After a couple of visits to Jackson Center I was finally able to arrange my schedule to be there at 2 o'clock for the tour. We had a huge group but I still had a fantastic time. Don Ambros did a fantastic job of providing the information, I hope the company realizes what an asset a good employee is! There was several items that I noticed on the line that seemed like changes since I bought mine new back in 06.
-Looks like a nice gasket is being installed under the body at the rear bumper, should help with leakage.
- Lots of sealant everywhere. Behind the lower belt line trim there was tons of vulkem added.
- LED exterior lights, step lights really nice
- clear coat on cast pieces looks really heavy.
- New CNC cut out tool is super precision, all rivet holes are cut super clean, window holes and door holes all cut very nice. Maybe with such clean cuts the clear coat on the edges of cuts will be better preserved thus minimizing the filiform problem.
- it appears the frame paint is done really well, it looks painted well especially around welds etc.
All in all I was very impressed and the facility seemed quite busy. We were able to look at the current models on the end of the line and I saw several QA sheets that had noted items to correct as well as items checked off.
Look forward to going back to pick up my unit from the service center!