Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2022, 06:10 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
Who has taken hold of a 2023 28 Footer?

Anyone?
Old 09-09-2022, 06:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
to get our our new 2023 fc 25fb qh in two weeks
WBCCI# 21212
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
How do you like it? What battery package did you opt for?

We were just told by the end of November.
Old 11-16-2022, 07:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
Our unit is inbound and supposed to reach Oregon on Tuesday. Looking at the weather, it appears it will be dodging some snowstorms.

Normally I am doing snow dances to my ski resorts open, but I am totally cool with it staying dry and cold for the hot shoter.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:45 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiss View Post
How do you like it? What battery package did you opt for?

We were just told by the end of November.
We just took delivery of our 27FB this past Monday. We love it so far, the fit & finish seems to be good. I've crawled through it a couple times winterizing. Unfortunately we had to postpone our shake-down run scheduled for this weekend.

As for batts, we don't boondock so we went with flooded batts for now. I'll swap those out with lithiums in a couple years.
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 03:02 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
Final paperwork all complete. Taking possession Sat Dec 3. Added 5 year warranty and ceramic coatings (happy wife happy life).

Chose the AGM 6volt batteries and an onboard surge protector.

Looks like our pickup date will be the same as our move in day for our winter home away from home. All the things are lining up.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:31 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Final paperwork all complete. Taking possession Sat Dec 3. Added 5 year warranty and ceramic coatings (happy wife happy life).

Chose the AGM 6volt batteries and an onboard surge protector.

Looks like our pickup date will be the same as our move in day for our winter home away from home. All the things are lining up.
Congrats! We moved to the currant 2017 28' FCT model after owning 3 different model 25's. Ours was new also..made some minor modifications, but it has been a good coach for past 6 years and 58K miles. Only real issue we fixed early was the L-couch cushion foam. Added an Easystart to our 15000AC unit, and a window on the bathroom door for the wife! 3 sets of tires, and we also switched to 6V batteries 5 years back; they are still holding up great. Good luck with your new unit!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 11:32 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
We are just settled in for our first night of camping at our winter home with our new trailer.

It was so nice to eat around a table as a family tonight and to put each boy to bed in their own space.

I removed the outdoor shower and add insulation to the compartment. It’s supposed to be in the 20s tonight.

Everything as been pretty smooth. The wind really helped us get a feel for the new set up gusting over 30mph.

Only complaint, and it is RV industry wide. Why no sheets. No bed spread and no sheet would make way more sense to me, but why all the bedding except the sheets? Our 2004 Fleetwood came the same way and I just can’t understand it.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:44 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2023 28' Flying Cloud
Hyde Park , New York
My wife and I went looking for a 28' FC RBT this past summer. Of course there was nothing available and we were told it could be as much as two years to get one, yikes. Then a miracle happened, while we were talking with the salesman a customer called and cancelled his 28' FC RBT!!! It arrived at the end of October and we took it home in early November. We live in Eastern NY and it came winterized so we're not planning any trips until Feb. or March. It came with 300 watts of solar, the awning package, second AC, and no microwave. We added a pair of 100 AH Battle Born Batteries, and Airstream Connected. We had Thanksgiving Dinner in it and my wife is having a blast decorating it.
ctballos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:20 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
Welcome ctballos both the the forum and the Airstream cult!

That is about as meant to be as there is. Congratulations!

Our first night was great followed a slow lazy comfortable morning, which was nice because about every morning from here on out we will be heading out to ski.

We were a little nervous to leave it today. It’s supposed to be cold all week on the mountain, but I think I have taken the proper steps and we should be good.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:23 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2023 28' Flying Cloud
Hyde Park , New York
Quote:
Welcome ctballos both the the forum and the Airstream cult!

That is about as meant to be as there is. Congratulations!

Our first night was great followed a slow lazy comfortable morning, which was nice because about every morning from here on out we will be heading out to ski.

We were a little nervous to leave it today. It’s supposed to be cold all week on the mountain, but I think I have taken the proper steps and we should be good.
Wow you guys are brave. It's in the 40's here in the East, Michele and I have been spending some time in the afternoons in the AS supplementing the cold with a cracked open window and a small radiant propane heater. It's chilly. I'd love to hear some details of how things worked out; like how your propane and batteries held up. Are you plugged in? Enjoy the skiing.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:50 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
We followed all the advice from folks here by asking in the winterizing sections here on Airforums. Namely removing the outdoor shower and insulating the compartment. I also added a piece of insulation to the fresh water compartment, and I put a hose bib foam seal on the city water side.

We left the thermostat at 40 its lowest setting and placed our two electric heaters in there with their thermostats on low. We are plugged into power. Since it was freezing and we don’t have a heated water hose, we were using our tank only.

ctballoss, is your unit stored near power or away?
Old 12-05-2022, 09:48 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Camping in the snow? get yourself a dehumidifier..

Not sure if you folks staying in snow with your AS's have a dehumidifier, but it will certainly increase your comfort level inside when in very cold/snow weather...as well as in humid climates' in summer. The Dehumidifier also saves you from opening a window or vent and losing any heat in winter! There is another thread past week about different brands if interested.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
Old 12-06-2022, 12:05 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
We are shopping them now. Honestly, I don’t know why they aren’t just standard equipment. Maybe I need to chat with Ultimate Airstream about possibilities. Having one that was plumbed to drip outside instead of into a container and built into a cabinet would be awesome

We full timed in the PNWet a couple decades ago when we were finishing college. We had a massive and noisy one, but it was needed.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:47 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2023 28' Flying Cloud
Hyde Park , New York
Quote:
We followed all the advice from folks here by asking in the winterizing sections here on Airforums. Namely removing the outdoor shower and insulating the compartment. I also added a piece of insulation to the fresh water compartment, and I put a hose bib foam seal on the city water side.

We left the thermostat at 40 its lowest setting and placed our two electric heaters in there with their thermostats on low. We are plugged into power. Since it was freezing and we don’t have a heated water hose, we were using our tank only.

ctballoss, is your unit stored near power or away?
We live in a Co-Op Which doesn't allow us to keep the AS at home, it's parked out back in a field, which means no power. But lots of sun for the solar.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:16 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
What is the upholstered flat panel for behind the couch cushions? Is it supposed to be something that prevent kids from falling out of bed?
Old 12-20-2022, 07:55 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
What is the upholstered flat panel for behind the couch cushions? Is it supposed to be something that prevent kids from falling out of bed?
No; it's supposed to help angle the back cushion for support when sitting. Note, many of us have ordered new firmer foam in the couch cushions for more support comfort when sitting. We also pull out the bottom bed slide and put the back from the dinette on it for a "grand lounge" type seating when we are watching movies. Easy to set up and put back. Makes the whole couch thing a bit more comfortable. Recliners would be nice also, but we did not want to loose the storage space according to the wife...where we keep all the stuff we never use!
Old 12-20-2022, 11:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
Thanks.

We will have to talk boy #1 into trying the grand lounge. He has become a bit territorial over the dinette bed and it’s cushions.