the small Webber Propane and also the Volcano from time to time...Volcano folds up. Like I said, Charcoal for steaks...hard to beat! (when you can have a fire)
Old 06-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #835

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Marion , NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Hut View Post
I don't like cooking in the trailer so we usually use a portable Coleman stove and set it up on the picnic table outside. I'm thinking about getting a portable bbq grill and have noticed some fold-up stainless grills that might work. Does anyone have a small grill that they recommend? Ideally would work with small propane bottles as well as charcoal. Thanks.
We love our Pit Boss Mahogany Series 150PPS Tabletop Wood Pellet Grill. granted it is not gas nor charcoal, but we love the versatility to either smoke, grill or sear.
Skwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:10 AM   #836
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Griddles (Blackstone) are also becoming the thing. Got , but haven't tried.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 08:35 AM   #837
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
Griddles (Blackstone) are also becoming the thing. Got , but haven't tried.
A Blackstone or Blackstone "type" dedicated griddle vs a BBQ? Not sure the big Blackstone "griddle only" I have seen, are worth the weight/size for storage when camping, unless your frying a for a lot of folks perhaps? Not the same as a BBQ, right which we use most every night? For frying, portable "Griddles" can be placed/used on a Coleman propane stove, a "bbq grill", or other sorces of heat.IMHO. Not sure end result "cooked food" like in a frypan, tastes any different than using a portable "grill" on cooking sources mentioned. As mentioned earlier, I use a portable griddle for bacon/pancakes/etc. on my 2 burner Coleman propane stove. I do carry 2 BBQ's, the Volcano charcoal for steaks, and the Webber 1200 propane for grilling chicken, fish, veggies, etc.

So, I ask the question: Why do folks like the Blackstone vs portable griddles?
Old 06-07-2023, 02:30 PM   #838
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
A Blackstone or Blackstone "type" dedicated griddle vs a BBQ? Not sure the big Blackstone "griddle only" I have seen, are worth the weight/size for storage when camping, unless your frying a for a lot of folks perhaps? Not the same as a BBQ, right which we use most every night? For frying, portable "Griddles" can be placed/used on a Coleman propane stove, a "bbq grill", or other sorces of heat.IMHO. Not sure end result "cooked food" like in a frypan, tastes any different than using a portable "grill" on cooking sources mentioned. As mentioned earlier, I use a portable griddle for bacon/pancakes/etc. on my 2 burner Coleman propane stove. I do carry 2 BBQ's, the Volcano charcoal for steaks, and the Webber 1200 propane for grilling chicken, fish, veggies, etc.

So, I ask the question: Why do folks like the Blackstone vs portable griddles?
I'm on the same page as you. I converted a Camp Chef Ranger II 2 burner tabletop stove for low pressure propane port use (removed the regulator and hose and added quick disconnect fittings).

It's versatile. I can use a frying pan on one burner and heat something in a pot on the second burner. Or make cast iron fajitas on one burner and use a single burner style cast iron griddle on the other to heat flour tortillas. Or, I can put a griddle plate across both burners and have a Blackstone style cooking capability.

The Blackstone griddle was really popular last year when I was doing research, but it isn't as flexible and given my payload challenges when towing with a Porsche Cayenne, everything needs to be able to do more than one task.

Nothing against Blackstone griddles if you have one, you love it, and have the space and payload capacity for it.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 01:02 PM   #839
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
I have a Weber Q200 that I have owned for decades, I added a Lodge cast Iron cooking surface that keeps the grill clean and distributes the heat evenly. I also purchased the optional stand with flip up side tables and optional brush and spatula that stores under lid. Even have the Weber cover.
bzizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 06:20 AM   #840
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I have finally come to my own conclusion there is no perfect grill for RVing as it ultimately comes down to personal choice. Some of us have multiple grills and other cooking stoves such as portable induction stove tops. Others prefer to use the fire pits with cast iron pots. So choose the one that fits your needs and enjoy the experience.