Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Where do I start?

We've been RVing for many years and have had everything from pop ups to a 40' Diesel pusher. We're a couple of years away from retirement and probably the last thing on our bucket list for RVs is an Airstream.

I just picked up a RAM 2500 Diesel so I would imagine I'm good for just about any model up to a 30' Classic. We have 3 dogs and a 12 year old, so I'm thinking something between a 27" and a 30'. We're in central Florida and I really like the State Parks. So keeping the size down is a consideration. We usually do 1 or 2 week long trips. And maybe will start getting into some longer drives.

Don't know if we'll end up going new or used. I know the prices and can only imagine the wait times. But that's ok. Every once in a while I see a used one pop up locally and you never know. I need to know what to look for as these are different animals from what I've dealt with before. I know they have roof leaks like every other RV. I'm sure they also have other peculiar issues to be on the lookout when buying used. There's a Classic FB 30' we're going to look at. My guess is you need to move fast on something these days but I don't want to rush into lemon.

Anyway, thoughts, comments, suggestions based on the above are appreciated.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
I think if I were scheduled to take a look at a used Airstream, I would contact a local Airstream volunteer inspector to meet me there. If you go to the top of the page you’ll see “Portal”. Hit that and look on the right side of the page. You can select the state and city. I’ve had buyers contact me in the past and was happy to help out. I don’t get picky, I just point out iffy items and try and suggest things to be aware of. Good luck
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 03:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
First of all welcome to the forum. It's good to have you aboard.

With a 12 yo and 3 dogs I think the 30' would be the one you would want. Maybe the bunk version. Your TV will handle it and most of the FL state parks can accommodate a 30 footer.

Best wishes in your search!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote